Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2020, 04:25 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Placing it to stop incoming signal from coach brake lights to his controller.

So why connect this wire to anything ?
Wouldn’t the diode block any current/signal from getting to the controller?

The diode needs placed where the brake controller only receives current/signal from the brake light switch, like post 18.

If the diode is placed to where the controller does not receive any signal/ current from the brake light switch than it becomes a strictly manual system.

I don’t think that’s what the OP wants.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
His Tekonsha controller is what’s sending signal to brakes. All he needs to do is kill that incoming signal to his controller.

Ahh but wouldn't it be so much easier if the coach only illuminated the brake lights when the pedal was pressed ? That was my point. Then you could actually use the coaches wiring to add a controller without the need of a hack. And some of the hacks I see in this thread won't work.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
So why connect this wire to anything ?
Wouldn’t the diode block any current/signal from getting to the controller?

The diode needs placed where the brake controller only receives current/signal from the brake light switch, like post 18.

If the diode is placed to where the controller does not receive any signal/ current from the brake light switch than it becomes a strictly manual system.

I don’t think that’s what the OP wants.
No it becomes a inertia system. The previous Tekonsha controllers I had was strictly inertia. Regardless he can do what he wants to.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fqberful View Post
Ahh but wouldn't it be so much easier if the coach only illuminated the brake lights when the pedal was pressed ? That was my point. Then you could actually use the coaches wiring to add a controller without the need of a hack. And some of the hacks I see in this thread won't work.
Sure, but that’s not the world we live in. I wouldn’t bypass anything that might become a liability issue in an accident.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
I appreciate the diagram and the discussion. On Skip’s diagram I’m not sure if my high low switch combines to a single line for brake lights. I think is controlled by the computer.

I’m thinking there may be a way to use two normally closed relays to pass the trailer brake signal. If I send a signal wire from each position on the engine brake switch that opens the relay it would kill signal to the brakes when the switch is on. The only catch is if I apply service brakes at the same time as the engine brake the trailer brakes won’t activate.

I’m pretty good about switching the engine brake off when I use the service brakes. This may not be the end of the world. This setup would allow me to use simple connections without ever cutting wires (except the brake signal wire on my controller harness).

This could easily be built on a workbench and plugged in at the coach. What am I missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A6DFF8EA-49C0-4A8D-BF40-9E29F9EFE6B1.png
Views:	22
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	293387  
Alex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:18 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex00 View Post
I appreciate the diagram and the discussion. On Skip’s diagram I’m not sure if my high low switch combines to a single line for brake lights. I think is controlled by the computer.

I’m thinking there may be a way to use two normally closed relays to pass the trailer brake signal. If I send a signal wire from each position on the engine brake switch that opens the relay it would kill signal to the brakes when the switch is on. The only catch is if I apply service brakes at the same time as the engine brake the trailer brakes won’t activate.

I’m pretty good about switching the engine brake off when I use the service brakes. This may not be the end of the world. This setup would allow me to use simple connections without ever cutting wires (except the brake signal wire on my controller harness).

This could easily be built on a workbench and plugged in at the coach. What am I missing?

Alex00,
I just send you a PM.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, brake, engine, trailer