Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
45Y Storage Space

For those who need more pantry and storage space the 45Y is the answer!

I don’t recall seeing one at the Tampa Super Show and saw one for the first time this week. An amazing amount of storage space. It has both TV on televator and fireplace. Bathroom is great and has toilet in separate room from shower so it is almost like having a half bath. Looking at the floor plan does not adequately show how much storage, as well as big hamper.

Now if only it were available in an Anthem I might have to consider it next year!
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I was also very surprised and disappoint that only one of the new floor plans, the W, was on display at the Tampa show. I am also looking forward to seeing a Y and an X. Thanks for the report.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I can attest to the amazing storage a space in the Y, both in the coach and in the basement. We aren’t full timers but put everything in our DEQ in our Y, added more and still have lots of space left over. We feel the 1/2 bath is just another toilet to clean! 4+ years of RVing with one toilet and I have yet to pee in the bushes. :-)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Well for me the bushes are almost a preference but that aside, the comments about the storage are totally on target. We - and especially DW - love all the storage. We're sadly packrats but we still have empty space. The living/dining areas are clearly larger thanks to not putting space into the extra bath.

We had one of the old XL's and we jumped at this one. May not be for everyone but we really don't spend that much time in the bathroom so this is the one for us. (We had the B and much prefer the Y.)
Old 02-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We followed up the Tampa show with a service visit to Lazydays. They had a Y, which would make one wonder why it was not at the Tampa show. Having nothing to do while in service, our entertainment is to check out all the RV's. The Y was a bit of an eye opener. The only two MH's we have had, both had 1/2 baths. The Y left us trying to decide the importance of that second bathroom. While it shares the back wall with the W/D as our B does, it seems to pick up enough storage options to possibly consider the smaller closet.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We had 2 bath and a half units before we discovered the extra space that can be had by giving up the little used half bath.
When we had the opportunity to participate in the design of the Y, we jumped at it! It does have an amazing amount of space!
I did discover one disadvantage to having a single bath when our one and only toilet started leaking
Another disadvantage is resale. Up until the Y, the single bath units don’t sell well so while a dealer will take your trade, they would much rather have a B and the trade in value they offer will reflect that. Hopefully that will change since the Y is selling well.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:52 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
We followed up the Tampa show with a service visit to Lazydays. They had a Y, which would make one wonder why it was not at the Tampa show. Having nothing to do while in service, our entertainment is to check out all the RV's. The Y was a bit of an eye opener. The only two MH's we have had, both had 1/2 baths. The Y left us trying to decide the importance of that second bathroom. While it shares the back wall with the W/D as our B does, it seems to pick up enough storage options to possibly consider the smaller closet.
JMO, but it was a total disservice to Entegra and potential buyers for LD to bring their left over models and not introduce the new models at the largest RV show in the nation. Especially when they had one in stock. I wonder how many orders they could have taken at the show for a new model floor plan???

After having our floor plan for 4 years, there is a lot we want to change, but without seeing it live, it's not happening.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
The X has mucho storage as well. Obviously laid out differently, but if you're interested in single bath, give it a look too. We sure do like ours
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
After having our floor plan for 4 years, there is a lot we want to change, but without seeing it live, it's not happening.

You should have come to Orange Beach a couple weeks ago, could have seen a Y up close!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:12 PM   #10

We just left Middlebury and toured the factory to see the new 19 models in the works. Cornerstone F plan was new for me and loved i5 with the theatre seats and true walk in closet. Also the added spice rack really frees up pantry space. The new digital cockpit blew me away. After they debug them for a year, will seriously consider[emoji41]
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, storage