Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 06:59 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Back in 2003 I bought my first coach. I intended to buy late model used, but advertised prices for used coaches were absurdly high, sometimes more than the cost of a new coach, so I bought new instead. It seems like the same thing is going on today, and I think the lesson you have to take from it is that most of these coaches sell for way less than the advertised price. There are some exceptions, such as Chuck, whose coach was in virtually new condition. But I cannot believe the average used coach buyer is paying almost the same price as a new coach.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2018, 05:23 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Mark, what you are saying is a very good reason why this time around I found the used coach market very slow. Buyers are in used stick shock and purchasing new. I had a friend that called last week and is doing just that.

I am from the school, price it sell and stand firm. The right priced item will get more calls. Pricing it at a "negotiation price" may eliminate many buyers out of their search price range or move the buyer on to purchase new. If a purchasers limit is $250,000 then anything over his search range is eliminated when MH's are searched on sites even though the seller will take less, the search engine does not know that.
I wish we had a site other then MHS that published real sold prices.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:55 AM   #31

I see tons of 15 Anthems on the market right now and tons of 2015 Cornerstones on the market right now. I think that the new market is very hot and the time to sell this time around seems to be about 3 years. If you are in the market for a used Cornerstone or Anthem, there were a bunch out there... MHS for instance has a lot of 14, 15, 16 trades and I assume that they are selling a ton of 19 coaches. I think that is equally true with NIRVC. My Anthem sold in less than a month. It was a good coach and someone got an excellent coach at what I think was its selling price. I would guess the selling process via RV Trader was slow in that there is a lot of competition in that vintage.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #32

Also, something to remember is that there are buyers who have no idea what to expect regarding dealer discounts on new coaches.

Many new coaches on RVT are priced at, or just below suggested price - it’s up to the buyer to negotiate from that starting point.

Ex: one of my best friends is a long-time camper - always in a trailer. When he changed over to a motorhome, the first new coach he asked me about had a “whopping” 10% off MSRP, and he really thought the dealer was giving him a smoking deal.

Despite his excitement to make the move immediately, I talked him into shopping around, and he eventually found the same coach in the 25% off retail range.

I imagine some used sellers might have paid much closer to MSRP than necessary, while others are banking on buyer ignorance of available discounts on new units… Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote