Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-01-2023, 03:49 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 31
2023 Anthem CCI (Center Console) Update

Just got, downloaded and successfully installed the CCI 0.5.2 console update.

1) Downloaded the ZIP File from the Valid link provided in the PDF send my Entegra support.
2) Unzipped the files onto a clean / empty USB drive (NOTE: mine has the little light which tells you it's doing something)
3) Turn on Accessory, plug in drive, be patient while it blinks...
4) Big screen message.. UNPLUG USB
5) Be patient again. Then it reboots

NOTE: It now gives you a network option in the Setting. I also updated some of the items on the list through the Coach internet.

Will see if it fixes the Camera and/or GPS issues. My version as delivered was at 0.4.5 so I have hopes...
jeffholste is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2023, 06:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jimjensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lake Havasu, Az
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffholste View Post
Just got, downloaded and successfully installed the CCI 0.5.2 console update.

1) Downloaded the ZIP File from the Valid link provided in the PDF send my Entegra support.
2) Unzipped the files onto a clean / empty USB drive (NOTE: mine has the little light which tells you it's doing something)
3) Turn on Accessory, plug in drive, be patient while it blinks...
4) Big screen message.. UNPLUG USB
5) Be patient again. Then it reboots

NOTE: It now gives you a network option in the Setting. I also updated some of the items on the list through the Coach internet.

Will see if it fixes the Camera and/or GPS issues. My version as delivered was at 0.4.5 so I have hopes...
Good to hear everything went well, Iíll be doing mine this weekend.
JimJ
__________________
Jim and Alice
2023 CS 45D
2016 Anthem 44B with HWH Active Air for sale
Jimjensen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:41 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 26
Thanks for post on update. We got email on that today.

Quick question - what kind of GPS issues are you having? We have a 23 Anthem D picked up in November 2022. Our GPS does not provide voice instructions, views of upcoming intersection and interchanges to allow planning for lane selection, and has really odd travel times and destination arrival times. Wondered if these are similar to issues you observed?

We also had some issues with green screens or no signal from the cameras. NIRVC in Nashville (where we bought Coach) reloaded the camera software and seemed to resolve the camera issues. I have to say I really like the 360 camera views and blind spot monitoring. Big improvement from our prior Coach.

Thanks!
Papa Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 05:34 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 31
To Papa Brad: Yes to exact same (Sygic) GPS issues. Yes to I have the camera issues. (Good to know about NIRVC "reloading" the software) Yes to I LOVE the 360 radars and views. Even when the cameras go out, the radar is working. Still use my mirrors and double double check all clear before moving.
jeffholste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 06:49 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 26
Jeff, thanks for update. We are taking the coach on a trip this weekend. I’ll update next week on whether software reload kept cameras working entire time.

I won’t do the CCI update till next week due to schedule, so won’t know how it impacts the functionality or if it resolves any GPS issues.

Have you been able to connect your Vega Touch to WiFi? Can’t get ours to recognize the WiFi we have in our storage building.

Agree on checking mirrors. Old fashioned me checks mirrors first and confirms with screens. Tough for old dogs to learn new tricks.
__________________
2023 Entegra Anthem 44D
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Toad
Papa Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 07:14 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,113
Blog Entries: 1
Nice to see these 20232 owners posting stuff I know NOTHING about. Congrats guys!!

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:15 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 31
Papa Brad: VegaTouch. Skinny answer: Yes it is connected to the Internet.

Long Answer. Technically, I believe the VT is connected to the SPRUCE router by cable. That said, I connected my SPRUCE to the local Wifi (My garage at home, the Tucson KOA here) and then it sees the cloud. ONLY THEN, did it let me load and use the VegaTouch App (really, $15 google download...?) and I can control the coach (lights, Awnings) when I attach my phone to the COACH Wifi.

NOTE: This is how the CCI appears to be connect to the Internet to do MAP and Software updates after this latest update.

I don't see the need to control my coach from remote so I probably wont spend for the FireFly cloud service.

Be advised: When you ask me the Time, I will tell you how to build a clock... This is my "Quick" reply.
~JH
jeffholste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 29,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Brad View Post
Have you been able to connect your Vega Touch to WiFi? Canít get ours to recognize the WiFi we have in our storage building.
.
Here is the Entegra Factory video on how to connect your Vega Touch to the router, then the internet.

__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
RVFunlovers's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,190
All this cool talk of updating a 23 coach makes me almost want a 23….. But not quite. Maybe a 24 or 25…..

