Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #15

We got our Anthem DEQ Jan.3. Plans are to hit road around July 1 for 5 or 6 Months.
We really like it so far but are really looking forward to full time. we have about 4900 miles so far
Texas Jim 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Agree with all. We are having a skylight/vent fan amidships, ceiling fan in bedroom, and additional lighting in vanity and shower installed at Precision after we get done at the factory. DEQ is a must if you do a lot of tube watching, and we do.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
i too have been going back and forth on this same issue, and I think the wife and I have decided on the opposing couches with the tv behind the couch (but we are looking newmar, which has the sale floorplan at the entegra if you want it)

I hate the tv in the front of the center cabinet, and I hate a midship, but what I didn't like about the entegra, is the tv doesnt go down into the cabinet (that i know of) blocking the window behind it.

Also, we have guests sometimes in our coach, and the opposing couches seem to lend to that well.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #18

Plasma800, the TV doesn't block a window, because there is no window behind it. I completely agree that the Newmar implementation is much superior, both in the one with opposing couches and a televator behind one, and in the DEQ style, with the TV on the fireplace - the Newmar TV lowers into the cabinet behind the fireplace and there are windows behind it. For some reason, Entegra is enamored with dark coaches. I prefer several Newmar plans to the Entegra plans, but in a hardware comparison, the Entegra wins hands-down, with a better chassis, bigger engine, larger generator, etc.
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #19

DeeGree-
We love the layout and have spent as long as 3 months at a time on trips. Feels like home and no regrets. You also can change it upp a bit and leave the sofa in and put the lazy chair in its place. I do that alot on 1 night stops. You are right about the curve in the couch. Not a place to sit. I put a pillow there and the dog sleeps fine between us.
The dining table is a bit tight and I am glad my wife fits there perfectly. Other option is to put that chair on the end while eating.
We work full time and we turn the chairs sideways and i put a board on top of the top drawers. Works great for setting up our laptops and working.
By the way the fireplace is awesome on a cold day.
Good luck with your pick, whatever it is.
Phil_Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #20

Amen on the bigger windows. Newmar does it right from The Mountain Aire up to the King Aire.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #21

Agree on the bathroom lights. I am scratching my head but thinking of pulling the out and adding bigger lights. Those little LED bulbs are useless in the bathroom.
If anyone has ideas about the lights, please pass it on..
Old 05-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Precook

My 13 Aspire had those small LEDs in the bathroom. I bought extra spot fixtures but didn 't get around to adding them. I traded into my 14 Anthem 44b. The 44b is almost the same bathroom sink layout as the DEQ. The difference is our 44b Anthem uses three of the LARGE size led flush mount lights like in your living room. It really makes a huge difference. See if you can remove those smaller flush led lights and replace with the larger diameter ones. It would of course require some hole surgery.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:10 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
DeeGee,

I had to pay Lazy Days to convert the drawer next to the refer into a slideout tray for my laptop. Also the center shelf under the table is now another slideout for my wireless printer. It really doesn't make any sense they weren't standard items. We were flabbergasted that laptop & printer needs are addressed by virtually every other brand as standard features. The mod wasn't too expensive to accomplish. Who in 2014 doesn't have a laptop? It's standard equipment that the coach ignores.

Entegra does pay attention. They raised the towel rings in the vanities because standard sized hand towels would drag in the sink.....but it took a year or more to make the engineering change.

Now if they'd put a magicfan, not a maxxair, with rain sensor. Much more air moved.

Pat

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:09 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecook View Post
Agree on the bathroom lights. I am scratching my head but thinking of pulling the out and adding bigger lights. Those little LED bulbs are useless in the bathroom.
If anyone has ideas about the lights, please pass it on..
My 2014 came with the larger LED's in both bathrooms and they are great. Maybe you could upgrade to 2014 lights and solve the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #25

Not to hijack Plasma's thread but I am curious. Any one with a DEQ/B44 floor plan look at TV Lifts to see if it is doable?
The other thing I saw was in a Winne Tour. They have the TV on a swing arm and have a storage/safe surround. Thought that was a good solution too.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #26
WDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Not to hijack Plasma's thread but I am curious. Any one with a DEQ/B44 floor plan look at TV Lifts to see if it is doable?
The other thing I saw was in a Winne Tour. They have the TV on a swing arm and have a storage/safe surround. Thought that was a good solution too.
Tom
Tom, here is the backside of the 50" TV on the 44B. Nothing behind it but wall and a very large mounting bracket. For the TV to be on a lift it would require a much smaller TV. Actually works great as is.

Please rotate the photo to the right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	64213  
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #27

Thanks for the idea Chuck. Hate to have to buy a newer coach to get brighter lighting in the bathroom.
Phil