Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Shop WEB Web Vent Register Filter at Lowes.com BE CAREFUL do not overtighten as most of my screws are driven in sideways to grab the smallest piece of insulation.
Thanks. Just bought them.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Just did mine today. You have to cut a couple inches off the length and about 3/4 inch off the width. Hope Entegra comes out with some kind of easier retrofit. Doing twelve of those things takes some time, not to mention that the screws will eventually wear out the holes.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I just finished using the vacuum on the filters this afternoon

I don't want to pull out the screws and put them back in--don't like that design

I will try and get that retrofitted during my PDI next year.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyB View Post
One of the factory reps. At Summerfest said it was only necessary to clean the a/c filters about every 2 yrs. then only vacuum one side. I know this has got to depend upon how much you use your coach (with a/c running), dusty. Conditions ect ect. Seems a bit long am I missing something? Also had conversation about the difficulty in getting the screws back into the original holes. Comments please.
I have gone 2 months in the winter but... Let me tell you what happens if I go too long.

NIAGRA FALLS

As the filters (And I have BIG filters being as it is ducted system) start to load up and clog, a partial vacuum exists above them, this sucks the water out of the drip tray and you will hear it gurgling.. Then when you shut down the blower... NIAGRA FALLS that is the water drops down on the intake filter and whatever is below takes a shower.

now days I INSPECT every month and if they need it clean them.

Today... I have had issues with one A/C tripping the 20 amp branch breaker.. Confirmed yesterday it was the A/C not the breaker (Metered it) So today I beat the sun to the top of the roof (Dawn, not yet sunrise) and pulled the covers and cleaned the condenser coils off, they needed it but I've seen worse,,, Replaced covers and came back down and re-started it. Only hit about 84 out today but ... no click of circuit breaking.

Will be a few days before I know for sure but I think I fixed it.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Curt, when I took down the ones I vacuumed yesterday, they did not show much effect from the vacuum. If you are carefull with the screws, it should not be a problem for a while. Be sure to use a number 2 robertson square drive. That way you will not mar the screw heads. The time factor is longer than it should take to clean/replace filters.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #20

Hey just thinking out loud if we get another set of plates and went right over the original ones with the right looking frame spacer of some sort may not look to shabby. with Velcro would be the cats meow to change mine seem quieter with the new filter membranes
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Johnny, it also looks like the one you posted can be washed in the top rack of the dishwasher. I have a package on hand now and when I change them I will try the dirty ones in the dishwasher then I install a new set.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #22

great idea, then store em for emergency
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote