Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #1

Adding TV and Cabinet in 42' RBQ

I am removing the love seat on passenger side slide next to refrigerator. There was a modification that mentioned how to connect the TV to the directv box wireless. I tried a spliter for the HDMI that feeds the outside TV but it didn't work. And how do you find the modifications thread that shows different mods?

Thanks
Larry
Anthem 2013 42RBQ
anthem4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Here is the Modification Post. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ns-154379.html

Hope you'll post pictures of your RBQ mod. Might give some of us ideas.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
This is a very nice thread in the Monaco forum that one of their members did. Take a look

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/buil...et-372528.html
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #4

I researched lifts, intending to move the TV in my DLQ to a spot behind the passenger couch, replacing the couch with a desk. I figure I could put a 55" OLED TV on the lift in the existing space. I found a quality lift that is very shallow front-to-back (< 2") and purchased it in preparation for the project. I then switched paths and bought an Anthem. Anyone want to buy a good lift at a discount? I suppose I ought to run a classified.... and learn to avoid buying parts until I'm ready to start the project!
Old 03-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #5

Don’t know if you found it yet but you are looking for my post in the Modifications thread from last summer, and here it is:
“To solve the wiring problem, I bought a HDMI splitter and a HDMI Transmitter/Receiver. The splitter and transmitter were mounted in the TV control cupboard above the main salon TV and the splitter just splits the signal to the outside TV and sends it to both the outside TV and the HDMI transmitter.”
I placed the HDMI receiver beside the TV above the loveseat. The transmitter/receiver was made by IOGEAR.
Bob
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
J used a wireless HDMI Transmitter/Receiver in my previous coach. I tried a couple and found the IOGEAR to be by far the best. Almost zero signal delay. I would recommend it. Must have had a similar application as I also used an HDMI splitter with it.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:19 AM   #7

I did this modification to my Anthem. For the TV wiring, I just split off of the outside TV and fished the coax to the new TV location. Works perfectly.
darjacob is offline   Reply With Quote