Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2018, 06:10 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
A few things about RV Trader this time around.

Pricing your coach right is #1 or the phone will not ring, I don't care how many extras, mods, free stuff given with the sale, it only matters if the phone rings.

Pricing that worked for me was in the middle of high and low NADA, then subtracted 2% to get in the middle price range of others on RV Trader. Condition and extras sold the MH to the first buyer.

Others will steal your photos for their ads then price their until below yours and sell it within 24 hours. Selling price not condition as they used your clean photos to advertise there units and cut the price.

Some dealers are pricing units below wholesale then playing false bidding games. Also advertising low prices, but tacking on all the dealer fees to bring the price up at the time of sale. These were relayed to me by callers, I am just passing on what was told to me about the dealer units priced $10,000 below everyone else. I am sure some of them really low balled the trade ins and just dumping the units not to have holding costs.

RV Trader was a different experience this time around, but it did work, just the market has changed from before. More MH's for sale, more competitive prices, more less honest sellers listed. JME.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had a similar experience with RV trader a year ago when I decided at the last minute to try to sell my 07' Travel Supreme Alante' rather than trade it in for my new Cornerstone. I figured anything i could sell it for above the trade value plus the sales tax value would be "gravy". There weren't many clean Alantes' on the market at the time so it was worth a shot. Sold it the next day for 25K more than I was offered for the trade in and sales tax value. Price them right and they will sell!
Petek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:49 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Wow Chuck, you sold that fast. I want to hire you when it is time to sell mine!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Wow Chuck, you sold that fast. I want to hire you when it is time to sell mine!
More than happy to help.
From my old Real Estate days, there are 3.5 reasons a property won't sell. Location, location, location and price.
The purchaser was from Tampa and did not want to travel all over the nation to be disappointed. (location)
Priced in the middle of the market, great value with all the extras and upgrades, did not negotiate price even though buyer asked. (price was a win-win) Though the market was a little lower than I thought.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation Chuck! Now it's all just waiting for the new coach! If you miss working on a coach during your wait, remember we're only an hour away and still here for another 3 weeks! I'm sure you could manage half a dozen mods in that time! 🤣
hdgoldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Congratulation Chuck! Now it's all just waiting for the new coach! If you miss working on a coach during your wait, remember we're only an hour away and still here for another 3 weeks! I'm sure you could manage half a dozen mods in that time! 🤣

I would second that thought Chuck. I know you want to get out of the oppressive Florida heat and our summers are usually in the 70's so it's real comfortable up here in the summer. I really need to get those side turn signals set so just let me know when you want to cool off!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
HA! I still have the side turn signals sitting in the box not even put together yet. I forgot how much work it is unloading and selling a MH, but profitable.

I know for a fact, the 19 is going to have a lot less mods, they are not worth anything except for personal enjoyment.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Congrats on selling your coach so quickly. I'm getting ready to trade up, so I need to list mine soon too.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
Congrats on selling your coach so quickly. I'm getting ready to trade up, so I need to list mine soon too.
Thank you. That was kind of the reason for this post as the new models are hitting the dealers, others are going to be selling. This time on RV Trader was slower than I have seen in the past... "pricing for offers" puts most out in left field. Pricing right and standing firm worked.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Chuck!
I knew it wouldn’t take you long. Now we can both look at empty hangars for awhile. At least yours will be a month less than mine now.
Best of luck on the new Cornerstone
Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats Chuck, looking forward to following your posts on the new coach. I expect your delivery and make ready will be 100% better than before - you deserve it!
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Mwoodofd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #12

Nice job Chuck.
Same thing happened with my Tiffin.
Sold it over Nada Retail because it was very clean and good shape. Showed nice as well.
Took a little longer but I wasn't in a hurry.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:07 AM   #13

CONGRATS Chuck ! Looking forward to you having a much better experience this time as we're sure you both are also !
Old 05-19-2018, 06:12 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
What is the expected delivery date Chuck? Hope you guy's are not stuck at home all summer..........