Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #1

After two glasses of wine I have decided to

report that today I called LD about the new Aspire 44B that came in yesterday. I talked to a lady that has been there almost 30 years. She asked all of the questions about my trade in and she said she would be right back to me with a Great Price. After about 1 hour she called back and I was astonished at their price for this new model. LD wants $226K plus my trade in 05 Fleetwood Excursion 39L with the new Winegard Traveler Satellite system. Our RV is in great shape and has 29K miles. They offered $140K for our unit from the MSRP of $377K. That figured out to be approximately $300K for the new Aspire 44B. She said that it being a new model they should be able to sale these units at this price. I told her that I beg to differ, everyone I have talked to RVOne, Dixie RV and MHSRV they are between $262K and $267K. She then said well you do get the Crown Club membership and I said well for $35K I should be getting more than a few drinks and hospitality. I am not wanting to knock LD but I have tried twice now this year to deal with them and they sure seem to be FULL of themselves. I want to apologize in advance if I have offended any of you that have bought from LD. We will not be one of them.
ranbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe you'll hear back from them tomorrow. Unfortunately, sounds similar to the short discussions I had with LD a little over a year ago. Maybe one of the sales people like the one recommended by Dusty56 in a different thread.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Guess they can ask anything they want, doesn't mean they will get it.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #4

I got exactly 30%off list. MHSRV sold my 2005 Beaver Santiam for $78,000.00 on consignment. It was a very low milage coach with six new Michelin tires. We got less than I wanted for the trade but the price of the new coach was fair. I don't know if that helps you any but.........

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
I got exactly 30%off list. MHSRV sold my 2005 Beaver Santiam for $78,000.00 on consignment. ...
When we were looking to trade in our Winnebago MHSRV offered the lowest trade in value of anyone we spoke with. HOWEVER...they also had some of the best prices for units we were looking at. In the end, it is really a net-sum game.

Luckly we made a pretty darn good deal to trade our Winnebago back to the same dealer we bought it from to get our DSDP. Until then, we were keeping a close eye on MHSRV.

so, IMHO, folks like MHSRV are great for finding some excellent bargains if you are buying straight up. They are not as great for trade ins. Nothing is 100% but that was my experience and a couple folks at MHSRV that I talked with agreed we me. I'm not saying they are crazy stupid at all. I'm just saying that if someone is trying to squeeze every dime out of a trade, it will be a bit more difficult with any high volume, discount dealer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I did fine with LD, but I am not trading my MH in. I imagine if I tried to trade it, the price would be about the same. I have 4 months to sell my coach and have a few low ball offers much higher than LD trade in price was.

It also took me 3 weeks to get the price down, it didn't happen with the first call or the second or the third
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #7

I suspect that when the time comes to trade in another several years we will likely try to find a buyer for our trade in on our own and then arrange a trade with the dealer of choice for our new one. Not for everybody but that way you know exactly what you are really paying.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #8

I found the same scenario only I have a 2005 coachman Sportcoach 376 DS . I put a New Splendade Washer Dryer combo, 37in LED TV, Satellite Dish, New Michelin Tires a few months back, and electric power cord reel. It also came with the 7500 Quiet diesel gen. When getting a price quote from LD and trade value basically they were getting my Coach for close to nothing (if I used the discount places online pricing for the price of the new coach). When they gave me my pricing they started out using NADA and then discounting from there. The NADA price they started with did not include any of my options. They actually told me that I couldn't get anything for my options then turned around and listed the cost of the options on the coach we were looking at. THAT really got me we don't give you any credit but you pay us. I found I was better of selling by myself and purchasing the new coach straight out.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
When we were looking to trade in our Winnebago MHSRV offered the lowest trade in value of anyone we spoke with. HOWEVER...they also had some of the best prices for units we were looking at. In the end, it is really a net-sum game.

Luckly we made a pretty darn good deal to trade our Winnebago back to the same dealer we bought it from to get our DSDP. Until then, we were keeping a close eye on MHSRV.

so, IMHO, folks like MHSRV are great for finding some excellent bargains if you are buying straight up. They are not as great for trade ins. Nothing is 100% but that was my experience and a couple folks at MHSRV that I talked with agreed we me. I'm not saying they are crazy stupid at all. I'm just saying that if someone is trying to squeeze every dime out of a trade, it will be a bit more difficult with any high volume, discount dealer.
Yes I agree. MHSRV only offered us $60,000.00 trade in. They do have a very good consignment deal. They get a lot of buyers on their lot every day.

JJ
Old 10-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
When trading I insist they give me the cash price for the new car/RV and reveal the actual wholesale bid, what they are ACTUALLY paying for my used vehicle. This is the only way you can really compare "apples to apples". When we bought our present rig it took some convincing to get one of the dealers, ironically the dealer we bought out last rig from, on board with my expectations.

They may be giving you 25 to 30% off the MSRP but are showing you something smaller and adding the difference to your trade allowance to make you think they are giving you something fantastic for the old rig. This tactic is as old as commerce has existed on the planet.

They all work from wholesale, you should too, so you know what's really going on.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranbev View Post
report that today I called LD about the new Aspire 44B that came in yesterday. I talked to a lady that has been there almost 30 years. She asked all of the questions about my trade in and she said she would be right back to me with a Great Price. After about 1 hour she called back and I was astonished at their price for this new model. LD wants $226K plus my trade in 05 Fleetwood Excursion 39L with the new Winegard Traveler Satellite system. Our RV is in great shape and has 29K miles. They offered $140K for our unit from the MSRP of $377K. That figured out to be approximately $300K for the new Aspire 44B. She said that it being a new model they should be able to sale these units at this price. I told her that I beg to differ, everyone I have talked to RVOne, Dixie RV and MHSRV they are between $262K and $267K. She then said well you do get the Crown Club membership and I said well for $35K I should be getting more than a few drinks and hospitality. I am not wanting to knock LD but I have tried twice now this year to deal with them and they sure seem to be FULL of themselves. I want to apologize in advance if I have offended any of you that have bought from LD. We will not be one of them.
You want to deal with Jon smith or Scott Hamilton. Wholesale to wholesale.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
When trading I insist they give me the cash price for the new car/RV and reveal the actual wholesale bid, what they are ACTUALLY paying for my used vehicle. This is the only way you can really compare "apples to apples". When we bought our present rig it took some convincing to get one of the dealers, ironically the dealer we bought out last rig from, on board with my expectations.

They may be giving you 25 to 30% off the MSRP but are showing you something smaller and adding the difference to your trade allowance to make you think they are giving you something fantastic for the old rig. This tactic is as old as commerce has existed on the planet.

They all work from wholesale, you should too, so you know what's really going on.
I agree. I never even talk about a trade-in until I have made a cash deal on the car/truck/RV I'm buying.

JJ
Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
LD can ask anything they want, and you can offer anything you want. Make an offer that is reasonable to you. If they don't take it you can walk.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
You want to deal with Jon smith or Scott Hamilton. Wholesale to wholesale.
X2, Cash price do talk. I won't say anything more.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote