Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #29
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,582
I like the ACC on our Ram, not so much on the Mh.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2021, 02:34 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
zman62's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,398
What are the complaints people have with acc?

My coach seems to operate the same as my cars that have it. Must not be that way for everyone I am guessing
__________________
Kert and Angela
2018 provost marathon h3-45
2018 Ford F350
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:48 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Nowabeachbum's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Estero, FL
Posts: 2,420
ACC/CMS fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
What are the complaints people have with acc?



My coach seems to operate the same as my cars that have it. Must not be that way for everyone I am guessing

In 2018 it had no off button so you either had adaptive cruise or no cruise which was pretty frustrating in certain traffic. In 2019 they added the choice by adding the ability to have standard cruise and really now all is fine. People can choose.


And Harleydeal, Good one!
__________________
Gary & Leigh
2019 Entegra Cornerstone 45Y,
2010 Seneca, 2011 & 2014 Anthem, 2017, 2018 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,932
Blog Entries: 1
Kert

I think it all depends on how you drive. I tend to want to pick a speed which is comfortably under the posted speed limit, lets say 68 based on a 70 or 75 mph speed limit, and then to the extent possible and safe, I want to travel at that speed. That is what Old Fashioned Cruise Control (OFCC) did and does very nicely. Now it is my job as driver to approach cars, pass cars or trucks safely or brake to maintain that 68 mph, if possible.

On my coach, I initially had no ability to turn the ACC off.... only the ability to chose long, medium, or short distance to have the vehicle in front of me in the same lane governing my speed. Now if I again have decided to travel at 68 mph, at some random amount of time, I realize my coach is no longer traveling at 68, but now is traveling at 60 or 55 or some speed other than 68. In the long option, that is a vehicle that is traveling around 700-800' in front of me..... Good grief. 800'???? A car 800' in front of me is probably a vehicle that i wouldn't even be thinking its relevant to my coach unless its standing still. I have never tried to actually measure the distance we are apart and maybe my system was very badly calibrated and it was not 800' but maybe 1600 feet instead.... whatever it was, it was way, way, way too far ahead of me to worry about unless it was standing still. What it was, was so far in front of me that i would not have even felt that it was something i needed to pay attention to, but my speed would now be 55 or 50 and I needed to stomp on the diesel feed and usually move to a different lane, but I am constantly stepping on the diesel feed and accelerating back up to 68. No need to slow as most drivers would simply change lanes a whole lot closer to the slower vehicle and pass in another lane. Now, I should note that I almost always drive interstates.... there are others who love the back-road 2 lane highways..... That is just not "me". So if you drive back roads and approaching a car usually means that you have no choice but to slow down and wait for a safe place to pass, the ACC might make sense. However, if you drive interstates, then you are slaved to whatever vehicle is in the lane X number of feet in front of you!! Again, I drive my coach. I accept responsibility not to ram into someone or drive dangerously. Therefore I dont need a machine helping me make those decisions. I've done that for decades.

Is that what your car ACC does? I'm pretty sure, I'd hate that on a car also, but neither of my cars have ACC on it, and if I get one that does, it will only be if it can be turned completely off. Now that I am retired, I rarely put 6,000 miles on my F150 per year, and my Honda toad doesn't put on that much mileage (unless you consider being dragged behind the coach) so there is a good possibility I may never need another newer car in this lifetime. Its all where you drive and how you drive. JMHO

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:16 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
zman62's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Kert

I think it all depends on how you drive. I tend to want to pick a speed which is comfortably under the posted speed limit, lets say 68 based on a 70 or 75 mph speed limit, and then to the extent possible and safe, I want to travel at that speed. That is what Old Fashioned Cruise Control (OFCC) did and does very nicely. Now it is my job as driver to approach cars, pass cars or trucks safely or brake to maintain that 68 mph, if possible.

On my coach, I initially had no ability to turn the ACC off.... only the ability to chose long, medium, or short distance to have the vehicle in front of me in the same lane governing my speed. Now if I again have decided to travel at 68 mph, at some random amount of time, I realize my coach is no longer traveling at 68, but now is traveling at 60 or 55 or some speed other than 68. In the long option, that is a vehicle that is traveling around 700-800' in front of me..... Good grief. 800'???? A car 800' in front of me is probably a vehicle that i wouldn't even be thinking its relevant to my coach unless its standing still. I have never tried to actually measure the distance we are apart and maybe my system was very badly calibrated and it was not 800' but maybe 1600 feet instead.... whatever it was, it was way, way, way too far ahead of me to worry about unless it was standing still. What it was, was so far in front of me that i would not have even felt that it was something i needed to pay attention to, but my speed would now be 55 or 50 and I needed to stomp on the diesel feed and usually move to a different lane, but I am constantly stepping on the diesel feed and accelerating back up to 68. No need to slow as most drivers would simply change lanes a whole lot closer to the slower vehicle and pass in another lane. Now, I should note that I almost always drive interstates.... there are others who love the back-road 2 lane highways..... That is just not "me". So if you drive back roads and approaching a car usually means that you have no choice but to slow down and wait for a safe place to pass, the ACC might make sense. However, if you drive interstates, then you are slaved to whatever vehicle is in the lane X number of feet in front of you!! Again, I drive my coach. I accept responsibility not to ram into someone or drive dangerously. Therefore I dont need a machine helping me make those decisions. I've done that for decades.

