Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2015, 06:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
That would be wonderful - but we aren't going to Summerfest since we signed up for Spartan training prior to the Summerfest dates released. We will be at Hearthside tomorrow. When are you getting up this way?
I'll be in Shipshewana today and Petoskey around the 12th. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sbuckeye View Post
Yes, Entegra said they are no longer using mobile repair.
I asked about this question in person to Joyce today at Entegra. She said..
"No, where did anybody get that idea. We use them frequently"
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I got this in an email from Morgan in CS yesterday:

I know you want to avoid going to a dealership but management has stated we do not cover trip charges on mobile service. We will cover the labor and parts needed for the repairs but we do not cover the trip charge.

Guess it depends on who you ask.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:23 PM   #18

More times than not, the mobile trip charge is less than the costs to travel to the dealership, certainly less hassle...JMHO... I recently used a mobile tech service, as I'm sure most have on this forum, VERY convenient!!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Danny&Cindi Gilmore
Hanford, Ca.
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Explorer
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #19

I've had two fan condenser motor isolators break, one in Feb and one in Apr at Lazydays waiting for the first one to be repaired.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
geneb28532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
AC Fan noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I asked about this question in person to Joyce today at Entegra. She said..

"No, where did anybody get that idea. We use them frequently"

Don Brubaker is who told me! Said they have not had good luck with mobile repair, and Entegra quit reimbursing for trip charges. He also said that Coleman required them to be certified on their equipment. So he made me an appointment at a Jayco dealer close to my hometown. So I will be using the fan only to finish out my trip.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
My only answer is call Joyce. Ask her.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
I know for a fact, this was from Joyce verifying mileage on a trip charge, that Entegra has been getting ripped off from mobile companies for trip charges. It is possible that upper management may be trying to discourage mobile repairs unless it is an emergency. I hope a few mobile companies don't ruin it for us the customers.

In my case it was a mobile A/C company trying to charge 65 miles for a 20 mile round trip. Entegra is smart enough to use Google Maps then called me to verify.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:05 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Well, seems I may have the dreaded ac fan failure. Friday the front AC fan started making horrible noises ... sounds like the fan is beating the daylights out of something or it is itself in there going nuts. So, turned it off and have been using the two back ac's. Thank goodness we are up north and not back in Alabama! Emailed Entegra this morning asking if they can send someone to fix it to Hearthside Grove RV this week. If not, maybe they can stop by on the way to Summerfest next week to Charlotte at Spartan and fix it there. Have to have it fixed before we head back down south.
We just left Yellowstone West and our #3 A/C unit start making an loud noise and was not cooling, we turned it off immediately and called Entegra C/S and they contacted a local authorized Coleman mobile repair company that came right to my site. Coleman paid for the parts and labor and I paid the service call fee, it was well worth it. In our case the fan apparently hit the support bracket and that caused the damage.
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
We just left Yellowstone West and our #3 A/C unit start making an loud noise and was not cooling, we turned it off immediately and called Entegra C/S and they contacted a local authorized Coleman mobile repair company that came right to my site. Coleman paid for the parts and labor and I paid the service call fee, it was well worth it. In our case the fan apparently hit the support bracket and that caused the damage.

Thanks - EC says there are no mobile techs that Coleman has approved up here. I'm trying to see if they can find one near Charlotte, Mi for next week. But, may just have to wait until we get back to Alabama.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
That confirms that Entegra is throwing more responsibility on the vendors and the vendors are not as liberal as Entegra on paying for mobile service. I am sure Entegra is still using Mobile Service for Entegra type warranty work.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #26

Lynn, like I said I'll be glad to give you a fan and change it for you, but looks like you'll be leaving Petoskey as we get there. If anything changes let us know if we can help. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
These do sound like they are fan related issues not compressor problems. I know I am restating what has been said by many others, but I want to stress that this is a very simple repair and one that can be taken on by anyone. If you are able to get on the roof and use a screwdriver, you can make this repair. It is equally simple to diagnose by just inspecting the fan blades.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Lynn, like I said I'll be glad to give you a fan and change it for you, but looks like you'll be leaving Petoskey as we get there. If anything changes let us know if we can help. Noel

I really appreciate it! I'd love to take you up on your offer, however we do have to leave here on Sunday morning to go to Charlotte. 😒
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, noise