Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2018, 07:09 PM   #15

No Password, but unless I have not found out how to do it yet there is also no display of the Spartan fault codes, like we had on the old style analog dash. All I think that I can get is an idiot light or a "warning" message but have not found how to get the level of specificity that I used to have on mty 2015 Anthem. If anyone knows how to do it, please tell me.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, the instruction in the previous post is where Spartan had me pull up the code. My fault code was SPN 1807 FM1 13. This is the code for my ATC light staying on. If you are looking for the codes for the lights, that is how to get to the code.

Here is a photo of the Spartan code and how it will look. With the new dash, nothing to look up, it's printed on the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-10-23 14.05.01-4.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	223933  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:36 PM   #17

Hmmmmmmmm, well I have been there and done that, and although I have had warnings and alerts in the past two weeks, there was nothing there. So, I guess all these problems are not showing in the diagnostics? I will look again, but sure didnt see anything the last time I looked. will look again.

Thanks

Gary
Old 10-27-2018, 05:15 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Hmmmmmmmm, well I have been there and done that, and although I have had warnings and alerts in the past two weeks, there was nothing there. So, I guess all these problems are not showing in the diagnostics? I will look again, but sure didnt see anything the last time I looked. will look again.

Thanks

Gary
Have you called Spartan to see if the codes are in a different location? What light do you have?
Old 10-27-2018, 05:33 AM   #19

Not to be negative but all that technology is great until it goes wrong and then its a nightmare. I hope you don't have to experience that. It is really cool by the way.
Coachmen Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:06 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachmen Joe View Post
Not to be negative but all that technology is great until it goes wrong and then its a nightmare. I hope you don't have to experience that. It is really cool by the way.
Good point, So far with the experience I have had, it's unplug and plug a new one in. I replaced the rotary knob that controls the digital dash, it was 3 nuts and a plug to replace.
I replaced the digital Drivers Info Center on my previous coach, it was also a couple of nuts and a plug. I have been told by those that have removed the digital dash, lots of wires, but probably plug and play to replace.

On my digital dash truck all problems have been corrected with the dealer flashing my computer. I am kind of sold on the digital era. As mentioned in the OP, I don't have to go to a Spartan shop to have the computer read only to be told I have to go to an alignment shop. If there is ever a problem, I will post that too, it's the only way we will learn about the digital dash in the new MH's
Old 10-27-2018, 06:57 AM   #21

Well, I am not ready to summarize and discuss my problems of the past couple of weeks, but one of them was a complete crash of the CMS and ACC system.That would make me extremely happy if the crash left the "Traditional Old Fashion Cruise Control" enabled and available, but it doesn't.... when it crashes, the whole damn thing goes away. 2/3 of it is a blessing from God to have disappear, but the Traditional Old Fashion Cruise Control is the one thing about it that I like.... and it crashes too. So, to summarize, the ACC system threw a fault, the CMS system threw a fault, the whole damn pain in the butt system stopped working, and I guess the Traditional Old Fashion Cruise System (from now on abbreviated: "TOFCS" )
apparently doesn't have to throw a fault, as it is so unimportant to all of this WABCO crap system that it didn't throw a code, just wasn't working.

And when I drove to another state to find a shop that had the software to "read" all the codes (and program the system, I think)) and they connected up the super duper software package (called the "Toolbox"), it also said there were no important failures other than a low voltage at some point ????, and the Spartan diagnostics also said there was nothing wrong, even though none of it worked.... NICE!!!! That is just GREAT!!

So, now I have left that state and back to Pennsylvania and it all has mysteriously started working again, with apparently no intervention by any outside numan or digital intervention ,,,, my best hypothesis is that if the whole system crashes, waiting a week for an appointment at a repair shop and that may be the "Cure".....
Not impressed in Pennsylvania !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am told by almost everyone at almost every company that they are aware that a whole lot of owners don't like this CMS and ACC system, but everyone looks at someone else and says "But if we tell you how to defeat all that safety stuff, we leave outselves open to legal liability for removing a safety feature.... apparently that is more important than buyers of their product being happy with their purchase.

Gary

Gary
Old 10-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
If my dislikes with the new systems superseded the likes, I will sell this coach and move on. I will not own a coach that I cuss ever time i get in it, did that for 2 years and I won't do it again. I like the CMS and the ACC so that will not be a reason I would sell. I went through Atlanta, the worst of the worst with no problems, then through Tampa on a weekend with beach traffic etc. The ACC drove the coach though and I didn't have to touch a peddle one, lane changed a couple of times as usual. That sold me.

Others might need to go back to the "way it was."
Old 11-06-2018, 04:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
No password needed, it's on the rotary switch. Settings/Diagnosis/OBD which stand for On Board Diagnosis.
Can this info be obtained through the manuals that come with the coach or ????
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Can this info be obtained through the manuals that come with the coach or ????
I read the dash manual the other night and I did not see it. When I called the tech I had been working with at Spartan on the ATC light, they had just learned of the proceedure from the dash company.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:29 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE:
The alignment code was correct. For those that said "wait until it stops working" you were correct. Clearing the alignment code turned out to be a nightmare. 4.5 hours on the phone with Spartan and Metitor the program manufacture....nobody knew how to clear the code. The manual is 200 printed pages that made no sense.
Went home with more error message than I arrived with, nothing worked to clear them at the shop, even 12v resets. Plugged in over night after restarting and checking again, still had the error code. Had an after hours text from NIRVC of someone to call that might be able to help. Went back the next morning to have all the codes in front of me and start making calls.....everything had cleared itself.

To some it up, being able to have codes to diagnose problems is great......finding someone that knows how to clear the code after the problem is corrected is going to be a serious problem.

Tags
dash, entegra