Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2022, 08:08 AM   #1

2022 Entegra Odyssey, 30Z, slide out control location

Looking for the location of the slide out control unit on this coach, unit has 2 slides, don't know if they are different make slide units or if they are both run from the same control. Dealer does not know where the control is located, I would like to know where on the coach it, or they are located as I am told there are emergency override buttons on them in the event a slide will not move. I have looked inside every outside compartment and under the coach and have not found anything. Service tech at the dealer said he was not sure where " they put it on this coach, it's in a different place on every coach".
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2022, 08:19 AM   #2

Not your brand but I found the rear controller in the outside storage compartment and another behind the control panel. False wall in kitchen cabinet.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:52 AM   #3
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Bedroom controller should be under the front section of the bed. You have to remove the cover to ďstartĒ at the foot of the bed and itís in there. The front slide room controller should be mounted to the ceiling under the slide room in the bay.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:48 PM   #4

So you are saying to get to the rear control I have to pull the mattress off and remove the wood cover and it's in there?, Not too easy to access.
Front is mounted inside an outside storage bay on the ceiling?. I looked inside every compartment, will have to look again. I did see the controller in an outside compartment on another brand of motorhome when we were shopping.
Just would like to know where they are in the event I need to get at them.

Anyone know how to manually move in an electric slide by releasing the motor?. I know on another unit I had there was a cross shaft with a slip collar that could easily be released, there is nothing like that on this unit. I can't even see any of the motors, I believe each slide has 2 motors.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:22 AM   #5

Prepare yourself for what you'll find under there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert Slide controller.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	364171   Click image for larger version

Name:	RO Install - 06 (Bed Cabinet Looking Forward).jpg
Views:	8
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	364172  

K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:34 PM   #6

Being a retired industrial electrician, that pic of yours scares me ��.
My unit has (2) slides, one on the pass side, and one going out the rear of the coach, probably have separate controllers for each.
It's at the dealer now for some service work, I am picking it up tomorrow and will start looking around.
Thanks for the info, control is probably in a different location on my model 30Z.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:30 AM   #7

I'm a retired electrical engineer with much of my career in hydro power plant control and automation and it scared me, too!!! My efforts to date to document what's under there have been significant, but I've only scratched the surface!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:29 AM   #8

Found my rear slide controller, it's not under the bed. Pulled the bottom drawer out under the wardrobe closet and it...and a bunch of not neatly run wires are in there. Still looking for the front slide controller. Dealer said they are in different places by model.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:26 AM   #9

Front slide controller was mounted upside down on the roof of the electrical compartment behind a 120 outlet and cable jack!. Looks different from the rear control, does not have any indicator lights or any info about over riding it. Not sure if this slide has any built in "overide" ability.

Tags
cat, entegra, location, slide, slide out