Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2023, 05:34 AM   #1
WDW

24 Updates - especially Starlink

I’ve read on the Facebook forums the updates for the 24 model year coaches. Interesting Starlink is standard / optional.
I’m wondering how they’re installed and whether this is a path forward for retrofitting for existing coaches.

Any thoughts?
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2023, 07:41 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I believe that will be via the relatively new flat mount high performance in-motion starlink antenna. You can get one now for $2500.

How the OEM's will integrate with other on-board networking is TBD. I found the Starlink router to be lacking in many ways and bypass it in favor of my own router.

As far as I can see right now, all this buys you vs existing 4G/5G solutions (which are also in motion), is access in areas with no cell coverage.

Unlike cellular, park your rig under cover and you will loose service. Besides that consideration, with Starlink performance trending down as popularity increases and the threat of bandwidth allocations on the horizon, I wouldn't suggest Starlink be your only connectivity option.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:14 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Starlink reception is seriously limited in heavy tree cover areas. I am very surprised that Entegra is including Starlink on their '24 models. It is new technology, not widely used on RVs and never before included by anybody as standard equipment. On the other hand lithium batteries, which have been used on high end coaches for years, are not even offered as an option.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Starlink reception is seriously limited in heavy tree cover areas. I am very surprised that Entegra is including Starlink on their '24 models. It is new technology, not widely used on RVs and never before included by anybody as standard equipment. On the other hand lithium batteries, which have been used on high end coaches for years, are not even offered as an option.
Actually, trees don't limit reception as bad as I thought. We were in a Shenandoah Valley park with hills and forested area al around.

In a campground where the tall pines were pretty thick, we still had Starlink much of the time even though the trees were maybe 30% of the open sky.

Perfect high speed reception? Nope, but streaming ewas possible with some pixleation and a few second here and there offline (buffering dependent). Email and low demand browsing was hardly interupted at all.
Psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:04 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I like the idea of having something like Starlink as an option. If you want it get it type of thing.

I would rather big windows and no carpet.

I read through the 2024 changes. They did not make me want to call Angie and place an order…..
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote