Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
I probably can, but I decided not to

Thanks guys & gals😀
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post

Perhaps those of you that have newer trouble free coaches, should buy Chuck a beer to acknowledge his sacrifice helping Entegra build a more trouble free coach.
Gary, thank you, and the others that realize that I have kept my issues in front of Entegra trying to get better coaches built for others. I have not stated any problems without photos made public to others in hopes those problem never leave the factory again.

Hopefully I have helped others with the problem I have discovered and repairs or modified with my coach I have made, if not.......please pass the Kool-Aide, so far I haven't been offered a glass.

The DW and I have discussed a 2016 Cornerstone, but I am going to have to see the improvements on the road reports before that will happen.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE:

I jacked the coach up today and found all of the coolant hose clamps torgue marks to be wimpy! I did find evidence of seepage on the bottom hose. Thanks to the recommendations from others, all of the hose clamps need to be tightened. I'll see on the next leg if that was the problem. Thanks to all for the helpful, positive input.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #32

Chuck, hats off to you my friend. Nobody has had the problems you have had and amazingly you have maintained a great, positive attitude about Entegra. I will honestly post my experiences with my new Cornerstone for you and all to see. My 15 Cornerstone has been very good but certainly not perfect. My 16 will not be perfect but if it is as good as my 15, with no shade motor problems and no leaks I will be a happy camper, if not, you and Entegra will hear from me! I EXPECT them to keep getting better about putting out error free coaches at delivery. I understand vendor item breaking down but at delivery everything should work right. JMHO 🚌🚓

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 09-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #33

Chuck

Hope that your clamp tightening does the trick. If it does not, then I would encourage you to have the coolant system pressure tested. Takes about 5 minutes and you can buy the pressure test gear yourself if you want to do it periodically. Little more than a radiator cap with a manual pressure pump connected. I could not find my radiator leak until it was pressure tested by Cummins and then the leak was obvious. Where to look is in the tray at the bottom of the radiator (for a leak in the radiator itself). It is hard to see from outside/above, but coolant was also clearly running out of that tray and dripping down to the bottom of the tray where it dried and left the white residue others have talked about. Good luck.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
I have a complete radiator pressure tester at home. If the clamp tightening did not work, we are making an appointment with our selling dealer to have several items taken care of on the way home, the coolant leak is on that list. It's times like this I am glad that Entegra has a 2 year warranty, with dealer service. My one year was up in May.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
UPDATE:

I jacked the coach up today and found all of the coolant hose clamps torgue marks to be wimpy! I did find evidence of seepage on the bottom hose. Thanks to the recommendations from others, all of the hose clamps need to be tightened. I'll see on the next leg if that was the problem. Thanks to all for the helpful, positive input.
Chuck - that was my experience. I added a second clamp to some of the larger lines as well (belt and suspenders approach). Seems to have fixed it for me - knock on wood.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #36

If the EGR cooler is leaking internally, the coolant will enter the crankcase and be turned to steam and vent out. It is difficult to determine if you have such a leak. Things to look for are a drop in fuel mileage and some loss of turbo boost. This type of internal leak is not that common, but it seems to be happening more often among my MH friends than in the past. Even had a friend with a Liberty Provost that had the EGR cooler start leaking recently.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #37

I believe that what Mississipi has said in his post is what happened with us. Spartan was unable to find it but Bridgeway Cummins spotted it and made the EGR repair. I was adding about a quart per 400 miles or so. I had my radiator replaced this spring also so it was a mystery to me as I could not find a coolant leak. They had to do a oil change also as the engine oil was contaminated by the leak. I paid my $100.00 deductible and was happily on my way. I believe the cost was in excess of $3,500 so I am glad Cummins bit the bullet and not me.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:40 PM   #38

I have been losing about 16 oz. (gatorade bottle) of coolant every 700 miles or so but no sign of a leak. I have an appointment at Cummins Southern Plains later this month and had a pressure test on the list of things to do.

Got back from a 600 mile trip this morning and did a walk around before putting the coach in the garage. Lo and behold a 3" puddle of coolant under the radiator. I pulled the coach into the garage and 30 minutes later no sign of a drip. I don't know if it sitting at the just the right angle or what for the puddle to show up. Everything was still hot so I didn't get under the coach to check for hose clamps. Looked at the sight glass before I left and I would say it's about a gatorade bottle low.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coolant Drip.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	106320  
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:20 AM   #39
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
With my radiator leak coolant would collect in that decorative cover that hides the frame around the bottom of radiator, and in that frame itself and then drip/run out the front or rear of the cover depending on the slope the coach is sitting on.

(Posted via iOS App)
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE:

After tightening all of the coolant hose clamps, none which were ever wet, but the lower radiator hose did show stains....seemed to have solved the problem. 500 miles and a couple of small passes and the coolant level is still full.

The factory marked torque lines are under torqued and the hoses do need to be tightened. Thanks to those the pointed out the problem.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #41

Engines should not "use" coolant. The cooling system is supposed to be closed, with no coolant going into the engine or the exhaust system. If it's losing coolant, there's a leak someplace.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Had the same issue Chuck when our coach was new. Pressure check to be sure. Solved our problem 15K later and all is well.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote