Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2022, 07:30 AM   #1

Accolade seat question

Hello folks,

I've heard a few quick comments while watching reviews of new Accolades that the cab seats have air ride(?) or air suspension in the seats. Unfortunately, I can't find any official mention of this on Entegra's website.

Do the cab seats have some type of air suspension?

I've also heard on videos that the cab seats swivel, yet I have not seen a single photo of the seats turned to face the living area of the coach.

Thanks for the help
-Lee
Grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2022, 05:31 PM   #2

Our Accolade is a 2021 37TS. there is no suspension system on our front seats nor do ours swivel.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:44 PM   #3

I have a 2022 Accolade 37L. My seats do not have an air suspension and do not swivel. They are very comfortable and I do not miss either of those things.
El Chapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:42 PM   #4

Thanks for the info.

-Lee
Grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 04:37 PM   #5

Lee, based on some photos I found, I'm going to agree with the Accolade owners who posted earlier in this thread.

The first photo below show the seats in a 2022 Accolade. Note in particular the left side of the passenger seat.

The second photo shows the driver side seat in a 2022 Newmar Super Star, while the third photo shows the passenger side seat in the same coach. Note that on the left side of each of those seats there is a bank of controls toward the bottom of the seat. One of those controls is used to add or decrease air in the seat.

The Super Star is built on a Freightliner M2-106 cab & chassis, which is the same platform on which many regional delivery trucks are built. The Accolade, on the other hand, is built on a Freightliner S2RV cab & chassis, which has a smaller engine and a lower price point.

So while it's possible the control bank you see in the photos of the Super Star seats is present under the flap on the left side of the passenger seat in the Accolade photo, I tend to doubt it.

Bottom line, I'm virtually certain the Accolade doesn't come with air ride seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022 Entegra Accolade DS & PS Seats.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	376550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Newmar Super Star DS Seat.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	376551  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Newmar Super Star PS Seat.jpg