RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

2021 Water Pump

Please remind me of the make and model of a water pump replacement that some of you are using to replace stock water pump in your 2021 Anthems. We are picking up a new Anthem the middle of December at the Phoenix NiRvC facility. Would like a better pump than the one that was in our 2019 Anthem.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
https://www.amazon.com/Shurflo-40481...&tag=hydsma-20

Not sure if this is still the pump of choice, but what I switched too, from the 4008.

Cheers
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Shurflo-40481...&tag=hydsma-20

Not sure if this is still the pump of choice, but what I switched too, from the 4008.

Cheers
That's what I used [Mod Edit]
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:31 PM   #4

I finally gave up on Shurflo. Had the top end 4048 in the Cornerstone, but was continually fighting with its bypass approach (pump always runs full blast, adjust the bypass valve to recirculate the excess, tends to burn out the pressure switch ). I put in a Remco variable speed pump, and am so far much happier with it. Not the cheapest, but is heavy duty. Don't mount it on the wall, like Entegra did, defeats the vibration dampers in the mounts, as per Remco instructions. Put it on top of the macerator. Also, as per both Shurflo and Remco, do not attach the pump directly to rigid piping like Entegra does, use flexible hose to isolate vibration. To replace the Shurflo, order Remco
55-Aquajet ARV
25-181 filter
25-175 damper hoses (2 of them)
and 2 wire nuts to connect the power, have to cut the Shurflo wires to reuse the Entegra plug. Other than that, is plug and play. Can order online from rvupgradestore
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwaynesmith View Post
I finally gave up on Shurflo. Had the top end 4048 in the Cornerstone, but was continually fighting with its bypass approach (pump always runs full blast, adjust the bypass valve to recirculate the excess, tends to burn out the pressure switch ). I put in a Remco variable speed pump, and am so far much happier with it. Not the cheapest, but is heavy duty. Don't mount it on the wall, like Entegra did, defeats the vibration dampers in the mounts, as per Remco instructions. Put it on top of the macerator. Also, as per both Shurflo and Remco, do not attach the pump directly to rigid piping like Entegra does, use flexible hose to isolate vibration. To replace the Shurflo, order Remco
55-Aquajet ARV
25-181 filter
and 2 wire nuts to connect the power, have to cut the Shurflo wires to reuse the Entegra plug. Other than that, is plug and play. Can order online from rvupgradestore

Good advise. I wasn't willing to modify the OEM location or part, just because.... It was a difficult install but I got r done
Old 12-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #6

Yeah, the second time I had to work on that pump in the OEM location was the time I decided it was my last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Good advise. I wasn't willing to modify the OEM location or part, just because.... It was a difficult install but I got r done
Old 12-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Yeah, the second time I had to work on that pump in the OEM location was the time I decided it was my last.
I didn't want to try it even once. I left the Shurflo 4048 in place and installed an Aquajet pump on top of the macerator:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/new...by-433673.html
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #8

Quote:
55-Aquajet ARV
25-181 filter
Thank you
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #9

Quote:
55-Aquajet ARV
25-181 filter

I'm curious how you attached the pump to the macerator? Did you screw into the top?
Old 12-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #10

Actually, I haven't connected mine to the macerator yet, my macerator is dead and I have to take that apart next! The pump is just sitting on top. I'm thinking of mounting it on a thick rubber jack pad, to absorb more vibration, and then lightly attach the pad with a screw or two in the frame holding the macerator.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Actually, I haven't connected mine to the macerator yet, my macerator is dead and I have to take that apart next! The pump is just sitting on top. I'm thinking of mounting it on a thick rubber jack pad, to absorb more vibration, and then lightly attach the pad with a screw or two in the frame holding the macerator.
Regarding mounting a water pump on top of the macerator, lots of info in this post:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/new...ml#post4676875

If you read the entire post, you'll see what I did ended up being more complicated than it needed to be. All you really need to know is that the eight self-drilling lag screws around the perimeter of the macerator don't have anything to do with sealing the macerator. Just make yourself a platform - wood or other material of your choice (I used High-Density Poly-Ethylene) - then remove four of the eight lag screws, hit your local hardware store to buy longer ones, use the longer lag screws to mount your platform to the top of the macerator, then mount your new water pump to the platform.

Any questions or confusion, feel free to ask.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Regarding mounting a water pump on top of the macerator, lots of info in this post:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/new...ml#post4676875

If you read the entire post, you'll see what I did ended up being more complicated than it needed to be. All you really need to know is that the eight self-drilling lag screws around the perimeter of the macerator don't have anything to do with sealing the macerator. Just make yourself a platform - wood or other material of your choice (I used High-Density Poly-Ethylene) - then remove four of the eight lag screws, hit your local hardware store to buy longer ones, use the longer lag screws to mount your platform to the top of the macerator, then mount your new water pump to the platform.

Any questions or confusion, feel free to ask.
Larry,
that is what I was envisioning. Using soft lines also makes sense. I think I would double down and use vibration feet on both the platform and pump

Tags
pump, water, water pump