Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2022, 04:36 PM   #15

I'm guessing Entegra will require the motorhome to be driven to an authorized service faculty on your dime.

I would go to Whirlpool website and get the toll free number for Customer Care. I've used Customer Care for both in warranty and out of warranty work and been very happy with respect to in home repair. I've not had experience with appliance service in an RV but it would be worth the free call to find out how much they want to support their RV installations. Please report back if this suggested is acted upon.
jaydee325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
The washer in my ReattaXL did the same after approximately 10 loads. Called Entegra, and they ďapprovedĒ a mobile Whirlpool repair at my storage location. The motherboard was defective. My out of pocket costs were zero. Not familiar with your floor plan, but our stacked washer/dryer is tucked in a corner, and the dryer had to be removed in order to remove the washer. I stayed out of his way, but the process took a day. Nothing I wanted to tackle myself. Bottom line: it was under warranty and I simply had an issue with buying a replacement brand on an expensive coach that wasnít even a year oldÖ
JR S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:32 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Go to your local appliance seller and buy a different product

I repaired my Whirlpool washer multiple times and spent more than its replacement cost on repairs before I finally gave up on it. I try to be a patient man but Whirlpool got the best of me. The final straw was the smoke and sparks when the bearing froze. A bearing by itself cannot be replaced. The tub has two sections and the rear one includes the bearing. In my zeal I hoped that this would fix my machine so I purchased a rear tub assembly and installed it. Before that I replaced both computer boards, both door switches, and a number of other parts. The Whirlpool is a beast to work on and my DW was not amused when I took the washer apart on our beautiful tiled floor. No damage occurred and I will not make that mistake again.

I replaced it with an Electrolux model EFLS210TIWOO. It fit right in it the washer compartment as it was only slightly larger than the Whirlpool. It has more features, cleans better, has a larger capacity, and is quieter. I should have purchased and installed it earlier.

My Whirlpool dryer still works and runs as if brand new. Go figure . . .

Whirlpool techs are not allowed to work on their products in an RV. This is written corporate policy. The only way they will work on their washers and other products is to remove them from your RV and take them outside. I have not yet figured out how to troubleshoot a washing machine in a parking lot. In the year plus I worked to keep my washer alive I found exactly one Whirlpool tech who would enter my RV and help me troubleshoot.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:02 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
relay 700 what was your outcome being under warranty? I am sure many, including myself, have an interest.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:46 AM   #19

Whirlpool customer service told me they had no one in our area available until August. They told me they would contact another department to find options and that this department would contact me. I cannot remember what department that this was being referred to, however, follow up calls seem to start the process over each time...
Several follow up calls from my end have produced nothing.
I have not heard from the other department.

I will try one or two more times and then will probably replace it. Local vendor has Miele in stock and will deliver and install for us...
Old 05-12-2022, 08:02 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by relay700 View Post
Whirlpool customer service told me they had no one in our area available until August. They told me they would contact another department to find options and that this department would contact me. I cannot remember what department that this was being referred to, however, follow up calls seem to start the process over each time...
Several follow up calls from my end have produced nothing.
I have not heard from the other department.

I will try one or two more times and then will probably replace it. Local vendor has Miele in stock and will deliver and install for us...
Wow! What part of the country do you live that there in no service from Whirlpool? I guess that is one advantage of living in a high RV tourist area. Is Entegra able to do anything?

Thanks for the update
Old 05-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Wow! What part of the country do you live that there in no service from Whirlpool? I guess that is one advantage of living in a high RV tourist area. Is Entegra able to do anything?

Thanks for the update
We live just north of Boston Massachusetts. Not exactly the middle of nowhere. I just assumed they were booked out for months based on what customer service said to me.. At least that was the impression I had during the call. Now that you say this, I wonder if maybe they don't have techs in the area???
Old 05-12-2022, 12:23 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
We live just north of Boston Massachusetts. Not exactly the middle of nowhere. I just assumed they were booked out for months based on what customer service said to me.. At least that was the impression I had during the call. Now that you say this, I wonder if maybe they don't have techs in the area???
When I called Whirlpool CS, they sent a service from Punta Gorda FL just north of where I store the MH. Where I store the MH is in county outside of the city limits and they sent a service tech out there.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:59 AM   #23

I just received this email from Whirlpool Resource Team.
It seems like I will have to find a service tech....
Not sure how I can find a qualified Whirlpool tech that can diagnose a Whirlpool washer....

Thank you for contacting Whirlpool. We appreciate hearing from you.
We apologize for the delay in locating service. You are welcome to contact the service company of your choice. We ask that you pay the service technician for the labor and send in the invoice for up to $150 reimbursement for any functional failure. Please send the invoice to Resource@Whirlpool.com or fax to 877-231-8584 for review. Additionally, please add the following reference number on the receipt (SR# xxxxxxxx), along with your name, phone number, and the model and the serial number of the appliance.
We are also going to cover the cost of the part(s). We do ask that you call our Customer eXperience Center toll free at 1-800-253-1301 anytime Monday & Tuesday 8 AM - 8 PM and Wednesday through Friday 9 AM - 7 PM, with the part number(s) needed for the repair. Upon receipt of your phone call with the requested information, we will send you the part(s) needed at no charge. Once your service invoice is reviewed, your reimbursement will be processed.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact customer support at the number above. Please do not reply to this message as it does not return to the original sender.
Thank you,
Whirlpool Resource Team
Old 05-13-2022, 09:57 AM   #24

I'd start dialing anyone and anywhere.

I gotta believe that there is a qualified mobile service tech somewhere in the Boston area that is not making as much money as he/she would like to make, and would be happy to make the call.

An idea is that you might try an RV mobile service tech (or a bunch of them) in your area who probably cannot do the service, but would know people that they call if they need a consult or repair for one of their customers.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:11 AM   #25

I called a dozen local mom and pop shops and major chains and as soon as I said Whirlpool compact size, they immediately said they will not service these units. Never even got to the RV part of the question.

These are all authorized Whirlpool service centers and many had service availability next week. The issue appears to be that they simply wont work on the Whirlpool compact size units and all said for the same reason, reliability.

I understand it is not Entegras fault but its hard not to direct some frustration toward them given the apparent known reliability issues of these units and their continued choice to use these.

There are 3 mobile techs around here and none of them will work on appliances.

I just ordered a new unit from a local store that will at least deliver it and attempt to install it.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:59 AM   #26

I just called Jayco's customer service line again and told them the situation. They got on a call with Whirlpool and myself.
We were told Whirlpool is escalating the problem to the Whirlpool Review Board and that we should expect a call back 48-72 hours.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:52 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I just called Jayco's customer service line again and told them the situation. They got on a call with Whirlpool and myself.
We were told Whirlpool is escalating the problem to the Whirlpool Review Board and that we should expect a call back 48-72 hours.
Get Joyce Skinner at Entegra CS involved. If anybody can make it happen, she can.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:41 PM   #28

It's been a couple years since Whirlpool finally replaced our washer and the replacement has been working well. Hope I didn't just jinks myself. It was painful to get to the point of replacement with Whirlpool. I had to replace boards several times and finally convinced Whirlpool to replace the washer. If you persist I am sure you will get fair treatment.

Biggest issue is getting the old machine out and the replacement moved in and installed. Entegra took care of the service guy who finally replaced ours. He was able to carry the appliances in and out by himself. Didn't think it possible. But he did it. We were in Breckenridge Colorado at the time.
petegass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, anthem, entegra, replace