RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2020, 01:41 AM   #1

21 Entegra Refrigerators

It appears that the 21 coaches are arriving with side by side whirlpool refrigerators. Apparently due to a shortage but who knows. Other than the freezer compartment being smaller, I can foresee everything falling out every trip. Not happy at all with this development. Any thoughts about this?
roger8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2020, 06:36 AM   #2

fridge

did you take delivery with a side by side or did your dealer tell you this. I have an anthem on order so very interested in this thread Will contact my dealer on monday and ask the question to them.
lands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:48 AM   #3

There have been previous reports about a shortage of refrigerators and I have seen quite a few in boxes at NIRVC Lewisville (Dallas) in boxes when I have been there in the past couple of weeks ready to be installed into someones coach. I think this is a problem for all new from the factory coaches.

Now, on any kind of refrigerator, you are going to need to do some modification of the refrig on any one installed. All of them need to have locks installed by either the factory or the local dealer. However, you need to buy metal extending shelf guards for your refrig regardless of what you have installed or buy. These are single or double metal brackets. The horizontal bars are spring loaded to fit common sizes of refrigs. and we have a single or double for every shelf in our refrigerator. They are taken out when we arrive and stored in the bedroom, and are reinserted in front of all the shelves as soon as we know we are ready to "hit the road", Without those shelf protectors, you will have a few surprises falling onto the floor every time you open your refrig doors. They are found at Camping World and on line and easy to find once you know what you are looking for.

Also, I have recently installed a refrig lock that is made by a company who uses a 3D Printer to fabricate the lock. It is designed for the three door refrigators with the freezer in the botton section and two french doors above. They are about $75 and a definite DIY project for any owner. I believe he has a version for these two door refrigs also, but never read up on them. However, they are easy to install and they absolutely prevent opening of any of the doors when traveling. I didnt have one for 5 or 6 years with this and previous coaches, and installed one this past spring, and wish that I had installed one 6 years ago. I have only had a few times where the freezer would unlock, or more than likely, Dee or I forgot to lock the upper French doors and even with the lock on, they would partially open or fully open. This refrig lock has cured all of those problems. I would recommend you consider adding one regardless.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Maybe it depends on model and delivery date. My Anthem came with 3 door Whirlpool.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:47 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
There was a long post regarding this on the Facebook group. There is a nationwide appliance shortage due to the pandemic and people stocking up on food purchasing new refrigerator and freezers. I tried to purchase a new garage freeze, none available until the end of the year. The RV manufactures came back after opening up with no refrigerators available.

The consensus on FB group that people were going to change their own once refrigerators became available. A couple members here, way before the shortage, changed the OEM Whirlpools to LG because they are larger and fit in the same area. Don't know if dealers are able to do anything. or not. In my area, appliances are still backordered
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:16 AM   #6
JDT

Just stumbled across this and pardon me for posting since I don't have an Entegra. I do have a friend that has one if that helps. If this is completely off base just ignore it.

I'm not sure if it is the same but our Jayco Pinnacle fifth wheel came with a 21 cubic foot Whirlpool side by side with water and ice in the door. It is a cabinet depth size. We had a Samsung french door type in our previous fifth wheel and I was disappointed that the Pinnacle had the side by side. However, after spending about 40 nights in it, including a month long trip to the Rockies with it fully stocked, I have grown to like it very much. The fridge side has more than enough room for everything we needed. The freezer side was my concern and Whirlpool does not provide enough shelves in my opinion. They will gladly sell you a couple for over $100 each. Instead, I milled a couple of shelves out of plastic cutting board material which greatly increased the storage space. I also bought some of the Camco spring loaded rods which keeps things in place. With over 4K miles so far nothing has spilled or tumbled out.

It also came with a very well made locking system for the doors.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #7

Jim

Good post with good ideas in it... thanks. Some owners are facing an unanticipated change and your post may well help them with ideas.

Gary
Old 10-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We have a side by side and really like it. Easier to get to the freezer than a 3-door. Nothing falls out. The only downside is that a big pizza box won't fit in it so we have to buy small pizzas!

For $7 you can get this lock, which needs no installation and works well on a side by side fridge.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #9

Or a short velcro strap.... even easier.

Gary
Old 10-25-2020, 02:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lands View Post
did you take delivery with a side by side or did your dealer tell you this. I have an anthem on order so very interested in this thread Will contact my dealer on monday and ask the question to them.
The coach arrived with the side by side. No word from the dealor about this.
We are at NIRVC Atlanta and looked in another new Anthem and it also has a side by side. Other units have the 3 door refrigerator. So it appears that the timing of the build is the factor.

We like the size of the of the refrigerator side but was concerned about the freezer side. It definitely did not hold everything we had in the old Whirlpool unit. Glad to hear some made it work.
roger8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:01 PM   #11

23 cu ft LG only way to go. Great frig and larger than anything Entegra is installing.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #12

A bit of a unique approach to securing the doors.
I've never used it, found it on a google search for refrigerator door securement devices.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FU3kVNMnMZzvXp
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:32 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
23 cu ft LG only way to go. Great frig and larger than anything Entegra is installing.

I agree
Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #14

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post

Also, I have recently installed a refrig lock that is made by a company who uses a 3D Printer to fabricate the lock. It is designed for the three door refrigators with the freezer in the botton section and two french doors above. They are about $75 and a definite DIY project for any owner. I believe he has a version for these two door refrigs also, but never read up on them. However, they are easy to install and they absolutely prevent opening of any of the doors when traveling. I didnt have one for 5 or 6 years with this and previous coaches, and installed one this past spring, and wish that I had installed one 6 years ago. I have only had a few times where the freezer would unlock, or more than likely, Dee or I forgot to lock the upper French doors and even with the lock on, they would partially open or fully open. This refrig lock has cured all of those problems. I would recommend you consider adding one regardless.

Gary
Yup.. The "Fridge Fixer"
I tried all the "Rube Goldburg" DIY's and finally bit the bullet and spent the $$ for the Fixer..
Found here..
https://www.recubed.solutions/
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, refrigerator