Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
On a Dish DVR you need two inputs.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #30

On a Dish setup you only need 1 coax if it is a Dish LNB the coax can bee hooked to a diplexer which feeds both inputs. Dish will do everything Direct will do and more but the setup is different.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mainiac View Post
O. Dish will do everything Direct will do and more but the setup is different.
Except give you DNS. No DNS on Dish.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:52 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Except give you DNS. No DNS on Dish.
And that is a major drawback to Dish now that they eliminate DNS a few years ago. That and football was the reason I was looking forward to changing the MH over to Direct. Now we will have to continue to schedule stays close to OTA signals on the nights of DW programs. Lucky for us, most are summer re-runs during our travel season.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #33

Not really Chuck. Call them with the zip of the campground and tell them that is your new SERVICE address and you will get the local network channels. Just takes the extra step of calling them each time you move more than 250 miles.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Not really Chuck. Call them with the zip of the campground and tell them that is your new SERVICE address and you will get the local network channels. Just takes the extra step of calling them each time you move more than 250 miles.
X2. What I do, not a problem. As a matter of fact they sometimes ask if it's one of the previous addresses I've used so they must keep them on file. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:13 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Gene that is true, but we don't do it only staying a few days in one area. I tried it once, but it was a hassle for just a few day. If we stayed longer in one area, it would work great. You are right, it is available that way, but darn it, not instant.

Now that I will be pay as I go with Dish, I doubt I will be able to do that now not being a full time subscriber.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #36

Done.

Must have made two dozen trips up and down the ladder to the roof of the MH today. Install went well. I had to install the dish a little off the centerline due to clearance issues between the second AC and the existing in-motion satellite dome. Really impressive, hight quality components. Signal strengths averaging between 97-100%.... better than my home. I have the salon satellite input to an A-B switch, so I can switch to the in-motion when we are going down the road.

If you pop the black cover off the chase next to the in-motion satellite, there are 4 coax cables (one for each TV), a Winegard power & control cable (which runs to the salon on the Conrnerstone) and brown & white wires which I have no clue. The power inserter winds up near the rear passenger-side bay up by the frame rail. The Winegard control module winds up in the salon AV cabinet. It's all pretty obvious once you get going.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Pictures!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:19 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Glad it went well. I have one question.....how did you get your Santa to show up in Nov? I get in MAJOR trouble all the time for buying my Christmas present early.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Gladhow did you get your Santa to show up in Nov?
That's a very good question. She ordered it and I saw it before she had a chance to wrap it. Combined with a fortuitous 3-day stretch of 70+ degree weather. Recent high winds had knocked down the Slimline on a tripod that I had been using.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Pictures!

Maybe another time. I'm not climbing back on that roof for a while if I can help it. Too many trips up and down the ladder to get tools & supplies
Old 12-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #41

Hawg guy

I use a bucket and a rope and a cell phone to call my DW or son to find a tool that I forgot or need and put it in the bucket to be pulled up. My two artificial knees have about four climbs to the roof in them before the pain starts, and the bucket and cell phone approach keeps my knees under control. The cell phone means the DW doesn't have to watch me all the time.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote