Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2022, 03:54 AM   #29

Nevertheless...my vegatouch has been updated to the current version and the nebula app is the current version yet the app still keeps showing the update screen. Selecting the "update now" does nothing as there is nothing to update. Must not be a problem that everyone is having.
roger8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2022, 05:47 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger8070 View Post
Nevertheless...my vegatouch has been updated to the current version and the nebula app is the current version yet the app still keeps showing the update screen. Selecting the "update now" does nothing as there is nothing to update. Must not be a problem that everyone is having.
Since you were standing next to the Vega Touch when selecting "update now" with your phone I am beginning to think the Nebula update is buggy. Is your phone an iPhone or Android? Mine is an Android, it took the update, but no longer works at home.

After updating the Nebula app to the Vega Touch, it has not worked for me remotely in two days. Not so sure the update is that great. I will go up to the MH tomorrow, reset the Nighthawk wifi router and try again. If not, it will be a call to Firefly. Day 3 just now, app attempted to connect again, then stopped without connecting.
With as quirky as this load is, I think the phones will be over loaded at Firefly. There are no instructions that one must be standing in front of the VT to work. I tried sitting in the AC truck parked in front of the MH. That was not close enough. Too bad Firefly did not put that on the "must update" page of the Nebula app. How many, not on this forum know, that and will be calling Firefly?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE:
Rebooted my wifi router, rebooted my phone, rebooted the Vega Touch and still cannot connect remotely with the Nebula app. Works fine in range of the Winegard, but will not connect via wifi. Have others that have loaded the Nebula update and able to connect remotely?

I called Firefly today, but it's normally 2 days before a call back.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:09 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Chuck, my connectivity is working fine on the latest update.

No issues from my ipad or iphone when connecting local or remote.

I did have a generator fail to start from the vega touch after the new load. Generator just blinked on the vega touch. But a 12V reboot fixed that issue.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:17 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Since you were standing next to the Vega Touch when selecting "update now" with your phone I am beginning to think the Nebula update is buggy. Is your phone an iPhone or Android?
I am using an iPhone. The app says that I am connected remotely but not connected to the coach wi-fi. I am not able to see the coach network from the app. Since I am full time have never tried to connect when away from the coach, but I don't see that function working. Buggy appears to be the case.
roger8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:11 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback. I will reboot the Winegard router today and see if that make a difference.

Roger, thanks for letting me know that there is possibly a bug and I am trying to fix the MH when it's not broken.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi Chuck - First I apologize for a typo in my post. My current version is 1.4.12. I got a little heavy handed on the keyboard.

There is a hardware issue. The Winegard Connect will transmit so that it can be seen on the laptop but it does not connect to the internet. The antenna on the roof thinks life is grand and has green lights. The wire that runs between the two has been checked and declared as OK. This coach came with a surprising number of electronic boards failed or failing (fan boards, GPS, toilet board, blind spot monitor controller etc.). The coach sat in the yard waiting for parts last November and December and I suspect that someone had to jump it to start and was sloppy and surged the system.

The dealer was willing to order a new basement unit but it would have added several more weeks to what turned out to be a 7 week PDI. They state they tried everything they could so I'm leaving it to the guys who built it. Meanwhile you can't believe the misbehavior of the Vega touch. I'm hoping an update will solve some of the issues like tank sensors, heating and cooling that change function all on it's own.
I guess I'm just venting but it's been a rough ride. Yet we do love this coach.

Tom
Tom;

Have you tried unplugging the network cable that runs into the Winegard WiFi router in the basement (last compartment before the fresh tank)? You may also have to unplug the power going in to the router. When plugging back in, power the router first and then plug the RJ45 cable in.

I also was having trouble with the Vegatouch Mira system, which I assume you are running, before I reset the Winegard. Once reset, it behave much better. I'm now running v2.14.
dives2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:34 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Drives2little - Thanks for the input. The unit in the basement has been started and restarted, the cable has had new ends put on it just in case. The antenna on the roof says everything is just fine and I can find the unit on my laptop and connect to it. It just will not connect to the internet. NIRVC worked on it when we picked up the coach and decided that there was something wrong with the unit in the basement. The wait for a replacement was just too long. The service center in Middlebury has it on their list but in the meantime I have all sorts of issues that hopefully some updates would help with in terms of resolution. It is hard for me to believe that there was not an alternate way to update the Vegatouch. BTW - the coach has had a number of 12 volt failures in various boards (fans, toilets,GPS, lane monitor controller etc.). I suspect that the batteries went flat while waiting for supply chain parts that were back ordered and someone boosted it to fire it up. There's a right way to do that! But then the outside shower appear to have not been winterized properly and split the faucet and valves.
It's all part of the new coach experience.

Tom
Old 05-25-2022, 10:14 AM   #37

Quote:
I received this on the VT Nebula app this morning. Also update to 1.5.3 is due. I will see what is needed to update the app.
I have a 2018 Anthem with VT. Could someone clue me in on the Nebula App? I'm new to VT, and am fumbling my way through the in's, and outs of the system. Thanks, David
Gowenfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:58 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowenfast View Post
I have a 2018 Anthem with VT. Could someone clue me in on the Nebula App? I'm new to VT, and am fumbling my way through the in's, and outs of the system. Thanks, David
The Nebula app wasn't introduced until 2019. It allows the VT to be controlled remotely on your phone via wifi.. I use mine to check if power is on at my storage location every morning, but lately the wifi is not being read.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:52 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I had been "offline" for over month when our roof top unit stopped working. Entegra just completed replacing the rooftop unit and I can now connect to the internet. I was able to update the VT to 1.5.3 without incident even though the VT software was several updates behind. I had been getting the iPhone update message prior to updating the VT and now I don't get it anymore. I was standing in front of the VT so maybe the phone app updated at the same time. Not sure.

One notable change in functionality is that I no longer see the internal Winegard network show up in the Network list, which is connected to my hotspot for internet access. I do see the hotspot network show up and I connect the VT to that, and all is good.

I saw a few replies that mentioned 1.5.4. Is this a typo? I don't see an update beyond 1.5.3.
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:30 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
DAY 6 and the Nebula app finally connected, but will not reconnect. I played telephone tag with Firefly all week until they shut their phones off at the end of the week. Still have not connected with Firefly and the Nubula app remotely is not usable. Sure glad this is a not situation that the coach is not usable as CS is almost non existent.

Paul, I have checked several times and 1.5.3 is he only version I have available as well. As for connection, my phone shows 4 bar standing at the antenna for the Winegard, but the VT only shows 1 bar on the screen for my wifi when it has always been 3 in the past. Maybe the Snowbirds took the cell signals with them when they left this year.
I have had the Nebula app trying to connect the entire time while typing this, still nothing.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Vega Nebulla update

Quote:
I did do the update, no problem. It stated it was for general maintenance, no corrections or floor plans listed..
At homecoming Firefly explained that the Vega needed WiFi for the update. Also that going forward Vega would have all floor plan data incorporated so that it’s logic would automatically configure the software. Currently the floor plan has to be chosen.
Mikenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:48 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenat View Post
At homecoming Firefly explained that the Vega needed WiFi for the update. Also that going forward Vega would have all floor plan data incorporated so that it’s logic would automatically configure the software. Currently the floor plan has to be chosen.
Floor plan is chosen on setup. In the past updates have stated what they are for and "if" floor plan specific. I do check mine from time to time and "B" floor plan has not changed. If there are more settings that Firefly is requiring, I have not seen where those could be chosen.