Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2022, 04:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Nice, and they put a right handed cup holder in yours.
Which I use pretty much every time I'm behind the wheel!

I suppose I could get used to a cup holder on the left side, but it would definitely be different...
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2022, 05:02 PM   #16

The list of all the new changes I don't want or like gets longer and makes it so much easier to keep what we have especially without vega touch !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:19 PM   #17

Overall, I like the cleaner look, but the monitor would be nicer if it “sat” down and back a bit.
If they did that, Chuck would have what he wants[emoji3]
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:46 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Which I use pretty much every time I'm behind the wheel!

I suppose I could get used to a cup holder on the left side, but it would definitely be different...
As a good friend of mine once said, "I am too old to learn to play the piano in Spanish at 70 years old". I think this is one of those times that would fit. . Not something I would enjoy "learning" to do.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:19 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

I only use the cupholder on the left and have been doing that for years. The ones on my right I can't use unless I want German Shepherd slobber on them.

As to the new dash - it is different. Styling is always subjective so I won't comment on that. But it is quite functional. The desire was to create a new dash that improved visibility and encompassed all of the bells and whistles that are present in the latest coaches. The vision is vastly improved so you don't have to look down when viewing the various screens and controls. If you scan your eyes from the driver's side mirror and bring it to the left you'll see the instrument panel. Keep going and you'll see the larger screen in the center stack. Keep going and you'll see the right sider mirror. Everything is right in a single horizontal line of sight which allows you to keep your focus out front instead of hunting around with your vision. So it is a safety improvement.

The new dash HVAC system is a big step up as well. The original dash HVAC was marginal at best and the defroster ducts never directed air to the corners of the windshield, which let them fog up or ice up, obscuring the mirrors. The new dash HVAC has more BTU for both heat and dash air (which is sorely needed) and a better duct arrangement. No more corrugated hoses to handle the airflow. Everything is now a smooth molded automotive style duct system that passes more CFM and the new defroster vents are numerous and placed all along the base of the windshield which should keep the windshield clean when travelling in cooler weather.

As always, there are some nice improvements to each model year and also some changes that go backwards. I don't like it that the quartz counters are gone is one example. But the new front suspension is an improvement and the A/C ducts have been moved inboard so that the slides don't block them when traveling. Many of the features are now controlled by menu driven touch screens for the dash and center stack so that there isn't that much to do on the driver's left side console. Technically that helps you keep your eyes on the road but I feel that is countered by the fact that you now have to deal with menus to navigate through those controls so instead of looking at the side console you now get to start at the menus on the dash or center stack. That's assuming that the VegaTouch system hasn't gone down and locked you out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cornerstone-08x.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	377494  
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:56 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The more time I spent in a 23 coach looking at the dash the more it grew on me. Kind of like the paint job on the 22’s. The dash looks so different it takes some getting used to. I still do not like it more from looks but I am neutral with it. At first I did not like it.

Digital menus instead of actual knobs or switches I am neutral on as well.

Better front axel and better heat and air up front are a big plus. Moving the coach air vents in, the hidden area behind the fireplace, etc…. Nice adds as well.

That is not enough to make me go through the upgrade process again. It has been to painful. I have had so many issues with to long of a list of things that need addressing.

I am still at they what is going to break on this trip phase. Not is something going to break.

The main upgrade I want on a new coach of whatever model year is to be to be built well and not have so many problems in the first year or two. I am not holding my breath for that upgrade.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:08 PM   #21

For many of us, the first 2 years of a new coach are one problem and fix after another. And you are right, the idea of going through that process again is weighing heavily with me.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by danford50 View Post
waiting to see a video of the cornerstone i want to see what the new dash look like , i throught by now nirvc would have posted one by now. Has anyone seen a video of the new cornerstone?
I saw the new dash on the Entegra Factory tour at the end of July. I'm not ready to trade, but wish, just a tiny bit, that we had waited for the '23s. It is a much nicer layout than my existing '22 dash!
dives2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
People look at the "pretty", but do not realize there is no longer cup holders for right handed people. The catch all tray for keys, etc is gone. All the paddles on the wheel are nice if you remember where they all are between trips. Some people will like the clean new look, but I still want a right hand cup holder, I use that a lot.
No cup holder? That's gunna suck.
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:09 AM   #24

Did we not ALL learn to drive with a stick shift? We should therefore be good using the left hand for other things now with the practice we had then. Like riding a bike, should be pretty easy to pick back up.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Back in the day it was left hand on the wheel and right hand on the Hurst shifter. That was before the automakers got into the "Cupholder Wars".
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video