Is that what your car ACC does? I'm pretty sure, I'd hate that on a car also, but neither of my cars have ACC on it, and if I get one that does, it will only be if it can be turned completely off. Now that I am retired, I rarely put 6,000 miles on my F150 per year, and my Honda toad doesn't put on that much mileage (unless you consider being dragged behind the coach) so there is a good possibility I may never need another newer car in this lifetime. Its all where you drive and how you drive. JMHO

Gary

You canít adjust the distance between you and the lead car?
__________________
Kert and Angela
2018 provost marathon h3-45
2018 Ford F350
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:29 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,932
Blog Entries: 1
Long, medium, and short. To begin with, no off was available. After all my complaining, I finally mysteriously found that my coach had a new option on that joy stick, and that was off. This past November, Spartan swore there was no way for a 2019 Cornerstone to turn the ACC off. That capability appeared on my coach about a year or 18 months ago.

I am going to have to take notes the next time I put ACC on but I believe that my short following slave distance was 700-800'. Coach defaults to the longest ACC distance that is available, but I can reduce it to the shorter distance, but that shorter distance is still much longer than it necessary. I've always wondered if something was not calibrated correctly but I had it calibrated several times and they said it was right.... do you know the distance that the vehicle in front of you is regulating your speed? The CMS readout display will give you the exact distance of the vehicle in front of you that you are following.

I turn ACC to the off position as soon as I put the transmission in "D" and it stays that way as long as I'm driving.

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:54 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 29,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
You can’t adjust the distance between you and the lead car?
I was starting to think I was the only one. My ACC screen changes from green to amber for additional assistance. But what do I know?
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:23 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
zman62's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I was starting to think I was the only one. My ACC screen changes from green to amber for additional assistance. But what do I know?
Mine does the same. I set it and sit back and relax.
__________________
Kert and Angela
2018 provost marathon h3-45
2018 Ford F350
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #37
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,582
I like the concept of the ACC. However on the Mh I get what Gary is saying. Even if you have it on the shortest following distance itís still back a fur piece. If you have it set on say 68 and you come on someone doing 65 with traffic behind you your Mh has now slowed to 65. You decide to pass so when you pull out it will eventually speed up to 68 without any input from you, but it takes a LONG time to close that distance to pass the vehicle doing 65. Meantime you have pissed off 25 cars behind you.
Now I guess you could set the ACC for 80 and then when you pulled out to pass it would kick your speed up and pass pretty quickly.
The ACC on the Mh is certainly usable, but itís kinda like driving a Mac truck in the Indy 500.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:40 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Nowabeachbum's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Estero, FL
Posts: 2,420
Itís all about choice, use it or not. The short distance is around 350 ft. I use the regular cruise mostly but love ACC on 2 lane roads. It paces traffic, if a car turns, you automatically slow down til the car turns then you are off again, never messing with the gas pedal. It makes traveling on 2 lane roads a little less nerve wracking.
__________________
Gary & Leigh
2019 Entegra Cornerstone 45Y,
2010 Seneca, 2011 & 2014 Anthem, 2017, 2018 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:46 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Highland NY
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I like the concept of the ACC. However on the Mh I get what Gary is saying. Even if you have it on the shortest following distance it’s still back a fur piece. If you have it set on say 68 and you come on someone doing 65 with traffic behind you your Mh has now slowed to 65. You decide to pass so when you pull out it will eventually speed up to 68 without any input from you, but it takes a LONG time to close that distance to pass the vehicle doing 65. Meantime you have pissed off 25 cars behind you.
Now I guess you could set the ACC for 80 and then when you pulled out to pass it would kick your speed up and pass pretty quickly.
The ACC on the Mh is certainly usable, but it’s kinda like driving a Mac truck in the Indy 500.
I find that once I change lanes if I step on the gas it "wakes" the acc up which accelerates up to the desired (set) speed. That said, I still don't like it and will no longer use it. I shut it off and drive old style
__________________
Bruce, Lisa and the pups, Charlie, Opie and Rebel
2021 Cornerstone Y Azure
2018 Anthem, Victory Blue Sold, 2019 Ram Laramie 1500
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:37 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
zman62's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I find that once I change lanes if I step on the gas it "wakes" the acc up which accelerates up to the desired (set) speed. That said, I still don't like it and will no longer use it. I shut it off and drive old style
In these scenarios described above, as I see the coach slowing and I plan on passing I just put my foot on the accelerator until I complete the pass then lift foot and let the acc take over.

It all seems effortless at least to me.
__________________
Kert and Angela
2018 provost marathon h3-45
2018 Ford F350
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Highland NY
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
In these scenarios described above, as I see the coach slowing and I plan on passing I just put my foot on the accelerator until I complete the pass then lift foot and let the acc take over.

It all seems effortless at least to me.
Yes, that has worked also. However, given the fault that keeps haunting me I am leaving ACC off. So far, knock on wood, two trips with zero faults
__________________
Bruce, Lisa and the pups, Charlie, Opie and Rebel
2021 Cornerstone Y Azure
2018 Anthem, Victory Blue Sold, 2019 Ram Laramie 1500
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:18 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
zman62's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Yes, that has worked also. However, given the fault that keeps haunting me I am leaving ACC off. So far, knock on wood, two trips with zero faults

Yeah in your situation I would be doing the same so I could continue our trip.
__________________
Kert and Angela
2018 provost marathon h3-45
2018 Ford F350
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disabling ACC/CMS on Spartan chassis tom chelbana Entegra Owner's Forum 6 09-06-2020 06:56 PM
ACC Adaptive Cruise Control and CMS Collision Mitigation Gary.Jones Entegra Owner's Forum 133 12-10-2019 11:36 AM
Acc and cms fault Cablemandan Entegra Owner's Forum 20 06-23-2019 09:39 PM
Latest CMS Recall / Vega hbatwell Entegra Owner's Forum 3 01-31-2017 09:49 PM
CMS hbatwell Entegra Owner's Forum 2 08-19-2016 10:51 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.