Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
BTW, I am Texas' newest non-CDL Class B license holder!
Congrats!! Welcome to the legal group

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the congratulations!

With the markings at 0, 65 and 150 it's hard to tell exact pressure. I would say my right gage runs at 135-140 and left at 110-125. Both a little lower on rough roads or traffic.

BTW, the "dde09" in my post above is what you get if you try to use an Apple emoticon! It was supposed to be ;-)
Couldn't make emoticon out (and if I used that word, Beachbum would be ragging me)...but, the slam on Angelo's is interesting...really like their brisket, and you can order it on line. Have to try your recs the next time in FTW.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Dave,

Next time you're in FTW it will be my treat at Railhead, Mesquite Pit or my backyard! Angelo's has become more of a tourist destination and gotten pretty rundown.

Mesquite Pit is in Weatherford and Mineral Wells.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the congratulations!

With the markings at 0, 65 and 150 it's hard to tell exact pressure. I would say my right gage runs at 135-140 and left at 110-125. Both a little lower on rough roads or traffic.
That would probably be an item on my punch list, I am kind of a stickler on accurate gauges. You being a pilot, I think you understand why I would question the gauges. As I leaned in flight school, always believe your instruments.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That would probably be an item on my punch list, I am kind of a stickler on accurate gauges. You being a pilot, I think you understand why I would question the gauges. As I leaned in flight school, always believe your instruments.
I can't agree with you on this one. At least not completely. I am a pilot and I NEVER trust fuel gauges. Never. My last plane (PA28-235) had four tanks and four fuel gauges. They could not be trusted. I was taught to use time. In that plane I flew 1/2 hour per tank and two hours is about all I can handle in a small plane. In instrument conditions I agree on trusting your gauges but not for fuel. The best fuel gauge I ever encountered was in a Piper Cub. Just a steel rod with a cork on one end.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
I can't agree with you on this one. At least not completely. I am a pilot and I NEVER trust fuel gauges. Never. My last plane (PA28-235) had four tanks and four fuel gauges. They could not be trusted. I was taught to use time. In that plane I flew 1/2 hour per tank and two hours is about all I can handle in a small plane. In instrument conditions I agree on trusting your gauges but not for fuel. The best fuel gauge I ever encountered was in a Piper Cub. Just a steel rod with a cork on one end.

JJ

That one have have to agree with you on, always flew by hours and head wind condition and in the MH I set trip 1 on the odometer every time I fuel and re-fuel at 600 miles. However when it comes to an air valve that can blow fittings and hoses that I can't see, I do want accurate air gauges. The airbag valves and lines on my Spartan Chassis are plastic. I have split two valves and had a leak in one of the air lines. I do want accurate air gauges after the air problems I have experienced.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Accuracy is dependent on what you're measuring; when the operational range is 100-140 and you can get a 20-30 psi variance dependent on road conditions and brake usage these gages are probably sufficiently accurate. JMHO. :-)
Old 10-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #36

Quote:
I would hesitate to call what I did parallel parking but the examiner did so that's all that counts. I don't know if I said already but I told her that was the second time I parallel parked my coach and it would be the last; if all that is available is parallel parking I will go someplace else. She said most MH drivers seem to feel that way and she agreed. We have Railhead, Mesquite Pit and my backyard so never have a need to eat the mediocre BBQ at Angelo's dde09
TXBart is correct, While Angelo's used to be great it has really slipped and Railhead is the Fort Worth's best - especially their ribs!! Also some of the coldest beer in town served in hot-ice frozen mugs.
papaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #37

I just spoke with Shane Gonser at Spartan. He said the Entegra line requires more pressure than some other coaches and 135-150 is correct. He said the hoses and valves can handle much more pressure than this. Just thought I would report back.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Good info, JJ! Thanks!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Good info JJ, thanks. I will be interested to look at the air ride valves and lines on the new Spartan chassis compared to mine. I know Spartan has made a LOT of improvements since my chassis. It looks like I have a lot to learn about the "new" Mountain Master Chassis.

Speaking of air, one nice improvement was placing the rear tire air fill valves pointing out instead in like they use to according to their Youtube video. I had a tire shop turn mine around and never could figure out why they pointed them in on a MH. What a pain that was to fill the outside rear tires.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
like their brisket,
Brisket? You guys need to spend more time in NC.....

<<Ducking>>