Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I have a 2021 Foretravel with valor TPMS, I run the TST system also and they don't interfere with each other. I run both because I had the TST for a couple of years and trust the system, the jury is still out on the valor system. I use just the TST for my toad. When I picked up the coach the baseline was not set correctly for the front tires I contacted valor they sent me the programming tool and walked me through setting the baseline and I sent the tool back. The system seems to work well but I am going to leave my road set up with TST.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2020, 07:08 AM   #16

Yes MrFix

When I took delivery of my coach in May 2018 (19 Cornerstone), the Valor Rep was Mr. Don Rigby and he had ~ 10 remote programmers that he would loan out so you could make adjustments any time you wanted and not have to purchase the programmer. (But now in ~25,000 travel miles, I have not needed to make any adjustments, but I got my pressures close to "right" after doing 4 corner weights at the scales initially on my own).You have to know, or have a good guess at your coach normal use coach weights and tire loads and therefore air pressures to get the baselines set correctly..... I assume that dealers now ask you how you intend to use the coach (just tail gate at football games, full time, just a "condo" to live in during the winter, etc etc) and then give you estimated loads and pressures. At that point in time, no one knew how much you would have to reprogram due to weather or seasonal changes (none) so I decided to go ahead and buy a programmer. Several of us did who bought early 19s. Mr Rigby also sold the 4 sensors that need to be added to the toad wheels. He was very helpful and the process is very straightforward to do yourself once you have been through it once. The main sticking point for the NIRVC techs was that you have to unplug the J1939 three bus connections under the fake wood panel on the dash so that the programmer is not competing with the J1939 bus for the attention of the dash CPU. Once Mr. Rigby got us all understanding that those canbus lines had to be unplugged, then the remote programmer accessed the dash very easily. Rigby had a printed step by step available that he could email.

Now, to be totally above board, the only problem I have ever heard was that there was a point that it became known that there was a possibility of one of the tire sensors to "go quiet", to loose signal, and it might be minutes before the system would tell you that the signal had been lost. It is my understanding that that has been reprogrammed so that is not a problem now. I have noted that on rare occasions, just like with my external "Tire Minder" TPMS system, a tire would "disappear" for no reason, only to be "found" again a couple of minutes later.

All in all, I personally would not spend an extra $400-$600 for a separate toad tire monitoring system for my toad. I sold my perfectly fine Tire Minder system after getting my Valor system set up, but I could have easily kept it and used it, but I saw no advantage. I would be happy to consult with anyone that needs more information. Just PM me....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:19 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Another Gary that is agreeing with Gary J. I love my TMPS on the 2019 Anthem. It works and has picked up a low pressure reading in my toad. The toad had a very slow leak caused by a screw.

I purchased my own smart tool. It is a little tricky to get it to do all the adjustments but it is very do able and good to have on the road to make slight adjustments. The instructions that come with the tool will walk you through the adjustments.
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Yes MrFix

When I took delivery of my coach in May 2018 (19 Cornerstone), the Valor Rep was Mr. Don Rigby and he had ~ 10 remote programmers that he would loan out so you could make adjustments any time you wanted and not have to purchase the programmer. (But now in ~25,000 travel miles, I have not needed to make any adjustments, but I got my pressures close to "right" after doing 4 corner weights at the scales initially on my own). At that point in time, no one knew how much you would have to reprogram due to weather or seasonal changes (none) so I decided to go ahead and buy one. Mr Rigby also sold the 4 sensors that need to be added to the toad wheels. He was very helpful and the process is very straightforward to do yourself once you have been through it once. The main sticking point for the NIRVC techs was that you have to unplug the J1939 three bus connections under the fake wood panel on the dash so that the programmer is not competing for the J1939 bus for the attention of the dash CPU. Once Mr. Rigby got us all understanding that that had to be unplugged, then the remote accessed the dash very easily. Rigby had a printed step by step available that he could send.

Now, to be totally above board, the only problem I have ever heard was that there was a point that it became known that there was a possibility of one of the tire sensors to "go quiet", to loose signal, and it might be minutes before the system would tell you that the signal had been lost. It is my understanding that that has been reprogrammed so that is not a problem now. I have noted that on rare occassions, just like with my external "Tire Minder" TPMS system, a tire would disappear for no reason, only to be "found again a couple of minutes later.

All in all, I personally would not spend an extra 400-600 for a separate toad tire monitoring system for my toad. I sold my perfectly fine Tire Minder system after getting my Valor system set up, but I could have easily kept it and used it, but I saw no advantage. I would be happy to consult with anyone that needs more information.

Gary

I was referred to Don Rigby by Spartan. What a great guy! He loaned me a tool and then on a phone call walked me through setting some values step by step.

While I believe this system is stupid in that a user should be able to set the values without special tools, Don made this as painless as possible, the next best thing.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:37 AM   #19

I had heard a rumor that Don was not performing this interface service any more, so it is nice to hear that he is still doing it. Yes, he worked for the Valor company for many years and this is part of his retirement job. Since he appears to be still doing this service, here is his email Rigby.Don@gmail.com. Drop him an email first. If you need his telephone number, PM me and I will give eyou what I have. There, you have all the information.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:04 AM   #20

So does the cornerstones and or those coaches that come equipped with TPMS also provide the sensors for our toads?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
So does the cornerstones and or those coaches that come equipped with TPMS also provide the sensors for our toads?
At a nominal fee.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
At a nominal fee.

I see. What components must be purchased if going to the TST aftermarket option? Just the sensors?
Old 05-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
21 Cornerstone tpms

Yes just the sensors which are $50. a wheel. Then you have to pay to get them installed which is dismounting the tire, installing it on the rim, remounting the tire and then rebalancing the wheel. You will then need the programming tool or the installer will, to get the system to recognize the new sensors.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #24

Quote:
I see. What components must be purchased if going to the TST aftermarket option? Just the sensors?
I had the EEZ system from last Mh. If you’re just using the TST or EEZ system for the toad you would need 4 sensors and the monitor.
I wish the TST or EEZ sensors would work with the valid system, but unfortunately they won’t.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The entire system for the toad, under $300. Plug and Play, move it to another toad in 2 minutes. No tools, no programmer needed, all parts replaceable and no need for a dealer to change them. JMO https://www.amazon.com/Systems-Techn.../dp/B01DTGH66M

However, this will not work if you want to see the TP on the digital dash. That will need a dealer to complete.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I had the EEZ system from last Mh. If you’re just using the TST or EEZ system for the toad you would need 4 sensors and the monitor.
I wish the TST or EEZ sensors would work with the valid system, but unfortunately they won’t.
What do you have now and where did you mount the display?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The entire system for the toad, under $300. Plug and Play, move it to another toad in 2 minutes. No tools, no programmer needed, all parts replaceable and no need for a dealer to change them. JMO https://www.amazon.com/Systems-Techn.../dp/B01DTGH66M

However, this will not work if you want to see the TP on the digital dash. That will need a dealer to complete.
I can live with an aftermarket system providing I can find a discrete placement for the display
Old 05-14-2020, 01:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

Just an FYI on the Valor - there is now a $60 tariff on 4 sensors and 4 straps.

Tags
tpms