Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Crossfire pressure equalization..These work pretty slick .. Of course you buy the crossfire for your particular pressure ..
Cats Eye makes a similar system..
http://www.amazon.com/Crossfire-Dual...gy_auto_text_y
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 06:17 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
IMHO there is no adequate substitute for individual wheel weighing. That said, look at RV WEIGH - Mobile Weigh Station. www.rvweigh.com They are in the Las Vegas area all of March and April. That is an opportunity to get weighing done right for your coach. I had mine weighed by RV Safety Foundation, Walter Cannon, in an abandoned shopping center parking lot so facilities are not the issue. Good luck to you.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #17

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
I had the same problem with the inner duals on our 2013 Winnebago Adventurer. The stems are at such an angle that none of my air gauges or chucks would properly seat on the stem to depress the valve. It was either remove all the wheels and get new stems on the inner duals or come up with another solution.

I ended up modifying one of my Milton #506 inflator gauges to do the job.

Milton Window Inflator Gage, Dual Head, Model# S-506 | Air Chucks Gauges| Northern Tool + Equipment

I took the foot and 6" brass pipe off the hose. I replaced the pipe with a piece of 5/16" brake tube, and got a couple adaptors to convert the straight threads on the tube to match the original 1/8" pipe threads on the foot and hose connection.

I put a slight S bend in the tube at the foot end so it could snake through the outer aluminum wheel and fit properly on the stem of the inner wheel.

On our particular setup I needed the short foot on the #506 inflator gauge. I also have a couple #516 gauges, but the longer straight foot couldn't clear the outer wheel and get the proper angle for contact on the valve stem.

Here's a link to the #516 inflator gauge so you can compare the foot to the #506

Milton Window Inflator Air Gauge — Dual-Head Straight Chuck, 1/4in. Inlet, Model# S-516 | Air Chucks Gauges| Northern Tool + Equipment

The whole process of fabricating a new tube and attaching the original foot took about 1/2 an hour. It was somewhat trial and error to get the proper bends in the proper positions. This is now a dedicated inflator/gauge that stays with the motorhome.
Have to wonder... If you had difficulty what did the dealer use when he did final vehicle prep before delivery? It would be interesting to see how they would respond if you were to stop off and ask them to show you how to measure and add air to your duals.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #18

All the tire pressures were set at the recommended 85 psi when we got it so someone along the line had inflated them to the proper pressure.

The first few times I checked the tire pressure I did it by crawling under the coach and accessing the valve stems by reaching through the inner dual from the inside. I used either the Milton S 506 inflator or the Milton S 976 gauge. It worked but way to much of a hassle.

The modified inflator/gauge works on all the tires. It only takes a couple minutes to check all of them as opposed to 20 minutes to check just the inside duals.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #19

True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Have to wonder... If you had difficulty what did the dealer use when he did final vehicle prep before delivery? It would be interesting to see how they would respond if you were to stop off and ask them to show you how to measure and add air to your duals.

Good point!
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires