Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #1

21 Cornerstone black tank sensor

So both my toilets are flashing red and wont flush saying the tank is full. However, the vegatouch says its at 75%.

Looking through literature it appears that the Sanimarin toilet uses sensors and the vegatouch uses its own sensors. I would think they should both read the same so when the red light appears the vegatouch would show I am close to full.

Is there a way to calibrate this? I guess the next question is which sensor do I believe?
zman62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2020, 05:00 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Try the easy fix first, reboot 12v power with the salesman switch. There have been some post with pad Vega Touch tank monitors on new models, I was hoping the 21's that was corrected.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Try the easy fix first, reboot 12v power with the salesman switch. There have been some post with pad Vega Touch tank monitors on new models, I was hoping the 21's that was corrected.
I did the reboot early on. I know there have been issues with the Vega touch not reading the tank at all. Have there been issues with the Vega touch reading a different level than the Toilet sensor? I was guessing this was a calibration issue but maybe not?
Old 06-13-2020, 06:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
According to the Sanimarin docs those toilets have a 2 sensor system very similar to the Techma toilets on my coach. One sensor stuck near the top of the tank, one stuck near the middle. It only reads empty, half and full and is independent from the Vegatouch sensors.

If these are like the Techma they are fooled by crud on the tank walls and are error prone. Mine have never really worked, always reading full so I disabled them.

On the Techma toilets there is a way to override the false full tank condition, I would imagine there is something similar for your toilets.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
According to the Sanimarin docs those toilets have a 2 sensor system very similar to the Techma toilets on my coach. One sensor stuck near the top of the tank, one stuck near the middle. It only reads empty, half and full and is independent from the Vegatouch sensors.

If these are like the Techma they are fooled by crud on the tank walls and are error prone. Mine have never really worked, always reading full so I disabled them.

On the Techma toilets there is a way to override the false full tank condition, I would imagine there is something similar for your toilets.
I know I can disable the upper sensor so the toilets wont shutdown any longer. I was hoping there was some calibration either through the toilet sensor or the Vega Touch to get them in sync. I am guessing the Vega is accurate and the toilet is shutting down too soon but I don't know that for sure.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We had a problem with the toilets saying full even when the tank was empty and flushed. A triple dose of Thedford Sensor Cleaner, filling the tank full and letting it set (we werenít in the coach) for a weekend and then dumping and flushing, cured the problem.
hdgoldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
We had a problem with the toilets saying full even when the tank was empty and flushed. A triple dose of Thedford Sensor Cleaner, filling the tank full and letting it set (we werenít in the coach) for a weekend and then dumping and flushing, cured the problem.
The tank has only been filled once. I actually filled the tank with water prior to our first trip. This is when I first noticed that the toilets said full well before the Vega Touch.

I think I will disconnect the upper sensor for the toilet and see where that gets me.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:20 PM   #8

Although not a very helpful comment, you have a brand new coach and this shouldnít be happening. I sold my 2018 for a variety of reasons and itís issues like this that are keeping me from pulling the trigger on a new one.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Although not a very helpful comment, you have a brand new coach and this shouldnít be happening. I sold my 2018 for a variety of reasons and itís issues like this that are keeping me from pulling the trigger on a new one.
This is my 14th coach so it doesn't bother me. I do most of my own warranty work because I like to understand the problem areas in a coach. They all have their problem areas for sure.

I just post on here to see if someone can save me some diagnostic time. I am sure I will figure it all out.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
This is my 14th coach so it doesn't bother me. I do most of my own warranty work because I like to understand the problem areas in a coach. They all have their problem areas for sure.

I just post on here to see if someone can save me some diagnostic time. I am sure I will figure it all out.
A lot of the reading problems are dependent on where they place the sensors on the tanks.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
A lot of the reading problems are dependent on where they place the sensors on the tanks.
That is exactly what I plan on checking. A sensor place a few inches off will cause problems. My hope is this will be that simple. If not I plan on disconnecting the upper sensor for the toilet then watch the vega touch very closely the first time we fill the black tank.

This is not complicated its just a shame that manufactures don't pay closer attention to things like this. Its the little things that make a difference.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:39 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Zman, itís my understanding that this is an area that Entegra has been having issues with all through the 20 model year. I believe they are sourcing the sensors from Firefly so maybe contacting them directly will get you better diagnostic info. I heard that Entegra left Seelevel to get a system that will integrate better with the Vegatouch. Seems like growing pains!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Zman, itís my understanding that this is an area that Entegra has been having issues with all through the 20 model year. I believe they are sourcing the sensors from Firefly so maybe contacting them directly will get you better diagnostic info. I heard that Entegra left Seelevel to get a system that will integrate better with the Vegatouch. Seems like growing pains!
Are the toilets using the firefly sensors? I was under the impression that the toilet manufacture used their own sensors but I very well could be wrong.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:20 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
21 Cornerstone black tank sensor

Agree, but my thought was that if both toilet sensors read the same, the problem must be the way it interfaces with the tank sensors. Since I know they have been having problems with the tank sensors, Itís purely speculation on my part!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank