Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
A Vega Touch Update first

I received this on the VT Nebula app this morning. Also update to 1.5.3 is due. I will see what is needed to update the app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220519-121338_VegaTouch Nebula.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	365965  
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2022, 11:33 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Sorry to be slightly off topic. You guys are so lucky. I've had this coach since winter and due to an issue with the Winegard I can't even check, let alone update the Vega system. At present it is running on 1.14.12, not a great number. :>( It will be interesting in August when we go to Entegra and it is fixed to to see what actually does work on this coach. For the life of me I don't understand why they made the Winegard so integral to the electronics on this coach. It really doesn't need an update, it needs an exorcist.

Tom
Old 05-19-2022, 11:43 AM   #3

thanks brobox for letting us all know there is an update! Forgot to keep checking so appreciate the heads up!
lands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:11 PM   #4

I will forward this to Entegra and see what the new update version is and if they can tell me what they are updating. Have you performed this update yet?
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - Sorry to be slightly off topic. You guys are so lucky. I've had this coach since winter and due to an issue with the Winegard I can't even check, let alone update the Vega system. At present it is running on 1.14.12, not a great number. :>( It will be interesting in August when we go to Entegra and it is fixed to to see what actually does work on this coach. For the life of me I don't understand why they made the Winegard so integral to the electronics on this coach. It really doesn't need an update, it needs an exorcist.

Tom
Now that’s funny. Maybe you all will soon be able to charge lithium batteries.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:51 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE:

The app would not update remotely. I had to be standing next to the VT, selected "update now" and the app updated to the VT. The VT shut off just like doing an update. I did this after updating to 1.5.3 which loaded fine.
The app worked but very slow to load while at the storage property. I tried connection via cell on the way home and it would not connect on the 10 mile drive home. It did finally connect once home and on wifi. Not sure about the app update, it's not working well for me remotely.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 05-19-2022, 01:35 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been getting the same update request on my Nebula App when I access the vega touch remotely.

I have just been hitting remind me later for the last day or two. I would rather update my vega touch when standing in front of it.

Today I went to the Vega Touch and updated to 1.5.4. The update was fairly quick and seems to be working ok so far. I am not sure what changed in the update.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:42 PM   #8

Entegra has responded they don’t have any information on the update. I have to get with firefly. Guess I might have an answer by next week. I emailed my contact and will update when I found out more information. Stay tuned.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
I will forward this to Entegra and see what the new update version is and if they can tell me what they are updating. Have you performed this update yet?
I did do the update, no problem. It stated it was for general maintenance, no corrections or floor plans listed..
Old 05-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I have been getting the same update request on my Nebula App when I access the vega touch remotely.

I have just been hitting remind me later for the last day or two. I would rather update my vega touch when standing in front of it.

Today I went to the Vega Touch and updated to 1.5.4. The update was fairly quick and seems to be working ok so far. I am not sure what changed in the update.
Just like computers, 1.5.3 was outdated by the time I got home.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:20 PM   #11

PJ this am in a tech talk at HC said updates for you are coming very soon. I wasn’t paying too much attention to the details since it does not effect me but if you are version .14 or so, you are behind and should call and get some assistance from EC CS before the next updates.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 03:47 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I will also be at Entegra the week of the 23 in Aug.

Tom
Has Firefly tried to access your system remotely? They had to do that on my 19. I let to many updates pass before updating and everything locked up. If Firefly can access your system, the should be able to fix it.
Old 05-20-2022, 06:58 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Chuck - First I apologize for a typo in my post. My current version is 1.4.12. I got a little heavy handed on the keyboard.

There is a hardware issue. The Winegard Connect will transmit so that it can be seen on the laptop but it does not connect to the internet. The antenna on the roof thinks life is grand and has green lights. The wire that runs between the two has been checked and declared as OK. This coach came with a surprising number of electronic boards failed or failing (fan boards, GPS, toilet board, blind spot monitor controller etc.). The coach sat in the yard waiting for parts last November and December and I suspect that someone had to jump it to start and was sloppy and surged the system.

The dealer was willing to order a new basement unit but it would have added several more weeks to what turned out to be a 7 week PDI. They state they tried everything they could so I'm leaving it to the guys who built it. Meanwhile you can't believe the misbehavior of the Vega touch. I'm hoping an update will solve some of the issues like tank sensors, heating and cooling that change function all on it's own.
I guess I'm just venting but it's been a rough ride. Yet we do love this coach.

Tom
Old 05-20-2022, 08:30 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Chuck - First I apologize for a typo in my post. My current version is 1.4.12. I got a little heavy handed on the keyboard.

There is a hardware issue. The Winegard Connect will transmit so that it can be seen on the laptop but it does not connect to the internet. The antenna on the roof thinks life is grand and has green lights. The wire that runs between the two has been checked and declared as OK. This coach came with a surprising number of electronic boards failed or failing (fan boards, GPS, toilet board, blind spot monitor controller etc.). The coach sat in the yard waiting for parts last November and December and I suspect that someone had to jump it to start and was sloppy and surged the system.

The dealer was willing to order a new basement unit but it would have added several more weeks to what turned out to be a 7 week PDI. They state they tried everything they could so I'm leaving it to the guys who built it. Meanwhile you can't believe the misbehavior of the Vega touch. I'm hoping an update will solve some of the issues like tank sensors, heating and cooling that change function all on it's own.
I guess I'm just venting but it's been a rough ride. Yet we do love this coach.

Tom
What a mess. I feel your pain. You are doing the wise thing with making a trip to the factory. Your theory on improper jumping is a good one. I have had someone at the factory tell me to use the lugs in the front electric compartment to jump before, which is not a good idea. Hope we get to meet if you are there the same week in Aug.

On an Update of the Nebula App. I am still not able to connect from home this morning. I will go up and reset the wifi to see if that helps before calling Firefly. So far the app update is not working for me, but it could be on my end with the wifi signal.