Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
2022 Anthem growing spurt

Hi - Some info on the 2022's are showing up on certain Entegra pages and the Anthem has grown from 44'11" to 45"5". Anyone know what that is about? Looks like the same end caps and floor plan. Maybe 6 inches for back ordered parts?

Also anyone have run dates for their orders? I am trying to get a sense of how long the wait will be.

Tom
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #2

My guess is that the second guy measuring doesn't know how to use a tape measure, or that he let it droop too much when measuring, or finally, the person typing up the list made a typing mistake. But then I'm guessing.. --

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:19 AM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

The length and floorplan haven’t changed so Gary you may be on to something.

Angie
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #4

Bigger question for 2022.
Are they finally moving the heated floor to electric heated floor in 2022 so it is actually useful?
In starting the research to upgrade we use the electric heated floors in the Reatta XL a LOT but moving to an 'upgraded' AH heated floor would mean they become a not usable item.

At least hearing the feedback here.
May mean a shift to Newmar for the upgrade I suppose.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:54 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Jeff - I know for a fact that the '22 Anthem heated floor is still off of the Aquahot. I agree that the electric pad would be a better option unless the electric at the campground is directly billed to you. The best option would be Oasis heated floors as the electric elements (2) would carry the floor at a campground and on the road the engine would keep them comfortable.

Gary - That must be the measuring device they use for DEF heads.

Still hoping to find out what the wait looks like for new orders. We had confirmation and an order number around July 5. Anyone else hearing back? We're trying to make holiday plans.

Tom
Old 08-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Calling the Aquahot floor heat not useful is fallacious. This appears to be being said by people who have never tried it. While it has some drawbacks, the Aquahot floor heat is actually very useful. Don’t believe otherwise.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #7

Certainly have no leg to stand on regarding it's usefulness or not but rather just parroting the words I have seen here. I think the consensus is the length of time needed to get any warmth and the running of the diesel burner.

My electric starts to get warm in 15 minutes with even coverage in under 2 hours. and I have seen a time window for full coverage heat at 8 hours for AH with warmth starting in 2. Again, no experience just recycling what I have seen here.

On the Oasis and the 2 electric elements. Nice to not have to run the burner but not sure that would help in time frame to inital warmth. Does it?
Old 08-09-2021, 01:01 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - Some info on the 2022's are showing up on certain Entegra pages and the Anthem has grown from 44'11" to 45"5". Anyone know what that is about? Looks like the same end caps and floor plan. Maybe 6 inches for back ordered parts?

Also anyone have run dates for their orders? I am trying to get a sense of how long the wait will be.

Tom

It may also depend upon what you count. Usually 45’ is the length cap. But that doesn’t include mirrors and ladders. But if you want to fit it inside a garage the mirrors and ladders certainly do count.

In my Ventana Newmar publishes 43’ 10”. I get that same thing when I count the mirror and ladders.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:57 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
Certainly have no leg to stand on regarding it's usefulness or not but rather just parroting the words I have seen here. I think the consensus is the length of time needed to get any warmth and the running of the diesel burner.

My electric starts to get warm in 15 minutes with even coverage in under 2 hours. and I have seen a time window for full coverage heat at 8 hours for AH with warmth starting in 2. Again, no experience just recycling what I have seen here.

On the Oasis and the 2 electric elements. Nice to not have to run the burner but not sure that would help in time frame to inital warmth. Does it?
Each system has its advantages and drawbacks. Yes, the Aquahot heated floor takes longer to heat up just plan accordingly. In some models heated floors can be used while driving down the road and all Aquahot floors can be used while away from shore power. Can’t say that about electric heated floors unless the generator is running.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Each system has its advantages and drawbacks. Yes, the Aquahot heated floor takes longer to heat up just plan accordingly. In some models heated floors can be used while driving down the road and all Aquahot floors can be used while away from shore power. Can’t say that about electric heated floors unless the generator is running.

Well said. Pros and cons to every decision.

What I am finding interesting is the preponderance of folks that do not use the heated floor based on the 'time to get warm' (their words not mine).

I am sure folks like yourself that, I would guess, boondock more (given the solar and batteries mentioned in your sig) find the diesel burner more useful and have learned to plan accordingly.

If I am honest with my usage patterns the pros of the quicker time to heat are more applicable as I do very little boondocking.

I would assume, given the generalized "I don't use" statements, there are a lot of folks with usage patterns similar to mine hence the reason for my observation that it may be a good move to shift the heated floor to electric.
In any case did not mean to hijack this thread just made an observation since Angie chimed in and I am sure NIRVC has the ear of Pat @ Entegra given the orders they complete.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #11

I have an older Aspire that does not have the diesel Aquahot (LP-375 for me) nor does it have the engine coolant loop that I understand comes as part of the diesel Anthem and Cornerstone models….maybe even in the newer Aspires? If I understand it correctly, you guys can heat the floors with just the engine coolant loop heat as you roll down the road right? I’d think with just a wee bit of planning the timeline to comfortable floor heat could easily become a non-issue.
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
I have an older Aspire that does not have the diesel Aquahot (LP-375 for me) nor does it have the engine coolant loop that I understand comes as part of the diesel Anthem and Cornerstone models….maybe even in the newer Aspires? If I understand it correctly, you guys can heat the floors with just the engine coolant loop heat as you roll down the road right? I’d think with just a wee bit of planning the timeline to comfortable floor heat could easily become a non-issue.

That usage model with the engine loop being directed to floor heat either in addition to in as an alternative to the AH heat exchangers would potentially be a game changer in the decision process.

I was on the understanding the engine loop went to the AH heat exchangers for heat while driving.
I would welcome some added details on the possibility of directing the engine loop on the AH450 or 600 to the floor loops
Old 08-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
That usage model with the engine loop being directed to floor heat either in addition to in as an alternative to the AH heat exchangers would potentially be a game changer in the decision process.

I was on the understanding the engine loop went to the AH heat exchangers for heat while driving.
I would welcome some added details on the possibility of directing the engine loop on the AH450 or 600 to the floor loops
I could be mistaken on this one....awaiting someone with the engine loop/diesel aquahot to weigh in.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #14

Ran a quick search on this forum and found the following info…….

“ Based on some of the posts I emailed Entegra CS to ask some questions about the Anthem/Cornerstone heating system to clarify (to me at least), how it all works. There were several emails so this is paraphrasing..

First, the engine water pump circulates hot coolant to the Aqua Hot anytime the motor runs and if you desire warm water to wash your hands or demand heat to the floor or a heater unit it will provide relatively warm heat. The manual says you must have the desired zone in "heat" to obtain the heat. Of course if it is really cold, the engine coolant can't do it all and either the diesel burner or the electric element running off the genny is required to heat the Aqua Hot enough. The overall summary is the engine coolant circulates into the Aqua Hot all the time.

Tags
anthem