Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2020, 12:57 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I use the folding triangle reflectors. Placement is important.

THIS IS FROM A CDL PRACTICE EXAM.
9. You must park on the side of a level, straight, two lane road. Where should you place the three reflective triangles?

A One within 10 feet of the rear of the vehicle, one about 100 feet to the rear, and one about 200 feet to the rear.
B One within 10 feet of the front of the vehicle, one about 200 feet from the front, and one about 100 feet to the rear.
C One within 10 feet of the rear of the vehicle, one about 100 feet to the rear, and one about 100 feet from the front of the vehicle.
D One about 50 feet from the rear of the vehicle, one about 100 feet to the rear, and one about 100 feet from the front of the vehicle.

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS A

Where they are placed in the lane is also important.

The 10ft triangle should be on the drivers side of the lane you’re stopped in

The next triangle 100ft should be in the middle of the lane you’restopped in

The 200ft triangle should be on the passenger or land side away from traffic

The idea of this method of placement is to “guide” the oncoming traffic AWAY from your stopped vehicle.

Rule of thumb: 4 paces roughly equal 10 feet. Calculate accordingly!

I’ve had to do this and like others have walked back with a flashlight and been pleasantly surprised at how well they can be seen. Oncoming drivers first see the 200 ft triangle at the edge of the road, then they see the 100 ft triangle in the middle of the lane and then they see the 10 ft triangle pretty close to the outside edge of your vehicle.

Flashers are only required by law when you are placing or removing the triangles although I think I kept mine on. I wanted to be lit up like a Christmas tree even at the risk of the “butterfly” effect that causes so many emergency vehicle crashes.

I hope this makes sense. Without a diagram I tried to describe it as best I could.
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2020, 02:53 PM   #16

The saga continues... Fed-X delivered on time & the mobile techs got here about 10:30. Problem was that Spartan sent the wrong part, even though the mobile guys yesterday emailed them photos of the broken part. Spartan is sending the correct part for delivery by 9:00am Saturday. The techs said we are their first call so we are keeping our fingers crossed they arrive with the right part. Both Spartan & Coach-Net called to apologize. Fortunately we have plenty of wine & bourbon on board as I get to perfect my technique of triangle placement. Always an adventure!
neilnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilnoff View Post
The saga continues... Fed-X delivered on time & the mobile techs got here about 10:30. Problem was that Spartan sent the wrong part, even though the mobile guys yesterday emailed them photos of the broken part. Spartan is sending the correct part for delivery by 9:00am Saturday. The techs said we are their first call so we are keeping our fingers crossed they arrive with the right part. Both Spartan & Coach-Net called to apologize. Fortunately we have plenty of wine & bourbon on board as I get to perfect my technique of triangle placement. Always an adventure!

Godspeed and stay safe!!!
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:48 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Umm had picture of the part but send wrong part. How could that happen?
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilnoff View Post
Our ride height control crapped out ... The lever mechanism was just hanging & the plastic part was broken.
Could you not just move the lever to simulate a 'low' condition so as to allow it to fill the bags, then move it to safety?

Stay cool
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:05 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Could you not just move the lever to simulate a 'low' condition so as to allow it to fill the bags, then move it to safety?

Stay cool
I was thinking the same thing. The arm could have been pushed up and duct taped enough to hold it to get moved. But not seeing the part, I didn't say anything. I have used JB Weld on the plastic body to get to a shop. It worked.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:17 AM   #21

Good suggestions but I’m not even a shade tree mechanic so would be leery of a duct tape (even temporary) repair. The mobile techs were on the phone several times with the Spartan techs so I left it in their hands. Spartan said it was just a screw-up when they sent the wrong part. He confirmed they had the photos from the mobile tech (I watched him take the pics & email them) but they just pulled the wrong part number to ship. Anyway, another peaceful night roadside with clear skies & tons of stars. Expecting the mobile guys shortly. Fingers crossed!
Old 02-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #22

Safety lights

I don’t have triangles but have those bright yellow flashing lights that I can put out. Plus i would use my flashers.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #23

Craneboy

Look at Harbor Freight's reflective triangles.... reasonably priced, very good quality for all you will use them, and triangles are nationally known warning of a parked vehicle .... Well worth the pennies invested to have a "standard Road warning" on board. In addition, I always have three medium cones with reflective bands around them in the front driver side compartment.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:20 PM   #24

Update: Back on the road again. Fed-X came thru this morning & this time with the correct part. Mobile techs only took about 30 min for the install & we were rolling by Noon. Quite the adventure & appreciate all the responses. Felt like we had company with us. Safe travels all—
Old 02-15-2020, 04:08 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Glad you are back on the road safely ... hope the rest of your trip is uneventful!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Glad you are back on the road. Spending a night on the side of the road is not fun, let alone two, I felt for you.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:36 PM   #27

Congratulations..... its always preferable in these things to be moving..... ---

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:48 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Great news! Drive safe! Enjoy your travels!
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, safety