Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #1

42 DEQ livability and quirks

For those of you with a 42 DEQ of any flavor, how does it work out for you after using it a while? That L-shaped couch and slanted FP/TV look sexy - how are they over the long haul? felt the couch wasn't all that comfortable, and the portion with the bend least of all. It sure does look nice, though.

Similarly, I was disappointed by the dining table and chairs. The chair really has to be right against the wall to fit. I noticed that moving it out, there is a groove of sorts in the carpet where the edge of the slide is, so you have to have the chair all the way in or out a ways past the groove, and have it sit partially on the carpet and partially on the tile. I wasn't sure I was going to like this over time, and the chair itself was unexpectedly uncomfortable.

We're looking at this plan as an option. I've read all the comments I could find, but now that I've spent some time in one I would like to see if these issues affect anyone else. We like a lot of things about this plan, but more data is always better, right?

Thanks!
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We picked up our DEQ last July and have >10,000 miles and >70 nights in it.

Our only disappointment is the dining table but only because it pretty much seats only 2. We leave ours in most of the time and don't have a problem with it. As you said, if you move your chair out a little the inside legs go in the crack. If you extend the table you can move your chair out a little further, and again, as you said one set of legs will be on carpet and the other on carpet which we don't see as a problem.

The L couch is great, my wife cuddles up in the corner with her legs in the extension. We also like the angled TV; we don't have to twist to watch TV.

We like the saying "Drinks for 8, dinner for 2, sleeps 2".
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #3

Deegee, I agree with all your observations
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #4

I agree with Vance's review completely. We enjoy our coach floor plan without question. We have lived in our coach since purchased on April 8th, unfortunately we are heading home, expect to arrive June 20th.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post

Similarly, I was disappointed by the dining table and chairs. The chair really has to be right against the wall to fit. I noticed that moving it out, there is a groove of sorts in the carpet where the edge of the slide is, so you have to have the chair all the way in or out a ways past the groove, and have it sit partially on the carpet and partially on the tile. I wasn't sure I was going to like this over time, and the chair itself was unexpectedly uncomfortable.

Thanks!
We had that same setup in our last MH for 10 years. Either I got older or fatter but the wall got closer every year. This time we chose the booth and so far very pleased with it and the additional storage. Just one persons opinion, well two, DW also made the same choice.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #6

Smile DEQ

DeeGee---- Our only disappointment is that the windows do not open adequately to allow enough fresh air in.

We have 22,000 miles on our 42 DEQ in 1 1/2 years and find it very livable. We did have the dinning table modified though by pulling out 9 inches of corian that is hidden under the buffet. We now fit four just fine for meals.
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
DeeGee,We've been in our DEQ about the same (17 months) and find it a great floor plan for two people. DW loves the salon. I have my own lounge chair instead of the Eurolounge. I just don't have the issues with the table that others have suggested, and I'm not small person (6'2" and 260#s). You know, I had some issue with air flow through the windows and then we came to the Oregon Coast. I have used my AC probably three days out of the last 15.

My diesel mileage is a little less than I expected (7.2 versus 8). Plenty of power for the hills and rides/drives like a dream. Just fixed my DW's biggest complaint by reengineering the screen door to have a plexiglass on top while on the road and a screen on top in camp. now she can see out front right.

We've had little things break...currently have two three shade motors inop, and a tag hub seal leaking a little for the second time. Some woodwork concerns, but we are pretty happy in the full time use of our coach, coast to coast, Michigan to FL, NY to San Diego.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
We picked up our DEQ last July and have >10,000 miles and >70 nights in it.

Our only disappointment is the dining table but only because it pretty much seats only 2. We leave ours in most of the time and don't have a problem with it. As you said, if you move your chair out a little the inside legs go in the crack. If you extend the table you can move your chair out a little further, and again, as you said one set of legs will be on carpet and the other on carpet which we don't see as a problem.

The L couch is great, my wife cuddles up in the corner with her legs in the extension. We also like the angled TV; we don't have to twist to watch TV.

We like the saying "Drinks for 8, dinner for 2, sleeps 2".
Hi TXBart - Not to bust your bubble, but I like the saying - Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2. And we live by this in our current coach of 33 feet. I guess when it comes time to add 10 more feet we'll still live by the numbers - 6,4,2.

-paul
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Not if all you can fit around the table is 2 which is the point of what I am saying.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I formerly owned a DEQ Aspire. Now we own an Anthem 44B. In both layouts we bought because we did not like the living room TV on the mid coach bulkhead which makes a "bowling alley" room to relax and watch TV. We like the fireplace/TV in the 44B and the L shaped couch. We didn't really use the lounge chair in the DEQ. As for the table the two of us fit but we must admit it's not easy with a guest or two. When we looked at a RVs we liked some of the layouts better in the Itasca/Winny 42 ft, the Newmar 44ft, and even the Tiffin Phaeton's, but we preferred the finish and quality in the Entegra. In the end we compromised a little on the floorplans.

If I could layout a "clean sheet" Entegra I'd make it 42ft using the living room of the 44B but I'd put a booth where the table and cabinets are. I'd trade the two bathrooms for one bigger one. We like the rear bath in the 44b a lot but you'd have to figure access while the slides are in (Winny and Newmar do that with beds that fold). I love the looks of the RV but I'd love to have bigger windows that ventilate better. Primarily on the entrance/awning side. A window (albeit small) would be nice above the kitchen counter. I'd like another Maxxair fan in the kitchen/living room. I'd trade some of that "bling" on the living room ceiling mirror for a ceiling fan like I ordered, and really enjoy, in the bedroom. I'd also pay more for more supportive driver/co pilot seats instead of the pillowy ones used.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hogdriver
I agree about the tv. We ordered the DEQ because it seemed that it would be uncomfortable trying to watch the midship tv in some other models. Will know for sure in 3-4 weeks when it arrives.

Roy
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #12
WDE

We really thought we wanted a booth. I wasn't crazy about the table/chair combination, but bought the 44B because of the floor plan and bath and a half. Turns out, we really like the table/chair combo. The storage is the difference. We store our computers, iPads, chargers, cameras, etc - right next to our work space.

The DEQ / 44B is great for two people. We certainly don't need multiple sofas. The big TV is great for movies and sports and is in a great location.

The half bath was the decider for the wife. That's hers. It is also convenient on the road.

Different strokes for different folks, but for us the 44B was perfect. Now if it had bigger windows ....
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
'13 Aspire 42DEQ:
Replaced the lounge chair with a stressless...
We have the credenza and yes, the chair is too close to the refer....they really need to make the credenza asymmetrical and the table itself could be a bit narrower. Credenza also needs to be 1" deeper.
Not happy at all with the L-shaped couch. The seat slants at such a downward angle that you slide right off.
Need lots more light above the vanity mirror! 4 large puck lights should do it (2-small ones came with the coach).
Need an electrical outlet beside the captain's seat.
Forced-air grates need to be directional...so they probably would be better if they were round so they could swivel 360*.
Return-air grates need to be removable for cleaning the air filters, not screwed in.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #14

Wow, these answers don't make the decision any easier. Keep 'em coming, this is great.
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote