Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2020, 08:22 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
AC outlets through the 2017 Cornerstone stopped working

Woke up this morning to a chill in Michigan.
Slept all night with everything off except electric hot water.

Turned on the coffee pot, a small electric heater in the bathroom to take the chill out, the heat pump on front and rear, fireplace, and put some toast in our toaster over.

A couple of minutes later all our AC outlets stopped working.

Fridge, heat pumps, microwave still working, fireplace, etc... still working. Just outlets are off.

Unplugged coffee pot, toaster over, and little heater in bathroom.

Went to AC breaker box above driver seat and found the 3 GFI type circuit breakers for the coach outlets were all tripped. They will not reset.

Went to the Vegatouch Panel and both AC legs in look good. Found the inverter under settings and pressed it long enough to get into the settings. Inverter 2 had no AC input voltage.

Went under the coach and found the inverters location. Small circuit breaker on side off one inverter was out. I pushed it in and now the Vegatouch shows 120 in and out on both inverters. I thought that was going to solve my issue but it did not.

The GFI circuit breakers still will not reset. (Kitchen, Living room, Bathroom)
All other breakers that I can find look good.

I am not an electrician but I can use a multimeter safely. Any ideas on what I should check would be helpful?

My power at my surge suppressor which is external looks clean.

I have nothing plugged in to any outlet. Not sure how that would effect all three breakers anyway.

I may try turning off power at the post and turning off my dc then turning everything back on.

Hal and Pam
2017 Entegra Cornerstone - B
2020 Ford Edge ST
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2020, 08:35 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did you try checking the GFIs at the outlets themselves? There are several on the coach. On our 16 Anthem their is one under the cabinet over the sink plus a few others. You probably know this, but to reset the main breakers you have to turn them off and then back on.
Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
What Alec said. For future use, that much heavy electric use cannot be asked of 50 amps all at one time. If it is that cold and all the other heavy use appliance are going to be used, switch to Aqua Hot diesel until after morning coffee, toast and air dryer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I believe on the 2017 Cornerstone the GFI’s are built into the circuit breakers.
I have checked all other outlets and can not see any GFI’s.

I try pushing the white test button and it has no effect. Likely because the breaker is already tripped. When I try to reset the breaker it will not engage. Same issue with all three.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	88CBA057-810B-434C-9E7F-E78552DDE1FD.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	301137  

Hal and Pam
2020 Ford Edge ST
Old 09-15-2020, 09:31 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Have you pushed in and turned the breaker completely off to reset them? If so, and that did not work, disconnect from shore power, turn off all the inverter circuit breakers, then try to reset the GFI breakers.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Chuck. A huge thank you to you.
I was not operating the breakers properly.

I had pushed in and tried to reset. Needed to do what you said. Push in and pull the breaker down to off, then reset. It worked.

And thanks for your earlier advice on not overloading the AC power. We will take the chill out with the Aqua Hot and then use electric little heater if needed when we are done with coffee and toaster oven, etc ....

I learned where my inverters are, how to reset the input power circuit breaker on the inverters, and how to reset the GFI breakers in the AC distribution box.

Thanks Again!

Hal and Pam
2020 Ford Edge ST
Old 09-15-2020, 10:09 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Hal, now that cold weather is approaching in many areas, your post was a good refresher. Lot of new coach owners this year with the RV boom happening, that will fall victim. Your post is going to help others.

We all have been through it. We purchased a stainless steel carafe coffee maker that does not have a hot plate for that reason. The coffee will stay hot for 4 hours with no electricity after the coffee is brewed. It does make a big difference on amp draw. That and a hair dryer are the the biggest amp thieves.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #8

I'm glad you got it figured out..!

But now I'm going to throw another curve at you regarding how the inverters are wired. This post was from a couple years ago. From your picture it looks to me that you have the inverters wired incorrectly from the factory.

Take a look at this thread and the document included with it.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/inv...ed-329724.html
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I told my DW that she was an amp thief. She gave me a look, then said what happened this morning was my fault because she was still in bed. This was a lesson learned.

I saw the thread about the inverter reversed wiring issue when I was searching earlier for what could be wrong. Thanks for sharing the thread.

I made a note to dig into that to see if I have the issue.

When my outlets went out today it was my inverter number 2 that had the input breaker tripped on the side of the inverter. I could see that on the Vega Touch because it showed inverter 2 input volts at 0. Although I did not get an audible alarm from the Vega Touch.

Hal and Pam
2020 Ford Edge ST