Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #1

3,200 for insurance

A while back I submitted a question here about FMCA insurance brokers. I decided to compare policies from Safeco and my current insurer Progressive. To keep it short, progressives renewal was roughly 3,200 with no glass coveralls, over $4,400 with full glass. I also had a 5,000 deductible for collision and comp.

Safeco came in at $3,067 with full glass and a $2,00 collision and $1,000 comp deductible. A considerable difference in coverage for less money.

Both have full replacement value, Progressive was 5 years, Safeco is 10. I was surprised at the differences. So for me, Safeco it is!

Just an FYI

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2020, 08:17 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
A while back I submitted a question here about FMCA insurance brokers. I decided to compare policies from Safeco and my current insurer Progressive. To keep it short, progressives renewal was roughly 3,200 with no glass coveralls, over $4,400 with full glass. I also had a 5,000 deductible for collision and comp.

Safeco came in at $3,067 with full glass and a $2,00 collision and $1,000 comp deductible. A considerable difference in coverage for less money.

Both have full replacement value, Progressive was 5 years, Safeco is 10. I was surprised at the differences. So for me, Safeco it is!

Just an FYI

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Cool - I’ll check my numbers against this.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #3

I have Safeco too. Full replacement but about 1/3rd of that price. Of course my coach isn't a Cornerstone and the most dangerous thing where I live is a volcano that erupts every 500 - 1000 years.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:12 AM   #4

My insurance is with Safeco and has been with Safeco since I bought the coach. It initially was for full replacement value on this Cornerstone, but the rate was higher than I was happy with, so I dropped the full replacement value coverage and went with agreed value which made a significant downward change in my premium.

I have carried full replacement value on my Anthem and again on this Cornerstone for 2 years, but my rate was getting pretty steep and that was with no "at-fault" collisions/claims or moving violations on my record for a very long time.

And I was NEVER told that they would write full replacement value for 10 years. I was always told that it could be for 5 years. Frankly, I have a hard time believing that anyone is going to write full replacement value insurance for a decade...... are you absolutely sure of that period of time???????

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:25 AM   #5

FWIW, I had a fire sweep over my property and damaged the house and motorhome and destroyed a car. I had Progressive for the car and motorhome and Farmers for the house and car content. Dealing with the claims, the difference between the companies was striking. Farmers was a breeze. Progressive was a nightmare! I have been shuffled to 5 different adjusters so far at Progressive and 6 months after the fire we are still not settled. The Progressive agents are not permitted to make decisions and must submit everything up the chain for review. None of the Progressive adjusters I worked with understand motorhomes. Progressive was the cheapest insurance I found for the motorhome and cars, but I will be switching as soon as my claims are finalized. Progressive is not worth the hassle!
Old 11-24-2020, 08:12 AM   #6

I had some of the same issues with progressive about 10 years ago. My "Hillbilly" motorhome had to be towed and the tow driver sucked. He took a sharp right turn and the back of his truck tore up the front of my coach. His insurance was Progressive too. It took a month and 5 different adjusters to finally get the repairs aporoved.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
My insurance is with Safeco and has been with Safeco since I bought the coach. It initially was for full replacement value on this Cornerstone, but the rate was higher than I was happy with, so I dropped the full replacement value coverage and went with agreed value which made a significant downward change in my premium.

I have carried full replacement value on my Anthem and again on this Cornerstone for 2 years, but my rate was getting pretty steep and that was with no "at-fault" collisions/claims or moving violations on my record for a very long time.

And I was NEVER told that they would write full replacement value for 10 years. I was always told that it could be for 5 years. Frankly, I have a hard time believing that anyone is going to write full replacement value insurance for a decade...... are you absolutely sure of that period of time???????

Gary
I will post the language in a bit. I have "agreed value" which in this case is $497,000 and there is no time limit. The main difference is the way they pay out in the event of a total loss. Agreed value pays me $497,000 and does not guaranty me a coach of the same quality or class. Full replacement would pay for a new coach of same class no matter the cost.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance