Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2021, 05:45 PM   #71

According to my repair shop it looks like I have joined the ranks of "defective DEF heads". My 2016 Anthem 42 DEQ was indicated to have a 4 Series head and the indicated replacement has a part number of DM 501-2206A765 but with all of the problems indicated for the 5 series I am reluctant to order this part. Spartan has initially said that my unit does not take the Series 7 that people have referenced but I am having Spartan check with Shaw on this.
Does anyone know if there are different units within each series. Spartan has indicated that they have had few problems with the DM 501-2206A765 which they indicate as the replacement for my unit. My 5 year emissions warranty expired in October just after having to replace the defective rad.
Zevkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2021, 06:50 AM   #72

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevkel View Post
According to my repair shop it looks like I have joined the ranks of "defective DEF heads". My 2016 Anthem 42 DEQ was indicated to have a 4 Series head and the indicated replacement has a part number of DM 501-2206A765 but with all of the problems indicated for the 5 series I am reluctant to order this part. Spartan has initially said that my unit does not take the Series 7 that people have referenced but I am having Spartan check with Shaw on this.
Does anyone know if there are different units within each series. Spartan has indicated that they have had few problems with the DM 501-2206A765 which they indicate as the replacement for my unit. My 5 year emissions warranty expired in October just after having to replace the defective rad.
Lots of information regarding the Gen 7 DEF heads which was first discovered and reported in this post. Might be worth filing with the NHTSA since it is now out of pocket. If nobody makes reports nothing will ever get done. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/def...sa-518276.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:03 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevkel View Post
Though your coach is a 2016 model, it is very likely your DEF head and engine are from 2015 or earlier. That means the issues which cropped up and has generated 7 revisions of the DEF head probably do not apply to yours. It was the new requirement to have the head also sense DEF concentrations that produced the newer heads, beginning in the 2016 model year, and has resulted in Spartan's constant revisions.

It's good to confirm your suspicions, but if I am correct, your system will not use the newer heads.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:32 AM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Thus far, I have not seen mentioned that the big engine and little (well, not so big) have different DEF tanks,(15 gal vs 10), so I assume that the part numbers will be different. When a friend with a Tiffin had the failure, he first received the part for the smaller tank which would not work in his.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:49 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Lots of information regarding the Gen 7 DEF heads which was first discovered and reported in this post. Might be worth filing with the NHTSA since it is now out of pocket. If nobody makes reports nothing will ever get done. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/def...sa-518276.html
Chuck - I will definitely be filing a report, thank you for the link.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
Though your coach is a 2016 model, it is very likely your DEF head and engine are from 2015 or earlier. That means the issues which cropped up and has generated 7 revisions of the DEF head probably do not apply to yours. It was the new requirement to have the head also sense DEF concentrations that produced the newer heads, beginning in the 2016 model year, and has resulted in Spartan's constant revisions.

It's good to confirm your suspicions, but if I am correct, your system will not use the newer heads.
Larry - yes the build date was spring of 2015 and in-service date October 2015
Old 04-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #77

Another question for all to ponder or one to answer: Since the DEF Sensor measures the concentrate of the DEF Fluid could this be caused by the evaporation of the water out of the fluid while sitting in warm areas changing the concentration ?
smalinky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #78

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Evaporation in a closed container would not seem to be of any significant value. The def fluid itself is warmed by transfer of a engine coolant line keeping it warmed for use. I would think the measurements of concentration would be in reference to the atomizer effect that the pump itself was performing. Overall this would seem to be something a competent engineer could resolve in R&D prior to production. Being at level 7 of attempts to resolve this seems sad.
Mikenat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led