Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, is this something new or has it been happening since new?
New issue for me Chuck. Never had items in the drawers heat up like they do now. Had to remove creams and other items as they want to liquify.
LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Wonder if the circulation pump is stuck on? I can fell the heat register with my toes is the rear bath, but not like you describe. Might try shutting everything down, breakers and switch by the door, and turn off the AH for a minute or so and re-boot.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Wonder if the circulation pump is stuck on? I can fell the heat register with my toes is the rear bath, but not like you describe. Might try shutting everything down, breakers and switch by the door, and turn off the AH for a minute or so and re-boot.
I will give that a try in the morning. Thanks
Old 04-05-2018, 01:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Easy fix, the best kind.
We are up in the air for summer travel, still waiting for a date for the new coach. From NIRVC we will stay a week in Stone Mountain, then head north to maybe the Civil War battle fields, then maybe Watkins Glen, NY. Still not sure yet, how about you?
Chuck you guys are getting a new Coach??? What are you moving into.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:07 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVUS101 View Post
Chuck you guys are getting a new Coach??? What are you moving into.
A "B" and why I have an interest in your post. If the problem is new, Mark had a good idea. While parked with the AH off, check the panel above the AH and see there there are any green lights of something running. Another one I am scratching my head on, why is it getting so hot if it has never done that before? Even with the AH running we have never had things melt in the drawer(s)
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #20

Jim

We never had that problem in our identical Anthem. Yes, the right side of the kitchen counter top (nearest to the pantry) would get warm (set no chocolate in that area!) during the winter with the AquaHot running and floor heat on high. However, in 3 years we never noticed any warming in the bathroom vanity area or any problem (actually noticed NOTHING unusual) with stuff stored in the bath vanity. Can’t help, but definitely something wrong in your situation. Have you called EC CS? They might have an idea, although no guarantee in my exoeri3nce.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #21

Have 18 44b. Floor in bath gets very hot after long run. Really think it’s hot enough to radiate up and cause heating cabinets above. Just stopped for the night in Texarkana and found floor hot and vanity. After engine cools, all goes to normal. Remember the size of that piece of iron under the floor that’s running about 200 degrees all day.
56corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:19 PM   #22

I dont think Jim is talking about his bathroom vanity getting hot when he is traveling down the road.....but instead, when he is parked and connected to shorepower.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:48 AM   #23

Just bought a 2014 Aspire 44B from NIRVC in Phoenix and we had the same problem. It ended up that the motherboard was bad and it was telling the pump to constantly run and the first place the water lines go was to the back vanity. After they replaced the motherboard the problem went away.
welcher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:22 AM   #24

Actually was describing scenario while driving and during cool down period. Vanity gets warm but didn’t mean to imply warm enough to affect vanity contents. Our Monico Windsor did the same for many years but only provided warm clothes with the closet being in the rear. By the way, our drive axle slid sideways about 8 inches in Arizona. Spent 28 days at Massey’s in Phoenix. Only 6000 miles on coach, I’ll post that story when I can.
56corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #25

Update, after turning off the basement thermostat I thought it would stop the heat build up in the rear bathroom. This step did not work. I went out to the Aqua Hot and can see that pump 2 is on. Green light and pump movement by touch. Heat is off on thermostat in Coach. I contacted my Aqua Hot technician Lloyd De Gerald down in Arkansas. He told me to disconnect the pump by disconecting the blue wire. There was no blue wire so I disconnected the dark wire. The pump is now off.
Ok so now what is causing this. History on our Aqua Hot.

When we went to Middlebury for our 2 year PDI last March we had problems with the aqua hot. We had no heat most of the time as the board read low tank cutoff. In other words the system would work for an hour or so and then shut off again. The tech at Middlebury was unable to correct our problem. The system continued to read low tank cut off but the problem would come and go. There was enough fluid in the system that there should not have been a low tank cut off signal. The sensor was replaced.
Entegra could not figure it out after two weeks they asked us to drive to Colorado to have the aqua hot factory in Colorado look at the system.
Entegra told DW and I that they had contacted aqua hot about our problem and kept them up-to-date on all of the issues that we were having to include what they had done while there for PDI. When we spoke to Aqua Hot they told us entegra never contacted them and had not send them any info on our system. Something's not right about that.
We ask Aqua Hot if there was somebody closer to the direction we were going (Texas) and that they had faith in as we would not be driving towards Colorado until October. They sent us to Arkansas to have it repaired by Lloyd de Gerald.

When we drove to Arkansas low tank cut off continued. Lloyd got it up and running. Lloyd said it was the wiring harness or the main board or both as he had to switch some wires around to get us heat. We left Arkansas and never turned the heat back on until we needed it this winter at Quartzsite. The number two pump has been running ever since it appears. Once again it appears the system has NOT been corrected since the factory PDI.

Really not into long explanations but I thought I would lay out some of the history. The system has never been right and now we are playing with wires!!!

A little additional information from Aqua Hot. There is a pump called a slave pump on the passenger side of the Coach about halfway from the front that is used to boost the Aqua Hot fluid when your heating the front of your Coach using Pump #1. This slave pump is wired into your mainboard so that when you turn on your pump #1 it helps deliver the fluid throughout the Coach for both floor heat and heat that comes out of your front registers. The hot wire and the ground wire are tied into your pump #1 positive and pump #1 negative on your main board of your Aqua Hot panel.
Lloyd had found this set of wires not connected correctly on our visit to Arkansas. Entegra installs this additional wiring not Aqua Hot to work in our type of heating systems. I can't load any pictures as I am working off cell phone in Arizona.
Has anyone had similar issues with any of this. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcher13 View Post
Just bought a 2014 Aspire 44B from NIRVC in Phoenix and we had the same problem. It ended up that the motherboard was bad and it was telling the pump to constantly run and the first place the water lines go was to the back vanity. After they replaced the motherboard the problem went away.
Welcher I just saw this. Sounds about right for our current problem. Thanks for the info.

Tags
heat