Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2021, 11:51 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2022 New Navigation System Question?

Since the lack of updates have come up recently on the Rand McNally GPS's. How is the new IGO Primo Navigation system on the 22's working? Those with previous Rand McNally's how do they compare? With wifi updates, the maps would have to be constantly up to dated. How does it compare to Google Map programs?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2021, 05:18 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I guess there are not enough 22's delivered yet for anyone to share. It will be interesting to hear about the new system since Entegra has changed from Rand McNally and many here are not using RM as a stand alone GPS anymore.

I does sound like an interesting system. https://www.igonavigation.com/
The app is showing live travel conditions much like Google Maps and Waze, curious if that feature is in the new dash mounted units installed in the Entegras.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:13 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I’ve got a1][/LIST]2022 Ventana with the new NavNGo system. I understand iGo Primo is the same system built by NNG. My only experience so far was driving it the 500k home from the dealer, but I can share my first impressions…

- warnings are a lot less intrusive in that they don’t repeatedly announce things like the rand did.

- visually, it’s better looking in terms of maps

- it was pretty easy to set up length, weight, etc.

- routing seemed okay, but it did take me on a couple secondary roads instead of keeping me on main highways (could just be a preference setting)

- it didn’t crash. Lol. My rand crashed a lot.

Issues:

- the only issue I had was ota updates. When I got home, I couldn’t find the wifi option to connect to my network. Lots of Newgle time later, I found a doc that instructed me to pull the radio and verify the wifi dongle was plugged into a rear USB port on the xsg4na. I had no dongle. Newmar shipped me one, in plugged it in and the wifi setting appeared. After that, the ota update worked, but it’s a bit slow. 2.7 gigs took an hour on a network that gets 400mbs on my iPhone. Plus, during the update, an android process quit 3 times so I had to refresh the update to keep going. All in all, better than the rand experience, but still some bugs.
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:14 AM   #4

I use google maps so the only thing I use it for is speed limits which seems to default to 70 when it’s not certain……
Old 04-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #5

2022 NavNGo in KSDP

[Issues:

- the only issue I had was ota updates. When I got home, I couldn’t find the wifi option to connect to my network. Lots of Newgle time later, I found a doc that instructed me to pull the radio and verify the wifi dongle was plugged into a rear USB port on the xsg4na. I had no dongle. Newmar shipped me one, in plugged it in and the wifi setting appeared. After that, the ota update worked, but it’s a bit slow. 2.7 gigs took an hour on a network that gets 400mbs on my iPhone. Plus, during the update, an android process quit 3 times so I had to refresh the update to keep going. All in all, better than the rand experience, but still some bugs.[/QUOTE]

Just took delivery of 2022 Newmar KSDP March 28. We haven't used the NavNGo yet, but will in June when we drive rig from Fl to Upstate NY. The guy conducting the PDI sure did NOT know how to use the system, when I wanted to see for myself that the dealer entered my rigs specs correctly. Any way, just like you, I had to "find out" through my own investigation that a dongle is required for updates (Riverpark the Nav's distributor said they do not know why Newmar does not include the dongle in the Rig). Newmar told me I'd have to buy it from their product store for $71 Do they need $71 that bad???
Did they send you one at no charge? If so, I expect the same
Montezoomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
You should definitely tell them you want it for free. I told them I considered it a warranty issue as the receiver was not capable of doing the OTA updates that were advertised and the newgle document doesn’t mention purchase. They sent it for free.
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #7

They agreed to send it free “as a courtesy.” I’m
Glad I got the tip here.Thanks! I told them it should be part of the equipment not something I have to be surprised about later and have to purchase!
Old 05-04-2022, 06:26 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezoomas View Post
They agreed to send it free “as a courtesy.” I’m
Glad I got the tip here.Thanks! I told them it should be part of the equipment not something I have to be surprised about later and have to purchase!
It shouldn't be. I saw on one of the Entegra brochures that listed the new Nav system with free 3 years of updates. Might check if Newmar states the same if they are also purchasing from Firefly.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:09 AM   #9

Sadly, I have heard or experienced stories / situations just like this with all of my new coaches. Things are introduced that no one is prepared to understand and it is up to new owners to begin the process of figuring it all out themselves, and then through forums such as iRV2, begin the process of educating other purchasers and other techs from the companies that are dealers of the product to begin to learn how some of these systems work. Over and over, we are confronted with the same situation.... manufacturers seemingly make snap decisions on products to be included in new coaches, do a very poor job of informing and educating their dealers of these changes and ensuring that owners are given all that they need to deal with these changes, and then 6 months to a year pass while everyone tries to figure out how to deal with the changes and use these new products.

I've never seen anything like it in other industries, anywhere as bad as in the RV industry.

There has to be a reason, but it just happens again and again continuously.

I just dont understand how this seems to pervade the entire industry. The kind of money involved in any of these purchases would seem to justify much more care and time from manufacturers, and it seems like it never happens.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Sadly, I have heard or experienced stories / situations just like this with all of my new coaches. Things are introduced that no one is prepared to understand and it is up to new owners to begin the process of figuring it all out themselves, and then through forums such as iRV2, begin the process of educating other purchasers and other techs from the companies that are dealers of the product to begin to learn how some of these systems work. Over and over, we are confronted with the same situation.... manufacturers seemingly make snap decisions on products to be included in new coaches, do a very poor job of informing and educating their dealers of these changes and ensuring that owners are given all that they need to deal with these changes, and then 6 months to a year pass while everyone tries to figure out how to deal with the changes and use these new products.

I've never seen anything like it in other industries, anywhere as bad as in the RV industry.

There has to be a reason, but it just happens again and again continuously.

I just dont understand how this seems to pervade the entire industry. The kind of money involved in any of these purchases would seem to justify much more care and time from manufacturers, and it seems like it never happens.

Gary

While I agree with the observation, to me the root of the problem could be attributed to a manufacturer rep that is not in their dealers enough or providing a regular cadence of training for the dealers, both on the sales and tech sides within the dealers. Seems to me they could get on a regular cadence of remote training for their dealers with occasional visits that include more formal sessions and record the remote sessions for viewing by 'new' or staff that can't participate live.

Understanding, of course, that process would require active participation by dealer staff and as we know that would be haphazard at best and better at better dealers.

Training internally to the CS staff of the manufacture is another story altogether.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It shouldn't be. I saw on one of the Entegra brochures that listed the new Nav system with free 3 years of updates. Might check if Newmar states the same if they are also purchasing from Firefly.
Yes, Newmar states the same 3 year free updates. But they don’t say you have to buy dongle to enable Wi-Fi access. We can’t make sense out of nonsense. They just want to have another thing to sell even if it’s something that a reasonable person would assume is already included.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:55 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezoomas View Post
Yes, Newmar states the same 3 year free updates. But they don’t say you have to buy dongle to enable Wi-Fi access. We can’t make sense out of nonsense. They just want to have another thing to sell even if it’s something that a reasonable person would assume is already included.
That does not make any sense to remove an OEM part to sell it back to the customer. Newmar purchasers might have to add that to the PDI list and do the first update while at the dealer. That would get the dealer involved that the Nav system doesn't work as advertised. I hope they don't think of doing that with toilet flush handles.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_J View Post
I’ve got a1][/LIST]2022 Ventana with the new NavNGo system. I understand iGo Primo is the same system built by NNG. My only experience so far was driving it the 500k home from the dealer, but I can share my first impressions…

Issues:

- the only issue I had was ota updates. When I got home, I couldn’t find the wifi option to connect to my network. Lots of Newgle time later, I found a doc that instructed me to pull the radio and verify the wifi dongle was plugged into a rear USB port on the xsg4na. I had no dongle. Newmar shipped me one, in plugged it in and the wifi setting appeared. After that, the ota update worked, but it’s a bit slow. 2.7 gigs took an hour on a network that gets 400mbs on my iPhone. Plus, during the update, an android process quit 3 times so I had to refresh the update to keep going. All in all, better than the rand experience, but still some bugs.
Mighty J.

I fear that I have that same problem. I just took delivery of a new Bay Star with the NavNgo system. I could not find any way to connect the system to WiFi even though the manual (I didn't get a manual, but I got one on line and it shows a wifi setup icon in the system setup menu) shows a provision to set up a wifi connection. I then found a small thread on this forum that pointed me to a 3 page article on Newgle which indicated that there may be a missing dongle on our systems. Since you had this problem, did the lack of a dongle keep that setting from appearing in your setup menus?

Assuming that is the case, you mentioned an article that instructed you to pull the radio and look for a dongle. Did it explain how to pull the radio? Mine is set into the dash with no obvious way to remove it. Can you either point me to the article that explains this or tell me how you did it?

Thanks,
<TED>
Old 08-02-2022, 07:05 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Sure sorry to hear that Newmar has turned the new Nav System into a profit center, what a shame. Take delivery of a new coach that the Nav system doesn't work unless the installer is paid for the privlidge. of using it.
Not much has been posted about the operation of the system, more complaints about Newmar dongles not being included.