Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2023, 08:11 AM   #1

2023 Entegra Anthem 44W - Owner Tale

Ok, here is a real user story of owning and operating a 2023 Entegra Anthem (44W if it matters).

1) Just purchased from Las Vegas NIRVC. As I am contemptuous of RV Dealers, it is high praise to say that was the best delivery experience so far. I would buy from them again.

2) As expected, when you order what you want from the Factory, they like to ding you with a little higher price at the first of the year. $10K more than you got quoted in the fall. Not unexpected, but not a pleasant surprise. Order to Delivery (blizzards and PDI) 16 weeks.

3) Overall, it was in perfect condition, A+ on condition.

notable exception being the software in the Console (Cameras and Radar). MAJOR FAIL. Driving a watching the cameras go in and out, then getting a DIAGNOSTIC MENU when almost home. (Enterga Support Requires a manually loaded software update. Will followup. When it was working it was AWESOME, but since that was 50% of the time. REBOOT COACH TO FIX. Yes, shut up and reboot. FAIL.

4) Because it was winter, Aquahot struggled staying lit traveling home. Works fine when stationary. I am sure that is easy fix, if you find the right guy (and wait long enough). I love Aquahot, when works as advertised.

5) Called Entegra support 3 times now, they are only there during business hours, M-F so you need to plan for things to break only during business hours. BUT they always have an answer for you, even if it isn't what you want to hear. Overall, one of the reasons I returned to Entgra, even if they aren't perfect.

6) Vega (Fire-fly). The little alarm notification is annoying, you can only silence ALL or nothing. BUT it is pretty cool, I would give it an A-.

Alright, enough of MY opinion. I very curious about experience of any other 2023 owners (Anthem or Cornerstone, does the Aspire have the new Dash?)

p.s. Sygic GPS software. Yuck. Super touchy, made in eastern europe or something. Couldn't find my house on map?!? Anyway, may be a training issue, but I REALLY miss the Rand McNally. AT LEAST Let me load Android Auto or something. I will try to learn it better, but horrible 1st impression.
jeffholste is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2023, 08:46 AM   #2

Sadly .................. This is typical first year of new coach equipment design/use! Since they seem to be changing significant systems every couple of years, this means that at least half of new owners have significant problems, and even their dealers are having to learn a whole new group of problem resolutions for coaches they have never dealt with before.

Nothing changes, only the types of problems.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:00 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation on the 23 and a great delivery,
A few of us have been saying for years, why not Android Auto or Apple Car Play? My toad this year is coming out with an 11 inch Google dash. What is so hard that the MH industry has to go to Hungary for a navigation system that may or may not work? Google is proven over and over for years. I run Waze on the overhead TV as my main navigation, it's always up to date and I don't have to download anything.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:36 AM   #4

Exactly!
Old 01-23-2023, 09:38 AM   #5

Not our 1st rodeo. Tried not to set expectations too high and knew what I was in for. Still, would rather have an RV than Not! Overall Entegra FAN, but wouldn't get into a fight over it.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:00 PM   #6

Vega Followup - Got Water Alarm only muted.

Got my answer for #6 above from Firefly using the contact form on their website. https://www.fireflyint.com/contact.html#form. The answer was the extra menu icon in the top right of the Message List to display the individual alarms to mute/enable. Latest online manual -> https://vegatouch.com/assets/0001170...anual-2022.pdf
Old 01-23-2023, 04:13 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations on the new Anthem and welcome to the forum.
Berryfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 04:48 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congratulations on the new coach and on a good delivery.
I agree with you the NIRVC is the best dealer choice.
We had a great delivery from them as well.

The first year has been bumpy for us but NIRVC, Entegra, and Spartan have done well with the fixes.

Thanks for sharing the Vegatouch individual alarm silence method. I am constantly on that Vegatouch but I still learned something new.

We went from a B to a W. I like the B a little more because the space around the kitchen table is bigger. But we like the W as well. We especially like the fireplace, wine fridge, and coffee bar counter option in the W.

We totally agree on all RV GPS systems being weak. We just have learned to use Google, Waze, and RV Life. Our vehicles all have apple car play and it works great.

Happy Travels
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:37 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
It looks like Newmar finally added Android Auto and Apple Car Play in the 23's. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/202...ml#post6170256
But a very price option. Crazy the RV market is so far behind. But wasted no time on the price increases.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:41 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been able to contact Entegra Customer after hours and on weekends for significant problems.
I’m surprise VegaTouch has changed so you can’t silence individual alarms.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:40 AM   #11

It was my mistake (training issue), I posted a follow up with an answer above. It isn't clear by reading the docs, but Firefly online support helped me. Issue Resolved.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Congratulation on the 23 and a great delivery,
A few of us have been saying for years, why not Android Auto or Apple Car Play? My toad this year is coming out with an 11 inch Google dash. What is so hard that the MH industry has to go to Hungary for a navigation system that may or may not work? Google is proven over and over for years. I run Waze on the overhead TV as my main navigation, it's always up to date and I don't have to download anything.
It is right up there with the big todo they make over soft-close drawers like it is new and a big deal. IKEA cabinets have been soft close for at least 15yrs. I am not impressed when RV people make a big deal out of this and electronics are in the same boat.
rlc1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:09 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
2023 Cornerstone D

Jeff, I can echo many of the same issues you brought up. This is our 3rd Entegra and surprisingly it's had the least amount of problem!

However, the Electonics and GPS needs some work. Tech support has been great and I have used the "after hours" number a few times. Jeff, if you don't have it, request it.
CaptainT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, entegra