Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2014, 05:23 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Just out of curiousity you said you added two outlet vents. Can I ask why and where? Did it change anything?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
My main concern is the same as dlovitt. How many times can the screws be R&R before the holes won't hold the screws any longer, then what do you do?
You have a point.. IF the screws are into METAL, then Pop rivets has a solution for you, they make a Pop-Rivet nut, you drill out the screw hole a bit, pop one of these in using the supplied adapter and a pop riveter and now a threaded BOLT goes into the screw hole, These outlast screws big time since bolts with nuts are designed to be removed and replaced.. And if the threads ever strip, you drill out the pop rivet nut and pop in another.

Have used a few times, Generally happy with them.

If they are into other materials, Black and Decker may have the solution, they make a screw anchor for use in drywall, this is like a half inch diamater "Auger" thing that screws in with a phillips bit driving it and one of their HD duty concrete biting screws screws into it.. A bit of "Glue" to libricate teh big thing when it screws in might help as well.

Never had much luck with those though
Old 03-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Just out of curiousity you said you added two outlet vents. Can I ask why and where? Did it change anything?
Dave, I added the two vents to the very front of the outlet ducts to enhance air flow (volume) to front of mh. I only had two outlet vents forward of the return vents. I measured the outlet duct forward of those two vents and had 30 inches to the end so I added the vents. Yes, it makes a difference in airflow to the front of the mh. All of the mh I looked had only had two outlets forward of the returns. Some of them were all the way forward and some were where mine were but they all had only two. If mine had been all the way forward I would have installed them where my originals were which was about 6 inches or so forward of the returns. I also isolated the outlet duct so each a/c unit takes care of a specific area of the mh. I don't like the common outlet duct, waste too much of the forward a/c air to rear of mh when rear air isn't running. Works great for me. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks. I'll look into that mod. How about some pics of the location? I'm just wondering why the factory didn't think to do that.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #33

Here's a picture. The factory took pictures of mine. Not sure if they started adding them. Noel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	57464  
Old 03-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Kinda strange...I have two vents at that position in my 2013 and my two bullhead ceiling lights are between them. Have the 4 vents across like yours even with the front of the mirror. Guess different models have a slightly different front bulkhead approach.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #35

Dave, those in front are ones I added for more air up front where it's needed. Noel
Old 03-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Dave, those in front are ones I added for more air up front where it's needed. Noel
Nice job Noel. That will really help with the heat generated from the windshield.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Noel, what tools and method did you use to cut the new holes? Any tricks to getting it right?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Noel, what tools and method did you use to cut the new holes? Any tricks to getting it right?
We are both thinking alike, I had the same question.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Recognize...In my coach i already have two forward of the rib connecting the two ceiling sections and the two vents with two light between are forward of the rib...then about two feet further to the bulkhead...think the DEQ is just constructed a little different. Think it is a great idea, because there is tremendous heat builds up in the front of these coaches. AC just doesn't keep up if the afternoon sun is through the windshield.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Measure twice and cut once!
Like I said in the original post some of the Entegra's I looked at had the two vents where I installed mine. Some of them had the vents back where my originals were, but they all had just two vents.
Marc, on mine I took out the two grills and ran a tape to the front end of the duct to find how far I could go, which turned out to be 30 inches on mine. I then marked that lightly on the ceiling measuring on the outside. Getting the alignment side to side is easy with a straight edge. I then used a stud finder to find the ceiling support. This wasn't very scientific, but to make sure I didn't wind up cutting the hole and running into a support in the middle of the hole I started in the middle and cut each way. That way if I cut one way and ran into a support before I got to the end I could just add what ever I was short to the other end of the cut.
I cut the actual hole with a roto-zip. It has a cutter that looks like a drill bit and cuts in a rotary motion rather that a reciprocating motion. After you cut the hole there is a space of an inch or so between the ceiling and the duct, the width of the support, that needs taped like the factory does. I actually cut pieces of styrofoam and glued in the opening before putting the tape on. Noel
Old 03-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Brilliant. Thanks Noel.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #42

Our Newmar has round vents. The cover is removed by just supporting the outside ring with your fingers and pulling the center grill out. Wash the filters and reinstall and snap the grill back in. Took me awhile to figure it out, but very easy. The grill will rotate to direct air in any direction. My Jayco had screws, so the Entegras-Jaycos must follow suite. A Jayco is a Jayco, or Entegra or whatever they want to call it! Although in the 14 years we had the Jayco, the screws held without a problem. Just put the screws back in by hand with a screwdriver, not your 18 volt dewalt. Being lazy can bring on all kinds of life's little problems! If you have to add AC vents to a 2014 year coach, well maybe you bought the wrong brand. Just saying.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling