Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
AGS auto stop help needed

Ok this is driving me nuts. I'm enjoying my new house battery capacity, however, my AGS seems to be getting worse and worse about not automatically shutting off. Here's the scenario: AGS set to auto, it kicks on at 12.1 volts, charges batteries up for couple hours, then more time goes by, I go look at panel and its switched itself back to Manual! It's happened probably 4 out of last 5 times when on Auto. If Quiet time not necessary, like last night, it will kick on in middle of night and run all night until I wake up and shut it off. Any ideas???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Yes I have read complete EC30 manual several times.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have the Onan EC30 so I cannot advise you other than to call Onan and talk to a engineering technical person for advice.

I have the RC7-GS remote panel for my Inverter and AGS. I also have the Onan EC-30W wireless unit that takes care of Temperature Sensors when we are away from the coach. The RC7-GS did not come with any temperature controls for the A/C's so that's why I added the Onan EC-30W unit.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Is your A/C thermostat on? If it is calling for A/C the generator will run continuously until the thermostat shuts the A/C off.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #5

Are you using the Magnum or the Onan to panel to set? Entegra told me to use the Onan for Auto Start. I had the reverse problem the last time we were out in that it would try to start in the middle of night, fail to start I think because of the cold temps then it would go back to manual. What voltage are you seeing on the panel with it still running? Is it on Float charge? There is a setting in the Onan panel for stop voltage. I think its the next window down from start voltage.
Scr392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
There was some discussion on this post regarding your question. Post #29 had the same questions. Might find an answer in this post. Let us know what works. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/gens...ml#post2314052
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
No on the thermostats. That's not it because it's switching itself back to manual at an unknown time, then will never auto shut off.
No luck on the other thread chuck, no one seemed to ever find a solution. Thank you though.
I think it is attempting to shut itself off at the appropriate time, then for some unknown reason it fails to stop the generator which kicks it back into manual mode. Very frustrating. I will call Onan this week.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Please let us know what you find. It looks like you are not alone with that situation. Glad to see the new batteries solved most of the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
Ok this is driving me nuts. I'm enjoying my new house battery capacity, however, my AGS seems to be getting worse and worse about not automatically shutting off. Here's the scenario: AGS set to auto, it kicks on at 12.1 volts, charges batteries up for couple hours, then more time goes by, I go look at panel and its switched itself back to Manual! It's happened probably 4 out of last 5 times when on Auto. If Quiet time not necessary, like last night, it will kick on in middle of night and run all night until I wake up and shut it off. Any ideas???
Call Jacob in CS, he knows what to do. We were having a similar issue and it is a Cummins issue. Behind the modular in the PS over head cabinet were you control slides,etc. There were you set the temp and volt range, behind that panel there is a wire that needs to be disconnected or the solder removed. Had that done to ours and NO More Problems
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote