Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2023, 09:44 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post
I forgot to mention something very important in my previous post yesterday about my 2023 Entegra Reatta XL nightmare.

I am 5'9 and it is impossible for me to adjust the steering wheel where I can see the whole dash and be comfortable to drive. This is even with adjustable pedals. I can only see half of the dash. So, important information like the tire pressure monitoring cannot be seen. I am constantly leaning forward to see the whole dash. I think this is a real safety issue. The steering needs to able to click down one more click and or capable of moving forward another inch.

I have spoken to Spartan about the steering wheel and they said there are not additional adjustments that can be made.
If your dash is not adjustable up and down, a nice seat cushion can be purchase at Walmart. My 14 had terribley uncomfortable seats, felt like I was sitting on the floor. I purchased the perfect cushion at Walmart on my way home from Entegra. It was higher in the back than in the front, almost a wedge shape. After I decided I was going to keep the coach, the seat foam was replaced, made all the difference in the world.

I never drove my coach much before sending it back to Entegra, so I didn't know how bad the seats were until driving home, or that would have been addressed at Entegra by Flexsteel. You will not believe the problems your are mentioning that can be taken care of at the factory. Building a seat up is a 1/2 day job for them.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2023, 03:49 PM   #16

It's a Thor product.nothing else to say
Old 01-08-2023, 04:12 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler52 View Post
It's a Thor product.nothing else to say
It's not a Thor product, Entegra is owned by Thor. They have nothing to do with building the coaches. Big difference.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 01-08-2023, 04:13 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the warning about Entegra

We are looking for a smaller RV, maybe a class C. Entegra and Tiffin are two I’ve been looking at as I begin to gather information. This post speaks volumes as to Entegra quality. After having a Newmar Ventana, I think we may be going back to tent camping with our Jeep!

We also experienced an RV dealer (Holiday World Houston) that sounds about as awful as your experience with General.

I’m so sorry for your awful experience- this is supposed to be fun…
Old 01-08-2023, 04:35 PM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with a new vehicle. Those kinda things just shouldn’t happen. Wouldn’t it be nice if there were new coaches made by Honda, Toyota, Nissan or Kia? Built with pride and backed by a great warranty.

As to your driver’s view problem, ever check with an automotive upholstery shop and see if they could modify the seat for you?
Old 01-08-2023, 05:07 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I'm so sorry for your experience. We have a 2021 Reatta and have a few issues but Entegra and Spartan have been very good to deal with. I would highly recommend taking the coach to Spartan in Charlotte and Entegra in Middlebury to have them go through it and make things right. Our dealer experiences aren't great either....our walkthrough was the same as yours. We knew more about the coach from the internet than the poor technician at the dealer. Best of luck to you.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:08 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Problems

Your sharing seems to be threefold. 1: the dealer you purchased from obviously is not top rated and basically did a one time deal with you for a profit. There are other choices. NIRVC for one. A dealer does not have the obligation to repair as in the auto industry. Get a new relationship. 2: You blew it as you stated when the locked in rate was thrown out the window. A definite red flag. Walk away. 3: Entegra coaches are all hand built. Probably the guys who did some of your build work missed some steps. I have seen the build factory. It is impressive. We have always bought used. Reason being the problems are all fixed. As has been posted they all break and great that you’re a handy guy. It will help going forward. I will say we have owned two Entegras and never experienced what you are going through. Yes the theater seats suck. We replaced ours. Chunked the originals. Otherwise it has been a pleasurable experience. I hope yours changes for the better.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post
I forgot to mention something very important in my previous post yesterday about my 2023 Entegra Reatta XL nightmare.

I am 5'9 and it is impossible for me to adjust the steering wheel where I can see the whole dash and be comfortable to drive. This is even with adjustable pedals. I can only see half of the dash. So, important information like the tire pressure monitoring cannot be seen. I am constantly leaning forward to see the whole dash. I think this is a real safety issue. The steering needs to able to click down one more click and or capable of moving forward another inch.

I have spoken to Spartan about the steering wheel and they said there are not additional adjustments that can be made.
I have a 1/2” on you and found that I was too far away to be as comfortable as I wanted. I looked at the seat mount nd read a thread, I was able to move the seat forward a few inches. I also found the bolts loose, so check yours out. It may make all the difference. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:33 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
God bless the people that have the patience to buy a New RV regardless of name on the side. Most spend the first 2 years of their life in some state of repair.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:15 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Don't lose hope just yet

I purchased my coach from NIRVC in 2016 and it had air leak problems driving off of the lot. That location told me that the issues were normal and I know they were not. I contacted NIRVC corporate and they made sure my coach was fixed. I have contacted them over the years about other issues and they have always been right there for me. They also follow up. I like NIRVC and would not hesitate to buy from them again.

At Spartan school a well qualified tech walked me through and under my coach as a part of the course to make sure I understood how everything is supposed to work. In the process, they found some issues I didn’t know I had and fixed them. The next year I came back for annual maintenance. They again found issues I didn’t know I had and fixed them. They also had no problem assigning the same tech to me each visit. One day I discovered rust in the neck of my surge tank and sent pictures to Spartan. They asked where my next destination was and I let them know where and when I would arrive. When I got there Spartan had shipped a new surge tank to a shop about 30 miles away and arranged for the warranty repair at my convenience. I have contacted Spartan over the years about other issues and they have always taken care of me. I also like Spartan.

My new coach had a lot of issues, so many that I drove straight to Entegra without an appointment but with a list of things that needed to be fixed. They took care of me. Subsequent service visits have resulted in repairs for most of the items. A few were intermittent and I fixed them myself. Whenever I contact service, with just a few exceptions, they take care of me. Parts help is always there. It is rare I don’t get a reply within two working days. When I have needed to contact Joyce she has always taken good care of me. I also like Entegra but I don’t think their inspections both during and after building a coach are as thorough as they need to be. I though that when I purchased my coach and I still think that.

My running repair list from day 1 through today has 98 items on it. I could probably add another 15 or so for continuing issues pertaining to things like toilets. About half of these are build issues that apply to Entegra and Spartan. Many are for out of warranty issues that are my responsibility. Many are for appliance failures that are not the fault of the coach builders (washing machine, microwave, Aqua Hot, etc). Many I have fixed on my own. Minor things like failed LEDs are not included. Things like two headlights falling out are included. Regardless of what products were repaired, Spartan and Entegra have always provided any support I have asked for.

I don’t consider my coach to be a lemon, but I have had many more issues than I should have and that disappoints me. Many other RV owners feel the same way regardless of who the manufacturer is. RVs take a beating on the road or just parked but being lived in. Entegra can install an Aqua Hot but they have no control if it fails. What makes this acceptable is that NIRVC, Spartan, and Entegra have been there for me when I need them. Other manufacturers and suppliers have also been there for me. There are too many to list but I will mention a few: MCD, RiverPark, Morryde, On the Go, EEZ, and Demco.

One of the first things I did when I purchased my coach was to read all of the manuals that came with it. After that, I downloaded every service manual that applied to my coach and read them. I learned a lot and can do much of my troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance as a result. I recommend every RV owner does the same.

Do I wish I had purchased another brand of RV? I don’t know. Entegra and Forest River are the only manufacturers I have purchased from and I will never, ever buy another Forest River product. Never. I’m not happy about all of the Entegra issues I have had and continue to have, but I am happy with their support, the features in my coach, and the comfort and if I was to purchase again Entegra would be one of the brands I would consider. Spartan is another, but other chassis manufacturers also manufacture and support their products and I would consider them as well, so I have an open mind. NIRVC deserves my consideration, but there are other sellers that also do a good job so I guess I would start with a list of companies I would not purchase from.

This is a long winded way of saying don’t give up on your coach just yet. Give it some time. There are some RVs that are dogs coming out of the factory but that same model can be a good one as well. Mine is somewhere in the middle. My first Ford Fusion Hybrid was a dog with major electrical issues. When they refused to replace it I took Ford to binding arbitration and at the end of the process they had to give me a new car at no cost. The replacement is a great car.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:39 PM   #25

I am sorry you are having the problems that you are. No comfort I am sure but all new coaches seem to have their problems. I am not going to beat up on you with "would've, should've" or "why" as some on this thread have done. Its not productive. If you keep the coach, just be prepared for some expense for a few years on stuff that shouldn't need replaced/repaired. A few years ago when I my second RV in for service/repair at a local shop, the Service Writer said a majority of their Class A service came from Entegra models. For others reading this post, my late brother (he was only 46 when he passed. :-( ) was an RV tech in San Antonio and said he would NEVER own a Forest River product because of the shabby workmanship and Quality Control. General RV sucks, no if, ands, or butts. Nothing but issues with the RV we purchased from them (in Tampa). They are subject to several lawsuits throughout the country, so I would not expect relief from them. Google it. Wondering if you? best bet is to get it "up to snuff" and dump it, albeit the financial hit is unpalatable. Maybe see if you can seek relief under your state's lemon law? Best wished to you during this tumultuous time.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenat View Post
Your sharing seems to be threefold. 1: the dealer you purchased from obviously is not top rated and basically did a one time deal with you for a profit. There are other choices. NIRVC for one. A dealer does not have the obligation to repair as in the auto industry. Get a new relationship. 2: You blew it as you stated when the locked in rate was thrown out the window. A definite red flag. Walk away. 3: Entegra coaches are all hand built. Probably the guys who did some of your build work missed some steps. I have seen the build factory. It is impressive. We have always bought used. Reason being the problems are all fixed. As has been posted they all break and great that you’re a handy guy. It will help going forward. I will say we have owned two Entegras and never experienced what you are going through. Yes the theater seats suck. We replaced ours. Chunked the originals. Otherwise it has been a pleasurable experience. I hope yours changes for the better.
The dealer experience could be an off experience or more to the story for I’ve purchased from this exact same dealer and had a completely opposite experience. A complete white glove experience with a very long detailed walk through and them addressing what I pointed out before sitting in front of the finance guy. An all day process and they jumped through hoops to make me happy. After the sale was a white glove experience as well. Had a cargo bay latch break and they said bring it by any time and pull in the courtesy pull through. Dropped by and they had a tech out there working on it within 5 minutes. No long appointment for service but was right on the spot. Needed a part so they filed the warranty claim with the manufacturer and called me in 2 weeks asking me to drop by again to install the new part. Did so the next day and they fixed it right in their courtesy drive. My experience with them was very pleasing.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:51 PM   #27

If you have a loan on it, call up the bank tell them you’re not making payments and tell them why! I worked in service for car dealerships. People used to do this all the time. You’ll see how fast you’ll get results!
Old 01-08-2023, 08:31 PM   #28

What a disaster! My friends, we, the ones who pay for these beautiful yet low quality units, going to STAND UP AND FIGHT THIS NONSENSE?!! A few years back I was under the impression that FMCA might be willing to help, but that fell through too. I think, no I know, that this shabby workmanship, and extraordinarily POOR customer "service" is going to continue until WE do something. Who do we turn to? How do we stand up on our hind legs and stop this nonsense? I am not an organizer, but if a good organizer would help us get started on getting this mess straightened out, I'd definitely support them and the organization they found. Now that many manufacturers are selling out to the BIG guys, maybe just taking on a big guy or two would change the direction of the industry. It's a blasted shame that you have to LOVE this lifestyle to put up with it.
Closed Thread

Tags
entegra, steering