Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2021, 12:01 PM   #1

Accent light lens removal

Can anyone tell me how to remove the Accent lighting lenses on your Entegra Coach, so they can be cleaned? My coach is a 2019 Aspire 40P.
Thank you!
NMartorano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #2

Look for this topic on the last two full pages of threads. This issue was discussed fully within the past couple of months. There was even a diagram of where the mounting tabs are located and how to seal lenses that have no seal

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:13 PM   #3

Thank you Sir! I just need to clean the bugs and dirt out of them!
Old 03-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #4

Hey Gary,
I have not had any luck finding the threads you mention regarding the accent light lens removal. You don't by chance have any more info do you?
Old 03-23-2021, 07:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Nick,

Here's a "pro tip" for searching:

Click image to enlarge.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	322438

Type "C Lights" in the search box and you'll find several threads, including this one:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/the...ts-513666.html

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-23-2021, 08:01 PM   #6

“Pro Tip” not everyone uses the desktop version of this website and loose quite a bit of search functionality as a result. I kinda get the impression if you are in the “old boys” club on the Entegra forum we can talk at nauseam about what ever strikes ones fancy...... just sayin. [moderator edit]
G6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:06 PM   #7

I am on many forums daily. The search function on this forum is absolutely horrible. I always get a kick out of someone that asked a good question then people jump on him that he didn’t search for a 5 yr old thread.

We are all here to share what we know and learn from others. We need to work on our welcoming skills
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:57 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by G6driver View Post
“Pro Tip” not everyone uses the desktop version of this website and loose quite a bit of search functionality as a result. I kinda get the impression if you are in the “old boys” club on the Entegra forum we can talk at nauseam about what ever strikes ones fancy...... just sayin. Otherwise, us junior members can blank off...
Hi Jeff,

I appreciate that not everyone uses the desktop version. I'm also aware that by accessing iRV2 on a portable device (smartphone, iPad, tablet, etc.) using the device's web browser (iRV2.com), rather than the app, you can have access to the identical search capability on the portable device.

Here's a screenshot from my phone that shows identical capability (albeit a much smaller screen) as the desktop version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210323-225302_Chrome.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	322453

I wasn't aware that there's an "old boys" club here. Am I in a club and I don't even know it? It's always seemed like all members can discuss pretty much any RV related topic that struck their fancy without regard to age. Most of us are happy to offer any kind of assistance that we can.

I hope that nothing I've done has given any member the impression that they should "blank off". That certainly wasn't my intention.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-24-2021, 04:27 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Stu
Thank you for suggesting the search function. I have used the search function on numerous occasions and found it helpful. It seems some prefer to shoot the messenger than accept a helping hand.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:29 AM   #10

When owners who have been on this forum for many years suggest that people look for a previous thread and potentially search for it, it is not a matter of being unwilling to help with the question (that certainly is true for me), but rather try to help someone newer find this and future information themselves and also to avoid going back over the same information again and again and again. If that is what needs to be done, then we can do that. Its the old teach a man how to fish versus continue having to fish for them issue.

Here is how I do it and it is exactly the same whether it is done from the search box at the top of the page on a computer or a phone.

I would enter the following: ENTEGRA: C Lights replacement seal
into the search box and see what I get.

In this case, I would get the string that I was suggesting as the first return of the search string

And Kert, I have searched using that search box at the top of the page hundreds of times and I find the exact opposite of your experience. If you do it right, it almost never takes more than the first list of returns of the search to find exactly what you were looking for within a few seconds, even threads that have been up here 6 or more years ago....It works and it works well.

Also if you simply look back through two pages of the threads published on this forum, you will find near the bottom of the second page of threads, the same thread. It was started and stopped March 10th and has been read by 1256 different users.

And Nick, I dont mind the question at all..... I certainly have no intention to "cancel" you for simply asking the question......

Gary
Old 03-24-2021, 06:15 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Stu, thank you for taking the time to help other that are not familiar with the search function. Nice that some go out of their to still try to help others. From some of the attitudes lately, this forum is not what it use to be. If you try to help someone, there seems to be others is here wanting to bite your hand. I use to link posts to help others find what they were looking for, but I have stopped, others thought I was being a show off. The forum has changed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:22 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If you try to help someone, there seems to be others in here wanting to bite your hand.
Hi Chuck,

It reminds me of the story of the father walking with his six year old son who observes two dogs across the street in flagrante. He asks, "Dad, what are those two dogs doing?" His quick thinking father responds, "Well, son, the dog on top hurt his front paw and the other dog is helping him by giving him a ride home." The six year old replies, "Gee, Dad, that's a lot like life. You try to help somebody out and you end up getting screwed!"

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-24-2021, 07:41 AM   #13

Thank you! I had been using a tablet so I will check this out on my laptop to see what I have been missing! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Gary,
I really appreciate you taking time to help me with these things! As you can see, I am fairly new to the Entegra Owners World and have not really been on here much until now. I have time now and want to learn as much as I can about my Entegra so I can properly care for it and enjoy it for years to come. We had a 2005 Monaco that we sold several years ago (big mistake) and after a couple of years, we ordered a 5th wheel (Bigger mistake). So it and now have this Beautiful Coach. I am a car guy and have plenty of mechanical know how but working on this rig is a bit different than working on a Hot Rod!
Again, a BIG THANK YOU to all of you guys for your help
Old 03-24-2021, 08:24 AM   #14

Nick

Tablets work the same way. The default option in the box at the top of the forum page is RIV2.com. That is the best option. Then when you put ENTEGRA: the search is limited even further to the Entegra Forum rather than all iRV2 (thats my understanding). If you remember any of the screen names of people who authored or commented on the thread add that name too and then press search and you normally get what you are looking for on the first page, and most commonly in the first three or four threads listed by the search.

Gary

Tags
light, removal