Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
You're about 5 hours away from Youngblood RV in Mayfield KY, a smaller dealer than the two you mentioned. Roger Youngblood gave us a great deal on our Anthem, and a fair price on our fifth wheel and Ram 3500. He and his wife and daughter even took us to dinner that evening while the coach was in final stages of being waxed. Brandy, who handled all the paperwork arrange for financing with their local bank, beating our best rates by almost .5%, and that included a family friend of ours who handles our investments. Their shop tech spent a full 7 hours with us making sure we were familiar with the coach, and before we left, took us for a test drive and filled the fuel tank.

Truly a great experience and great folks. Give them a call, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
X2
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #16
srh

Newmar Owners Club
I have not bought from MHSRV but they sold my coach on consignment. As has been said, they don't haggle on price, which in of itself is a lot to say for. In fact, you can find out the going price a certain make and model advertised elsewhere by looking at MHSRV's site. If they don't have one in stock you can look at the ones they have sold so you get a fairly good idea of what an RV is worth. On the contrary, look the advertised prices on a Lazy Days' Website!
Good Luck With Your Search!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:00 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
You might want to give National Indoor RV Centers a look-see. I have heard rave reviews for them. Their Georgia dealership sells the Entegra line, and they'll service both their and in Lewisburg, TX locations.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:30 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
We bought from Nat'l Indoor and can highly reccomend them (Tony was excellent)
Old 03-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
That's an interesting comment. Are you expecting the dealers that you didn't buy from to give you better service than the one you did buy from?
I expect any dealer that I go to for service to treat me just like their own customer. It doesn't make a difference where you buy it. I had a job that we moved every couple of years. I have bought new vehicles almost every year. I very seldom ended up taking my vehicle back to the dealer I bought it at for service. I never had a problem with them treating me any different because I did not buy from them. During those years I owned numerous RVs. The experience was the same. They all like doing warranty work. I think they like warranty work better than non warranty. The factory has much bigger pockets than an individual. When the factory is paying the bill they do not take any short cuts. When I am paying the bill I will scrutinize everything they do and try to save money if I can by using rebuilt parts, etc. If I was a dealer, I would much rather deal with the warranty work than someone like me paying the bill. We are full time and travel a lot, so where I buy a RV or vehicle has no bearing on where I take it for service. To me it is 2 totally different situations. When I buy, I shop for the best price and product. When I need service, I look for the competent shop that does the best work (at a reasonable price if I am paying for it). I used MHS service department 3 times. Their communication and promptness was very poor. They do good on simple repairs, but in my experience with a more complex repair, they did not have the experience to handle it. They sell a lot of motor homes but they have not spent the money to service what they sell. They were only concentrated on the selling for quite some time. Now they are playing catch up with the service department. They have expanded the service department and are pouring a lot of money into the problem. If you have mediocre help, the product they put out will be mediocre. My experience with them was they do not have the quality people to do the good work. I had a few discussions with the CEO about the service department. They know it is a problem and are working on it. JMHO
Old 03-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Then why reward bad service by purchasing from them? Why not support the dealers who give good service by buying from them? It takes a big investment to provide good service and those dealers who make that investment should be supported. With a little negotiating it should not be hard to get almost any dealer to match price.

My own experience and that which many others have posted on these forums is that many if not most dealers give service priority to those who bought from them over those who did not. Which is as it should be in my opinion.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:38 AM   #21
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrin99 View Post
I expect any dealer that I go to for service to treat me just like their own customer. It doesn't make a difference where you buy it. I had a job that we moved every couple of years. I have bought new vehicles almost every year. I very seldom ended up taking my vehicle back to the dealer I bought it at for service. I never had a problem with them treating me any different because I did not buy from them. During those years I owned numerous RVs. The experience was the same. They all like doing warranty work. I think they like warranty work better than non warranty. The factory has much bigger pockets than an individual. When the factory is paying the bill they do not take any short cuts. When I am paying the bill I will scrutinize everything they do and try to save money if I can by using rebuilt parts, etc. If I was a dealer, I would much rather deal with the warranty work than someone like me paying the bill. We are full time and travel a lot, so where I buy a RV or vehicle has no bearing on where I take it for service. To me it is 2 totally different situations. When I buy, I shop for the best price and product. When I need service, I look for the competent shop that does the best work (at a reasonable price if I am paying for it). I used MHS service department 3 times. Their communication and promptness was very poor. They do good on simple repairs, but in my experience with a more complex repair, they did not have the experience to handle it. They sell a lot of motor homes but they have not spent the money to service what they sell. They were only concentrated on the selling for quite some time. Now they are playing catch up with the service department. They have expanded the service department and are pouring a lot of money into the problem. If you have mediocre help, the product they put out will be mediocre. My experience with them was they do not have the quality people to do the good work. I had a few discussions with the CEO about the service department. They know it is a problem and are working on it. JMHO
I totally agree with all said above! It isn't that any dealer does the service for free - they make just as much profit percentage wise or better in service as in sales. I, too, have bought all the cars I have owned including my RVs in the past 30 years from where I got the best price and never had any issues with the service locally. In fact, most service departments do not know whether you purchased the car elsewhere or from them and they don't care either way.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:38 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Then why reward bad service by purchasing from them? Why not support the dealers who give good service by buying from them? It takes a big investment to provide good service and those dealers who make that investment should be supported. With a little negotiating it should not be hard to get almost any dealer to match price.

My own experience and that which many others have posted on these forums is that many if not most dealers give service priority to those who bought from them over those who did not. Which is as it should be in my opinion.
I agree with your observations.

It takes both service and sales to make a dealership profitable. I too believe in rewarding those who provide good service by buying from them. And that generally does not come with a price penalty - unless you want to do some serious arm wrestling and squeeze every penny you can out of them.

As to service priority, I think that the dealers who want to grind an axe against someone who bought elsewhere are now far and few between. Most have recognized that good service to all customers brings them more sales in the long run. However, when the schedule gets tight and they are stacked up, they will give priority to their loyal customers first, which is only right.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:44 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken n deb View Post
We bought from Nat'l Indoor and can highly reccomend them (Tony was excellent)
We also have purchased from Indoor Rv . We priced our Entegra in Texas and at the Orlando dealer. National Indoors price was better then both by alot. Talking 5 figures. The florida dealer swore he was giving us the lowest price any dealer could give us and pressured us to put a down payment on their coach. We didn't give him a deposit and checked with Indoor Rv in Atlanta. $12,500.00 bucks cheaper we did'nt hesitate to buy from them. they were up front and didn't give us the BS to get your best price and then come back.
Johnnypac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:17 PM   #24
HGC

advice on dealers

We have been thinking about trading our 2014TiffinAllegro36LA and getting a new Aspire due to serious QC problems with Tiffin and lack of confidence in the quality of the coach.
But I gather that after the 2 year warranty is up you are at the mercy of dealers for service. Knowing what chronic problems Tiffin is having with their units and the necessary factory work having to be done I would be concerned with taking major problems to dealers to have work done. Am I correct in my understanding of this? Thanks for your input.
HGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
You're about 5 hours away from Youngblood RV in Mayfield KY, a smaller dealer than the two you mentioned. Roger Youngblood gave us a great deal on our Anthem, and a fair price on our fifth wheel and Ram 3500. He and his wife and daughter even took us to dinner that evening while the coach was in final stages of being waxed. Brandy, who handled all the paperwork arrange for financing with their local bank, beating our best rates by almost .5%, and that included a family friend of ours who handles our investments. Their shop tech spent a full 7 hours with us making sure we were familiar with the coach, and before we left, took us for a test drive and filled the fuel tank.

Truly a great experience and great folks. Give them a call, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
What they said.

Roger & Carol Eastern KY
2014 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ
’15 Jeep Cherokee Limited,
Blue Ox, SMI Stay in Play Duo
RogerFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #26

No, Entegra will still work on problems , just not routine service after the warranty period. JMHO 🚌🚓
Old 03-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought our aspire from Pharr RV in Lubbock Texas they beat MHS price and the service has been great Jackie Pharr is the sales manager and Jerry Pharr runs the service Curtis Hudson was our salesman great people would buy from them again.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Big Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, dealer