Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Air conditioner "hush Kit"

I met another Entegra owner yesterday, and he told me that he met an owner at the dinner in Gillette who had designed a "hush kit" or diffuser for the noisy A/C's we have in the older (pre 2014) models. Has anyone heard of this and if so, how does one get in touch with the guy to get or build one. My source told me that Tad Jenkins knows the individual, but Tad has not replied to my queries yet. Most of us would jump at the chance to silence or at least quiet our A/C's.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hush those puppies

I'm in if it's true.

Hopefully the cure is not.... go buy three new Coleman AC units and the controls!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
AC units noisy vs cooling

I can't prove it but one salesman told me the newer, and quieter, Coleman AC units do not cool the coach as well as my old rumbling Dometics in my Aug assembled version of my 2013 Aspire. I'd really love to camp next to the same model Entegra with the newer units and compare the pre-2014 AC units to the current edition ones. I'd be interested to hear the cooling output of one brand to the other.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #4

I have both, having had a 2011 Anthem and now with the new one and the dealer lied to you. Both are equal and work great. JMHO and experience
Old 09-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
I met another Entegra owner yesterday, and he told me that he met an owner at the dinner in Gillette who had designed a "hush kit" or diffuser for the noisy A/C's we have in the older (pre 2014) models. Has anyone heard of this and if so, how does one get in touch with the guy to get or build one. My source told me that Tad Jenkins knows the individual, but Tad has not replied to my queries yet. Most of us would jump at the chance to silence or at least quiet our A/C's.
Hope there is something to this.......We have a 2012 Anthem and our a/c's are real growlers....we've had them "tuned" at least twice over the last two years, but still hard to hear TV over the heat pumps and a/c's when they come on.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #6

2012 Aspire AC

All

I have not heard of any "hush kits" and would be very interested since we have a 2012 Aspire and agree they are noisy. . However, we recently had our bedroom AC replaced and the tech informed me that most of the noise comes from the "dump" vents. So, I removed the vent frame and placed duct tape across the vents. Wow! This made a significant difference. For instance prior to the duct taping, we had to increase to bedroom TV from a volume of 7 to about 32 in order to hear. Now, we don't have to, but if we do we only go up to 15-17 volume.

So, hopefully this helps with some of your noise issues.

I hope we can find out the "hush kit" and get them quieter though!!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ/2011 Jeep Liberty and 2 Yorkies
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My Colemans work great. I normally use the front one only unless I need to cool it down fast I'll turn the rear one on too and then shut it off later. Usually great comfort level with running just the front one. I would like the lower profile units just for the sake of looks. I hate the looks of those two big boxes on the roof. However some say the low profile Colemans are noisier.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
All

I have not heard of any "hush kits" and would be very interested since we have a 2012 Aspire and agree they are noisy. . However, we recently had our bedroom AC replaced and the tech informed me that most of the noise comes from the "dump" vents. So, I removed the vent frame and placed duct tape across the vents. Wow! This made a significant difference. For instance prior to the duct taping, we had to increase to bedroom TV from a volume of 7 to about 32 in order to hear. Now, we don't have to, but if we do we only go up to 15-17 volume.

So, hopefully this helps with some of your noise issues.

I hope we can find out the "hush kit" and get them quieter though!!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ/2011 Jeep Liberty and 2 Yorkies

Now, what exactly are "dump" vents?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post

Now, what exactly are "dump" vents?
They are the little slide vents that allow the air to flow straight down from the unit (dump) rather than going thru the ductwork. The only one we ever use is the front unit while driving since the supply grills are all over the top of the slides.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
This was in a 2104 Anthem a couple weeks ago at Lake Texoma. When it hit 107 outside the units could only take it to about 85 inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1204631933.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	45465  
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
This was in a 2104 Anthem a couple weeks ago at Lake Texoma. When it hit 107 outside the units could only take it to about 85 inside.
85 ? It says 74.7.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
It also says 9:45 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
It didn't hit 107 until about 5:00. Even the dogs wouldn't go outside!

I am happy with the AC performance. It slowly crept up but cooled as soon as the outside air cooled.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, that's what Lake Texoma is for

It would be interesting to know if any coach can stand up to those temps with the Acs we have on coaches. Unfortunately, cold weather is just around the corner. Can't believe it is September...8 months in our coach in all kinds of weather. So many places seen and wonderful folks met.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner