Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I lost mileage when we traded our previous coach having a 450hp Cummins with the Cornerstone having a 600hp Cummins. 7 mpg would be awesome, but never haven’t done that good with the Cornerstone.

No one likes to waste money but our priority for mileage is for range. The better the mileage, the fewer visits to Pilot.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2019, 06:14 AM   #44

oh you will love some of the responses you will get I sure have. I like the guys and gals that rave they got over 9 mpg or if you worry about your mpg you can't afford the RV. Worry about mpg obviously you have never owned a larger boat I still have a 37 foot twin engine Sea Ray and I have never seen a mpg above 0.8 while I average about 7.5 with the motorhome. As they say, if you want to play your gonna pay !!!!!
Walt Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
In boating, it's how many gallons to the mile. In the MH I don't even worry until I see a drop knowing I have an ECM update problem., which I did requiring 23 updated. Millage increased from 5.6 to 7.3. back where it was suppose to be.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Just made the trip from Navarre Fl to Ocala and managed 9.7mpg. Not too shabby. The second leg to Ft Lauderdale was not so good. Stop and go on Rt 27 milage dropped to 8.4. Still not terrible. Kept it under 60 the entire trip

Navarre to Ocala is flat ground and not many stops! Keep speed down to 55-60 and you will get record mileage!
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
2001 30ft Mirada (F53) over 15,000 miles, averaged 8.0mpg
1999 35ft Southwind (F53) over 10,000 miles, average 6.75 mpg
1999 Southwind (F53), after exhaust stud work, installed long headers, Over 7,500 miles, averaged 7.00 mpg. (The headers gave me about 20 hp and a little better fuel economy.)

Upgrade report – A little more power and better fuel economy – 1999 Southwind 35S

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #48

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Worry about mpg obviously you have never owned a larger boat
Or an airplane.. :-)

LongEZ Aircraft (160 hp)
Sea level full throttle - 12 gallons per hour (230 mph)
23,000 ft full throttle - 5 gph (300 mph with tail wind)
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #49

Never had bigger than a 40'. Now, I have a 24' Sprinter and routinely get 19-21 MPG at 60-65MPH. Of course it's not nearly as livable as the big rigs but I don't use it as I did the bigger rigs. It is used primarily for the commute from WA o AZ and back with short 3-4 day outings during the year. And I don't have a toad anymore either. Different strokes for different folks eh?
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #50

So true. These reports of fuel economy are meaningless until you get into the Rockies. I can get 10 on flat terrain. I average 7.3 since I am in the Rockies at all times these days.
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #51
GKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
It feels good to get the best mileage possible imo... just because you can afford to own one of these beauties doesn’t mean you should not pay attention to your mileage... after all being a smart consumer and maximizing functions all your life is probably why you can a afford this lifestyle in the first place... at least for most of us... I also drive right by the rip off flying j and make the effort to save .50 cents a gallon down the street...can I afford the high price diesel. yes but saving 80.00 bucks on the fill up just feels good..jmo

I agree with your attitude. I lived in a county in California where the county owned all the airports and boat marinas. It was a constant war of battling the county in trying to hold the constant rate increases at all of these facilities. The aircraft owners and pilots, of which I was one, were by far the most aggressive in fighting rate increases and turned out in numbers for the fight. The boat and yacht owners always quietly took the increases with no objections which was viewed as damaging to the common effort. I had a personal friend who was one of the yacht set and I asked him why no pushback on accepting these rate increases. He told me no one would step up for fear of appearing to the rest that they couldn’t afford the costs of ownership. The pilots on the other hand didn’t give a hoot what anyone thought. Many owned multi million dollar jets and could easily absorb rate increases but it just wasn’t in their DNA to hold still for it. I think the vast majority of high end coach owners feel the same way and don’t go into ownership thinking they will be buying an economy vehicle and expect great mileage numbers. On the other hand you would be a fool not to be curious about other owners experience and how they achieve their mileage numbers. In the end, I’m sure we all say it is what it is and go down the road. Some believe it is cool to say “If you have to ask what it costs you can’t afford it”.
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Unless you have some type of mechanical issue, your fuel mileage is what it is. There's really isn't anything you can do to change it other than slow down. So as long as I don't suspect a mechanical problem or a fuel leak, I don't give fuel mileage a thought. I've got enough things to worry about without fretting over something that I can't control..
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Not quite on topic but...
We just took delivery of a new Newmar Bay Star Sport 3014 and noticed on the expressway that the rpms didn’t match my 2013 Thor ACE. The obvious difference is that the Thor has a 5 speed trans & the 2019 has a 6 speed.
2013....2000 rpm at 65 mph
2019....2000 rpm at 60 mph, 2250 at 65 mph
This difference will lower mileage.
The rpm difference is about the change that happens when the trans locks for cruising.
Could it be that the trans is not locking up? Or doesn’t the 6 speed do an obvious lock up?
Anyone have similar experience going from 5 speed to 6 speed?
Thanks,
Harry
Old 05-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #54

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but I'm really tired of opinions that seem to criticize people for being concerned about their mileage. Comments like "You have to pay to play, or If you buy an RV you shouldn't care about the cost to drive it" I feel are just plain wrong. I'm very concerned about my mileage. I have friends that don't care. Friends that drive their DP's 70-75 and don't worry about their mileage. That is certainly their right and I'll never criticize them for it. Personally, I try to get the best mileage I can. That's just my thing. I have a 38' DP Bounder and driving between 1500-1600 rpm (2008 peak torque curve is 1500 rpm) with my Allison 3000 in ECO mode gets me in 6th at around 55mph. My recent trip from NE Wisconsin to Yuma, AZ and back seemed consistently at 10.5 mpg at fillup. My dash computer and ScanGuage show higher. My best leg was just over 600 miles at 12.5 mpg (favorable winds) and worst was 8 flat after filling up with B20 Illinois and stiff head winds.

I don't mean to demean anyone but kudos to those that try and get the best economy. My Opinion Only

Steve
stevewitt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:15 PM   #55

I require at least 9.8 mpg. If I get less than that I park it and wait until a following wind come ups so my mileage improves. Kind of nice to take these breaks because my wife and I like to play dominoes.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:34 PM   #56

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote