Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #1

Air Conditioner roof replacement on 2018 ASPIRE

# 1 a/c compressor quit need new one
all coleman's b/o
found replacement units furrion and advent
has anyone put these on there coach??
Ritk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2022, 12:50 PM   #2

A different manufacturer of AC may nto integrate with VegaTouch. Have to determine if the unit of choice has an RV-C interface
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
A different manufacturer of AC may nto integrate with VegaTouch. Have to determine if the unit of choice has an RV-C interface

An 18 Aspire would not have VegaTouch. That didnít get to the Aspires until 20.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:19 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Call Tiffin's parts department. 256-356-0261. They just got Mach 8's in stock. I just ordered one today after waiting a year and a half. The new part number is 47024-079 which supersedes the 47024-679. Its the 15k ac/hp with the sump pump. Just use your existing control box. Hope this can help you.
Props2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:49 AM   #5

replace Air Conditioner

Thanks for the input
Found 2 direct replacement units

Advent Air part # ACM105B. $638 free shipping from etrailer

It's 13" tall Just a little higher than the Mach 8 from Coleman

They have been great to work with Just about ready to order just need to figure
a way to get it up on the roof

Problem with the Coleman unit is the Chinese copper tubing. my unit was fixed with a weld. then it sprung another leak that was bigger. All gas leaked out and I didn't shut down unit, the compress locked up and now I have junk that can't be fixed.

Keeping fingers cross that the other 2 don't s*** the bed. Repair man says it just a matter of time.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:11 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Please let us know how the Advent Air works as for as installation, etc. It might help someone with the same delay on the delivery problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 10:27 AM   #7

The Coleman/AirXcel plant is about a mile from a client's office so I drive past it occasionally. They still have a help wanted sign out front. Over the past 18 months they've expanded their work force by around 300 positions and added shifts. They pay relatively low wages in a city that has highly paid aircraft manufacturing and modification workers.

Back when the Coleman family controlled a majority of board seats, Coleman was a desirable place to work if one did not want employment in aviation's cyclical boom/bust.

At any rate, AirXcel is building them as fast as they can. I replaced the old Mach 3 on the Majestic last year - shipped from Kansas to Houston back to Kansas, to be installed in the shadow (almost literally) of where it was built.

Production may have slowed recently. The same plant fills one-use propane cylinders (16oz, mostly) and a fork truck incident started a 2 alarm fire at that end of the building.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:10 AM   #8

We are fortunate we have the factory ladder on our Aspire.
Iím changing out our Satellite turret. So pretty similar to your new A/C unit dimensionally.
To get it on the roof, I bought some cargo straps. The kind that are the web material for strapping stuff.
Iím going to strap the plywood shipping frame it came mounted to, then pull it up to the roof using a line secured to the straps.
Iíll have one person on the ladder guiding it as I hoist it up.
At least that is the plan.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:55 PM   #9

This had me excited but then I read the adapter harness will not work with Mack heat pump models.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 12:23 PM   #10

Just a update on my install of my Advent air A/C
Well as things go things don't always work out as well as hoped
I was told that it was a direct replacement of the Coleman Mack 8
well don't believe every you are told
The holds did not line up at all so had to drill new into roof. (not happy about new holes in roof)
There was a drain tube in the old A/C but nothing like that on the new one.
Going on line I found a site that says it is not needed water will just go on roof and down side of coach ( not good)
All say and done it is now up running.
Found something interesting doing this work
On old unit there was a non connected wire that said Freeze probe that was just hanging
On the new unit the was a place to insert that (probe) on to the fins of the unit that would shut it down if it loses gas and overheats.
So now I know why mind failed. Need to talk to the repairman that "fixed" it last fall
Old 06-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #11

Swapping over from Dometic to Coleman Mach 8 Plus 47024-079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Props2 View Post
Call Tiffin's parts department. 256-356-0261. They just got Mach 8's in stock. I just ordered one today after waiting a year and a half. The new part number is 47024-079 which supersedes the 47024-679. Its the 15k ac/hp with the sump pump. Just use your existing control box. Hope this can help you.
Would you happen to know the control box part number that works with this unit? I am struggling to find a resource that can confirm the correct corresponding part number.

FYI I am converting from Dometic to Coleman hence the reason why I do not have the control box part number already. Thanks in advance.
Koochz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:19 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
You lost one of the best features with the other units... No water pouring off your roof. Are you sure there's no way to hook that up?

Tags
ace, air, air conditioner, replace, replacement, roof