Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #1

A/C Vibration (Rear)

Working bugs out of new to me 2018 Cornerstone (Under warranty). The rear AC is significantly noisier that my allegro bus or the other coach air conditioners. Vibration transmitting through rear of coach. Significant at entrance to rear bath. Is this "normal" - just does not seem right. The tech here at NIRVC Phoenix has worked on the insulation (not sure exactly what he has done as I could visually inspect) He is obviously knowledgeable engaged. Could my expectation be off and it is just the way the way the unit is mounted to the roof structure??
Fergtiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
There have been some issues on earlier ACs when a blade has broken off the fan on the compressor. Did they check that?
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:19 AM   #3

I know he had the shroud off and put new foam in so I am sure he visually inspected fan. I am impressed with tech (Radley at NIRVC Phoenix) May have to compare with another Cornerstone to see if this is normal. My bride says it is not
Old 05-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
On my 14 the fan mounting bolts were loose with one the A/C missing 2 bolts, that was the noise one. Other have reported damaged squirrel cage fans have caused vibration. Being new, it might be out of balance, bad castings do happen

Here is one post as an example. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/anot...ml#post3328386
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #5

The out of balance condition fits my instincts. Thanks! Will follow up on tip
Old 05-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergtiffin View Post
The out of balance condition fits my instincts. Thanks! Will follow up on tip
I had a plastic molded product for 18 years. Not unusual to have a bad one get through the line. If the mold cooled to much between cycle, unbalanced molded finished product. It may look good but the plastic did flow 100%
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #7

To ck if it’s the squirrel cage fan just turn on fan. Squirrel cage is the only thing that will run. My guess is that it is the squirrel cage fan if there’s a vibration.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration