Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 06:57 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2022 Anthem/Aspire stairs

While at the Tampa show yesterday, we noticed that the stairs were awkward to transition. The first riser was about 9”, the second about 11” and the remaining fixed stairs about 7”. The treads were also inconsistent. The stairs on our 16 never bothered us, the stairs on our 21, while flimsy, were not awkward in use. We watched several people coming down the stairs and when they got to the first metal step, they all paused and stepped down sidewards while holding on to the grab bar. Any 2022 owners have any problems with stair design, or is it just one of those things you get use to?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2022, 07:35 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Apparently this is a non-issue to Aspire and Anthem owners. Funny how things bug some and not others.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
After reading your post I went to the display coaches. Unfortunately it was cold and drizzle so I did not take a tape measure. Yes, the drop from last interior step to outside step is more than the other steps. But I did not think it was significantly more than on my ‘21 or ‘18. Given that steps and coach look the same as prior years I don’t know if it could be differerent. The rise on interior steps looks the same and is different from each other because of the space for the drawer and the sliding cover.
I always emphasize to newbie guests all the handholds available as they exit. And for some I exit first and stand ready to catch them.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:35 AM   #4

We just got s 22 Anthem and the step from the Kwikee steps to the coach is a little taller. It just gets a little getting used to .
bfridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:56 PM   #5

Took delivery on my '22 Anthem in Nov, and after couple months of full time use, it's STILL annoying. Being my 1st Class A, I just thought that was the norm. Looking into maybe padding that 2nd step a bit to raise it up, not sure yet. I always hold onto the rail while exiting due to that extra depth to save my knee.
Markie5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
As others have said, the first step down from the interior steps is slightly more than the second. On the other hand, our Aspire levels lower than most other Class A’s we’ve experienced, which means the last step down to the pavement isn’t as high (often requiring a step stool). We’ve gotten used to it for the most part, other than when there’s (allegedly) been alcohol involved. ��
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 06:39 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - It certainly is odd but you do get use to it. Sort of like the mirrors, it only takes a few hard hits and you learn.;>)

Tom
Old 03-13-2022, 06:23 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I noticed that at the Tampa Supershow ... strange.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, anthem