On the router to the internet connection some people have better success connecting to a 2.4 GHz only wifi network and not a wifi network that uses 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. (Really 5.15Ghz to 5.85 GHz). Many guest networks are 2.4Ghz only. If you have that as an option from your wifi source you might try using that.
__________________
Hal and Pam
2022 Entegra Cornerstone W
2020 Ford Edge ST
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:00 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffholste View Post
Papa Brad: VegaTouch. Skinny answer: Yes it is connected to the Internet.

Long Answer. Technically, I believe the VT is connected to the SPRUCE router by cable. That said, I connected my SPRUCE to the local Wifi (My garage at home, the Tucson KOA here) and then it sees the cloud. ONLY THEN, did it let me load and use the VegaTouch App (really, $15 google download...?) and I can control the coach (lights, Awnings) when I attach my phone to the COACH Wifi.

NOTE: This is how the CCI appears to be connect to the Internet to do MAP and Software updates after this latest update.

I don't see the need to control my coach from remote so I probably wont spend for the FireFly cloud service.

Be advised: When you ask me the Time, I will tell you how to build a clock... This is my "Quick" reply.
~JH
Hey Jeff

Just got back from a trip to Atlanta in the Anthem. Good news - cameras and blind spot detection worked great and no hiccups in about 700 mile round trip. Was very useful in Atlanta traffic this morning.

Still have same GPS bugs. Plus system went blank a couple times for a moment then restarted. For some reason the GPS switched to Metric units in Georgia and I could not get it to change back until crossed line into Tennessee. Weird. There is even a short section of I24 near Chattanooga that is in TN, dips into Georgia for a few miles, then comes back to TN. GPS units switched to metric during that few mile stretch in GA. Really odd.

Will do the CCI software update Wednesday. Other stuff to do tomorrow. We will take Coach to St Louis area Presidentís Day weekend so will be able to see if update helps GPS. Will post what I find.

Brad
__________________
2023 Entegra Anthem 44D
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Toad
Papa Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:09 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 31
Nice!
jeffholste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:15 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 29,581
Sorry to hear the 23's GPS's are marketing tool for Garmin. More reasons for owners to continue to push for Android Auto and Apply Care Play instead of Hungarian GPS systems.

Those 23 owners that have Samsung Android phones, "Smart View" in the pull down menu, allows you to instantly mirror Waze or Google Maps on the overhead TV. iPhone owners will have to Google how to mirror to the overhead.
Wyze on the overhead TV is now my main navigation choice, with the Rand McNally as the backup. I trust it with live traffic going through Atlanta more than my current RM GPS. My RM had a real problem going through Louisville on the way to Entegra, in Aug so I have retired it to backup.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:43 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Brad View Post
Hey Jeff

Just got back from a trip to Atlanta in the Anthem. Good news - cameras and blind spot detection worked great and no hiccups in about 700 mile round trip. Was very useful in Atlanta traffic this morning.

Still have same GPS bugs. Plus system went blank a couple times for a moment then restarted. For some reason the GPS switched to Metric units in Georgia and I could not get it to change back until crossed line into Tennessee. Weird. There is even a short section of I24 near Chattanooga that is in TN, dips into Georgia for a few miles, then comes back to TN. GPS units switched to metric during that few mile stretch in GA. Really odd.

Will do the CCI software update Wednesday. Other stuff to do tomorrow. We will take Coach to St Louis area Presidentís Day weekend so will be able to see if update helps GPS. Will post what I find.

Brad
That Foreign GPS system must have thought you had entered that foreign country called The Republic of Georgia instead of the good ole Peach State!! LOL
T_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:26 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 31
Started new Sygic GPS Thread

Got a reply from Sygic support, started a new thread just for GPS, -> Sygic GPS - 2023 Anthem
jeffholste is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anthem



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thor 31W 2023 :: 2023 Thor Four Winds 31W wanderlust99 iRV2 Owners Registry 0 11-02-2022 05:56 AM
CCI Controls Propane Detector Model 7719 Sundancer268 MH-General Discussions & Problems 8 01-22-2010 06:52 PM
cci east coast party gla Country Coach Owners Forum 0 10-31-2009 12:18 PM
CCI 7719 LP detector replacement wirelessenab MH-General Discussions & Problems 3 05-15-2009 09:16 PM
CCI Controls still in business? Catpowered Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 8 10-26-2008 02:07 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.