Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2015, 06:06 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
AC Fan noise

Well, seems I may have the dreaded ac fan failure. Friday the front AC fan started making horrible noises ... sounds like the fan is beating the daylights out of something or it is itself in there going nuts. So, turned it off and have been using the two back ac's. Thank goodness we are up north and not back in Alabama! Emailed Entegra this morning asking if they can send someone to fix it to Hearthside Grove RV this week. If not, maybe they can stop by on the way to Summerfest next week to Charlotte at Spartan and fix it there. Have to have it fixed before we head back down south.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I am having the same noise. While driving to Mountain Falls NC for the holiday I heard a thumping noise like a flat tire. Turned off the generator and noise stopped. Got set up at RV resort and plugged in and this thumping noise was coming from front roof. Called CS and they told me it was a compressor. It is fine set on fan mode only.

Now the issue is it is a Coleman. They no longer reimburse for service calls (per Entegra) and it will have to be fixed by a factory authorized service center. So I will be waiting until I return home in one more week to have repaired. My coach is 6 months old.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #3

16 Coleman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sbuckeye View Post
I am having the same noise. While driving to Mountain Falls NC for the holiday I heard a thumping noise like a flat tire. Turned off the generator and noise stopped. Got set up at RV resort and plugged in and this thumping noise was coming from front roof. Called CS and they told me it was a compressor. It is fine set on fan mode only.

Now the issue is it is a Coleman. They no longer reimburse for service calls (per Entegra) and it will have to be fixed by a factory authorized service center. So I will be waiting until I return home in one more week to have repaired. My coach is 6 months old.
Since you have a 16 on order, I thought I would ask you if you know Coleman remains on the roof of the new Coaches or not? As I write this, I am thinking maybe the detailed info ads from MHSRV on the new units would list the manufacturer?

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

The repair is a surprise. Had one go out in early 2014 and Coleman shipped and Entegra reimbursed for the mobile repair person to replace the whole unit. Did Entegra say you couldn't use a mobile repair person?
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks for the post - after reading this - I thought maybe mine was the compressor as well. So, put it on fan only and the noise isn't there. So, guess we have the same issue! Entegra had told me to stop in on the way to Petosky tomorrow at Petosky RV and have them look at it. I really don't want to waste my precious vacation time, so asking Entegra if they will authorize a mobile RV to come. We will see what they say.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
AC Fan noise

You are welcome! Their is always help here on the forum.....
Old 07-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, Entegra said they are no longer using mobile repair.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Then I hope they are paying for the two week hotel room...oops, forgot...they really don't recognize full time RVing:(
Old 07-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
That is kind of a low blow, I guess, but I hope it isn't a trend where they won't allow mobile repair for anything. Few dealers will allow you to stay in the coach while they take their time to repair on their schedule. But I do recall reading somewhere in the black binder of books that the Entegras are not intended for full time occupation???!!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Thanks for the post - after reading this - I thought maybe mine was the compressor as well. So, put it on fan only and the noise isn't there. So, guess we have the same issue! Entegra had told me to stop in on the way to Petosky tomorrow at Petosky RV and have them look at it. I really don't want to waste my precious vacation time, so asking Entegra if they will authorize a mobile RV to come. We will see what they say.
Could be wrong, but in "fan only" mode I would think that only the blower runs. There are two fans on the Mach 8. The blower fan and the condenser cooling fan. The blower fan moves the air thru the ducts and inside the coach. The condenser cooling fan is the one you can see through the grill on the top of the AC unit (and the one that you hear when outside of the coach). That fan is the one many of us had problems with the blades cracking over time. Therefore, another possibility to consider is that you may have one of the defective 3 blade fans that self destruct.

If you can get on the roof, a quick peek thru the top grill should tell if the fan is intact. As a reminder, three blade fans with a "B" or "C" in the middle of the part number (stamped on top of the fan hub) have a potential to fail. The "D" fans which became available around April 2015 are beefed up and so far have been holding up.

If you do have a cracked fan on one unit, get them all replaced because the others will eventually fail too.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Take off the cover and look for a dirt dauber nest on the fan blade. It throws the blade out of balance and sounds like the AC is coming apart.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Well, seems I may have the dreaded ac fan failure. Friday the front AC fan started making horrible noises ... sounds like the fan is beating the daylights out of something or it is itself in there going nuts. So, turned it off and have been using the two back ac's. Thank goodness we are up north and not back in Alabama! Emailed Entegra this morning asking if they can send someone to fix it to Hearthside Grove RV this week. If not, maybe they can stop by on the way to Summerfest next week to Charlotte at Spartan and fix it there. Have to have it fixed before we head back down south.
Lynn, if you can wait until I get to Summeerfest I have several C fans with me and will be glad to change it for you. Probably not as good as the D but definitely better than the B's. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Lynn, if you can wait until I get to Summeerfest I have several C fans with me and will be glad to change it for you. Probably not as good as the D but definitely better than the B's. Noel

That would be wonderful - but we aren't going to Summerfest since we signed up for Spartan training prior to the Summerfest dates released. We will be at Hearthside tomorrow. When are you getting up this way?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, Entegra said they are no longer using mobile repair.
I'm at Entegra this week. I'm going to ask the the top of the CS pyramid (Joyce) tommorrow that question at the owners/CS breakfast. Standby for words....
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, noise