Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
We has a little problem but no big deal. Shortly after getting our coach, DH knocked the toilet paper holder off. He then put it back but the hook now pointed toward the toilet. While loading the king size bottom sheet into the washer the whole roll of toilet paper came off and was loaded in the washer. It completely dissolved as RV paper will and I had quite a mess in with our dark brown sheet. I shook off as much as possible and re-washed. It came out alright the second time. DH quickly turned the tp holder back to the original pointing away from the toilet and we have had no more problems. LOL RVing always an adventure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzyQ View Post
We has a little problem but no big deal. Shortly after getting our coach, DH knocked the toilet paper holder off. He then put it back but the hook now pointed toward the toilet. While loading the king size bottom sheet into the washer the whole roll of toilet paper came off and was loaded in the washer. It completely dissolved as RV paper will and I had quite a mess in with our dark brown sheet. I shook off as much as possible and re-washed. It came out alright the second time. DH quickly turned the tp holder back to the original pointing away from the toilet and we have had no more problems. LOL RVing always an adventure.

I bet that was a mess! Our holder is broken as well ... kinda just hanging there and then the roll points one way, then another. One of these days I will fix it somehow. In the meantime, when doing laundry, I'll make sure the roll is still on the holder and not in the washer!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:44 PM   #17

We never installed the toilet paper dispenser in the back bath. It was not mounted when the coach arrived and that was due to there being differences in where the owner wanted it mounted according to our "PDI" tech. We considered all the possibilities and decide there WAS NO GOOD PLACE for the toilet paper dispenser in our 44B, so we went with a floor or counter type paper towel type dispenser. It is heavy metal and staineless steel and designed to hold a roll of paper towels on a kitchen counter. However, it also holds 3 rolls of tp stacked on top of each other (always a couple of spares..... ) and ours is heavy stainless and simply rides on the tile floor near the shower. Works much better than the toilet paper holder would have worked. Take my advice, get rid of the original and try this strategy. Much better

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:24 AM   #18

I had out toilet paper role holder mounted to the back left (between shower and toilet ) it works well for us the only issue we have is with the hall bath when the toilet is flushed you can REALLY smell what ever is in the black tank ( weather it be water and pine power or poop) anyone ealse have this issue?
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #19

Rexhall Owners Group
Ooh wait a minute!!!! With the thread title "44B" I expected something totally different.
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I had out toilet paper role holder mounted to the back left (between shower and toilet ) it works well for us the only issue we have is with the hall bath when the toilet is flushed you can REALLY smell what ever is in the black tank ( weather it be water and pine power or poop) anyone ealse have this issue?

No, I have not found that. Is the macerator working?
Old 08-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The problem could be with your black tank vent which is in the 1/2 bath cabinet towards the outside wall of the motorhome. The ones installed can stick and allow smell into the 1/2 bath area.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry, my question was about the macerator and I didn't read that you were talking about the half bath. I know the macerator is only in the full bathroom in the back.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
The problem could be with your black tank vent which is in the 1/2 bath cabinet towards the outside wall of the motorhome. The ones installed can stick and allow smell into the 1/2 bath area.
I plan to check that this weekend but the smell is coming from the toilet not from under the sink , can that valve under the sink stick and cause pressure in the tank?
Old 08-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #24
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I plan to check that this weekend but the smell is coming from the toilet not from under the sink , can that valve under the sink stick and cause pressure in the tank?
Don't believe that valve can do anything to pressurize the tank. I think that device is an "air admittance valve" who's purpose is to break vacuum on the sink drain line so that the water is not sucked out of the J-trap by a siphon effect. If it sticks open it will allow vapors back up from the tank to get under the sink. If it sticks closed it could possibly allow the J-trap to drain out and vapors come out of the sink itself.

I stand ready to be corrected on all that - I'm not 100%, but fwiw...
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Don't believe that valve can do anything to pressurize the tank. I think that device is an "air admittance valve" who's purpose is to break vacuum on the sink drain line so that the water is not sucked out of the J-trap by a siphon effect. If it sticks open it will allow vapors back up from the tank to get under the sink. If it sticks closed it could possibly allow the J-trap to drain out and vapors come out of the sink itself.

I stand ready to be corrected on all that - I'm not 100%, but fwiw...
I plan to remove the valve this week end and immediately flush the toilet to see 7f it makes any difference.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #26

Quote:

Suzzy, we have found for the last 3 years that any house brand of single roll tissue will work and a Whole Lot Cheaper

Randy and Beverly Tittle - '14 Aspire 44B - towing '06 Ford Expedition - canine sidekicks Iggi and Gigi
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #27

Quote:

Suzzy, we have found for the last 3 years that any house brand of single roll tissue will work and a Whole Lot Cheaper😀

Randy and Beverly Tittle - '14 Aspire 44B - towing '06 Ford Expedition - canine sidekicks Iggi and Gigi
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote