Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2023, 07:40 AM   #57

I bet one of your Entegra's wasn't built in the last couple of years, and you bet I am sour towards Entegra!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2023, 09:16 AM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post
I bet one of your Entegra's wasn't built in the last couple of years, and you bet I am sour towards Entegra!
Mine was, and I still make the trips to Entegra so I can enjoy life.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 01-23-2023, 11:48 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mine was, and I still make the trips to Entegra so I can enjoy life.
Traveling to Entegra might be enjoying life to you, but it is not to me.
Old 01-23-2023, 02:20 PM   #60

As I've said before. Entegra is NOT the only manufacturer with myriad QC problems. It's a crying shame that we have to LOVE this lifestyle to put up with the POOR quality of every MH manufacturer - every RV manufacturer - that I'm aware of. The quality control of this INDUSTRY is abysmal.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:58 PM   #61

Y
Cdarmko. You are correct that the mfrs. should have better qc. However if you buy a Forest River or equivalent Thor you should not expect the same quality as a $900,00list price Cornerstone . The FR will not have solid wood cabinetry. The cabinets will be fake wood held together with staples
I could go on . But a Cornerstone is top of the line. High End. You have paid for the best. Even the service should be first rate.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 01-24-2023, 02:09 PM   #62

RV Quality

In a sense I agree. My. $900,000 rig should be perfect - ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!! However, if I can only afford a $50,000 travel trailer, I don't believe that that unit be less than perfect from the factory either.

Many years ago when we started RV'ing, we bought a $20,000 travel trailer. We made a list of problems that covered a page and a half of 8-1/2x11 sheet. For example, a factory installed screw was driven through a water line. That flooded the trailer. We had a flat tire. The wheel bolt pattern of the spare was different on the spare than on the wheel, so we didn't have a correct spare supplied with the trailer. I know of one Class C which was shipped WITHOUT a fresh water tank. Another interior flood occurred. Extreme examples? No. Common examples of problems regardless of the price of our units.

Quality control is shameful for this entire industry. I repeat, it's a shame that we have to LOVE this lifestyle to stick with it (but I do, and I do). We need help, and that help is from ourselves - we the customers. We're the reason we have with such inferior products. We put up with it.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:42 PM   #63

There is a video online of a Jayco travel trailer assembly line. Everyone should watch it to see how low end rv's are produced. No wonder they produce junk
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 01-24-2023, 05:14 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
There is a video online of a Jayco travel trailer assembly line. Everyone should watch it to see how low end rv's are produced. No wonder they produce junk
Link to this video?
Old 01-24-2023, 08:22 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Like one of the comments in this video, all I can say is wow...

Old 01-24-2023, 09:20 PM   #66

I've been following this thread since the begining.

The sad truth is... like the OP, and many people buying RV's today, they think their fancy / expensive RV will be built better than that video. ALL assembly-line built units are produced kind of like that video, no matter the price tag... It's still the same process. Pound some nails, or shoot some staples... then spray some glue and move it along.

Have you seen the posts on here about the disappointments people saw at the 2023 Tampa RV show where they rolled out a bunch of new RV's that were built with sub-par quality using lower quality materials than in years past?

Also note, that video was released 9 years ago... nothing in the industry has changed except MORE corners have been cut to save money and for the consumer, increased sale prices for those units. I can't believe that some gas coaches are over $250k and high-end diesel pushers that cost $650k a few years back are now over $1m.

I sold my "purchased new" 2019 coach (different brand) for the same reasons... and it was a pre-Covid build... similar story, poor quality and long lists of needed repairs.

I wish all of us luck because this RV industry is slowly killing itself... eventually there will be no buyers left to trick, into purchasing the crap they keep trying to sell.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:44 AM   #67

Jayco released that video to the public
They actually are proud of that product. In Spanish: sin veruenza. In English: Have you no shame. Excuse my spelling.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 01-25-2023, 07:42 AM   #68

That is a very interesting video. Either every worker was in high gear or they had the video speeded up. Watching the video you can see why quality is gone. They have no time to get their job done, none the less to fix something they see is not correct or to care. At least they cared about excess caulk that got installed.

I have taken a tour of where Entegra makes the high line coaches along with a tour at Newmar and Foretravel. In all 3 factories the workers were not working at the pace as in that video. Entegra and Foretravel had a station that was quality control. There may have been one at Newmar but I do not remember it. Newmar was the only place where they would not allow me to take pictures during the tour. At that time they said they would only allow pictures if it was your coach being built.

I was with my son-in-law looking at a 5ther he was interested in. The trailer was located on the dealers front pedestal showing it off. The first thing I notice was the latch to hold the front storage door was off by 3" and was no where close to hold the door open. From there it went down hill.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:46 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Next we will be comparing Trash truck to Cornerstones. After all the are both built on Spartan Chassis.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 01-25-2023, 09:05 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
That is a very interesting video. Either every worker was in high gear or they had the video speeded up. Watching the video you can see why quality is gone. They have no time to get their job done, none the less to fix something they see is not correct or to care. At least they cared about excess caulk that got installed.

I have taken a tour of where Entegra makes the high line coaches along with a tour at Newmar and Foretravel. In all 3 factories the workers were not working at the pace as in that video. Entegra and Foretravel had a station that was quality control. There may have been one at Newmar but I do not remember it. Newmar was the only place where they would not allow me to take pictures during the tour. At that time they said they would only allow pictures if it was your coach being built.

I was with my son-in-law looking at a 5ther he was interested in. The trailer was located on the dealers front pedestal showing it off. The first thing I notice was the latch to hold the front storage door was off by 3" and was no where close to hold the door open. From there it went down hill.

You visited all these factories nd you bought a Foretravel? That tells me something.
Closed Thread

Tags
entegra, steering