Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2022, 08:01 PM   #15

Well, it sounds like you got several wins, but a couple of bummer losses, and I'm not referring to the voltage profile across that circuit. Mine also split a short distance from the fuse panel. It was my guess that one of the two found its way to the propane alarm and maybe the radio, as you have surmised. There is one more load, I think, and that is the control voltage for the slide switches. That would include the two slide switches on the end of the cupboard over the sofa and the one switch that you probably have in your bedroom. Those are extremely low current loads, even while operating them, as I"m pretty sure they just pick up the relay coils that then switch the slide systems, themselves.

I did as you did and opened up the area behind the propane detector, but did not check for the voltage drop. That was last fall, before I had learned as much as I have since then. I was just looking for wire colors to try to establish the routing of the circuit.

Neither the propane detector nor the radio should result in much drop in voltage. Those two loads, as well as the slide switch circuits, may likely be far more tolerant of a low voltage situation and still function adequately. Also, I wasn't interested in trying to tear into the dash to the point of being able to identify the wire feeding the radio, and whether the circuit stopped there, or continued on the the slide switches and/or the refrigerator.

It is incredibly interesting that you are finding the same magnitude of problem. As was said in Alice in Wonderland (I think), it just gets curiouser and curiouser.

I'm guessing you did not find any kind of east-west raceway between the bed compartment and the compartment under the shower or under any of the cabinetry aft of the refrigerator. Dang! I've not seen the details of the layout of your coach's walls, ceiling and appurtenances to hazard a guess of how you might chase something across and down to the bed.

Note, on ours there is a bundle that exits the floor of that compartment under the bed. I used that fact to run come cables to upgrade our tank monitoring system. It worked well. You may well be able to safely run a cable down thru that insulation blob into the area below the floor and secure it as you route it across the underside of the coach to where you can penetrate back up into somewhere along that passenger side area you've been exploring. I think that if you choose to run a replacement cable, and if it is I think you are describing it to be, I would give that serious thought.

BY THE WAY - If you are interested in a huge improvement to the tank monitoring system in your coach, let me know and I'll share what we did. EXTREMELY HAPPY! All three holding tanks AND the propane tank on a digital readout. TechEdge iSeries. https://tankedge.com

Keep us posted, and if you want to share pictures or bounce ideas, please do. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2022, 08:17 PM   #16

www.entegracoach.com/motorhomes/2021/esteem/[/IMG]

This may link to the 29v layout

Iíll keep you posted
srb1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 08:33 PM   #17

Wow, "SRB", that does look challenging. To go across the top, there has to be a way to get back down on the other side. The only candidate I really see would be that medicine cabinet in the toilet "room". It could go across there, then down thru that cabinet to the chase behind the toilet and then to the under-bed compartment. If that's true, you might be able to open up something in the way of removable panels in the top of the medicine cabinet and in the top of the pantry. I'm thinking you will need four-foot long arms with at least three elbows on each to get it done, but it may not be impossible. I can't see anywhere else they could do it. That's about the only concealed "thickness" between the two slides on the driver's side.

Also, I see that the slide switches are above the forward end of your upper kitchen cabinet. On ours, the kitchen is on the driver's side and the couch is on the passenger side.

Interesting observation. Of the four Esteems, ours has the largest bed, but it's the smallest coach. What were they thinking????
Old 06-23-2022, 10:21 AM   #18

Well the cable run took an alternate route and source location. I pulled wire from back of REFER straight forward and then down to battery box area. There in I tied to switched side of battery disconnect. That way it still will disconnected if I ever switch house DC off. I did add fuse at that connection and labeled. Additional added label inside fuse panel to denote new fuse location.

I have 13.8 volts at battery and at Refer now. As you determined the oem wiring is too small for that length of run and then somewhere was actually stepped down to a even smaller gauge before getting g to Refer. That cause over a 1.2 drop without load.

Now it stays at full voltage with load. Once again ENTEGRA engineering at its best did a gotcha. I attached a pic of floor plan and you can see it was a straight and pretty easy cable pull

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2021-entegra-coach-esteem-class-c-floorplan-29v-tr48508[/IMG]
srb1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:28 AM   #19

Fantastic! You're good to go, and we are as well.

To get a 1.2 volt drop in a circuit that is, let's say 25' long, considering the specs on the refrigerator suggest a maximum load of 2.4 amps, that would calculate to a resistance of 0.5 ohms.

To have 0.5 ohm of resistance in a wire of that length would be a resistance of about 25 ohms per 1000'. The table I am looking at only goes down to 20 AWG, and 20 AWG wire is about 10 ohms per 1000'. To get as high of a resistance as we were seeing, that would take something around 24 AWG. Wow!!!

But we're both good to go, and you've got a win. Sounds like the way you engineered it into your coach should be completely adequate and safe. Cheers, and thank you for sharing your success. And yes, a couple of "Aw Shucks" (vs Atta-boys) to Integra!!
Old 07-22-2022, 05:02 PM   #20

Did you ever find schematics? Iím looking around to for future solar install. Mine is pre solar prep but i donít know what wires go to what.
Jack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:49 PM   #21

Hi, Jack (12)

Here are the two drawings that I got from Entegra.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite and Solar Prep Roof Locations.pdf (95.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf Solar Prep Connection Diagram.pdf (237.3 KB, 3 views)

Tags
wiring